test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weird permission issues?

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
Each time i log into the game, I have to accept the terms of service. Both here AND in Champions online. I haven't checked on NW, yet, but it is likely the same.

Also, when posting on the forums, I'm not able to post right away, with the message that my posts need approval before they get posted.

Are these a new thing that EVERYONE is having to see? Is this a Gearbox thing? Is there an issue (forum wise) due to the new site/forums? I'm not keen on some of the mods but did i upset one enough that they limited my access to posting threads?

I'm just a bit confused as to what's going on and if i'm the only one having these issues since the website forum thing happened.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I'm not getting either of these.

Have you been caught dealing in Romulan ale, or had suspicious credit card use, or something that has marked your account as needing scrutiny? (That's just a wild guess based on how people get their zen and purchases temporarily account locked because reasons.)
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I had a lot of trouble logging in around 3 weeks ago (dynamic IP related as to why I needed to) but nothing like yourself OP.

Maybe PM a mod and see if they can help.

If it's a security issue, they won't necessarily specify what exactly it is though.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Also, when posting on the forums, I'm not able to post right away, with the message that my posts need approval before they get posted.

I don't know about the rest, but I believe I fixed your posting issues, so they should be resolved now.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If you launch CO, you have to re-accept the EULA in NWO the next time you load a character there and vice-versa...because they apparently use two different EULA versions, so accepting one causes the other to be seen as having not been accepted. It's another one of those hundreds of issues that's been around for years.

It shouldn't be affecting STO, however, no matter which other Cryptic games you play.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    If you launch CO, you have to re-accept the EULA in NWO the next time you load a character there and vice-versa...because they apparently use two different EULA versions, so accepting one causes the other to be seen as having not been accepted. It's another one of those hundreds of issues that's been around for years.

It shouldn't be affecting STO, however, no matter which other Cryptic games you play.​​
    Apparently it affects STO after you play CO, and vice versa, because I haven't played Neveragainwinter in years.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I don't know about the rest, but I believe I fixed your posting issues, so they should be resolved now.

I'm glad to hear that but do you know what happened? I would be curious to know so i can avoid it later on down the line

I'll have to check that but it's been happening EVERY time i log in to STO or CO, regardless of when i logged into one of the other first. Knowing that it might be one causing it to the other, i will have to avoid CO for a few days just to make sure. Weird that they would have differing EULA's though. Good Catch.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator

I'm glad to hear that but do you know what happened? I would be curious to know so i can avoid it later on down the line

Not something that can be "avoided." It was a setting on your profile. It was showing as "unverified." The system will sometimes flag posts as possible spam from such profiles. Those posts go into a special queue, and as mods, we can restore them. I simply went in and "verified" your profile, so that you shouldn't get flagged in the future. And before anyone asks, it had nothing to do with the recent forum change. This would happen on the previous version of the forum as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Visually they seem to be going back and forth depending on certain threads.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    And before anyone asks, it had nothing to do with the recent forum change. This would happen on the previous version of the forum as well.

Random bug, then?

jonsills wrote: »
    Apparently it affects STO after you play CO, and vice versa, because I haven't played Neveragainwinter in years.

Same and CAN Verify. I wasn't noticing it until it was brought up but game hopping DOES seem to be the factor here.

This discussion has been closed.