What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BETTER REWARDS FOR LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION NEEDED

2»

Comments

• Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    I think touching the Dil rates even for LTS'ers would be a bad thing at the moment. Although I would ask that they move the NPC you use to get the extra 1000 refined every few days to someplace more convenient. Like maybe in ESD and First City. Having to jump through multiple transporter hoops to use him is a bit annoying.

Really what LTS needs is simple. Give it something new at least once a year like Clockwork. Be it a new Uniform. A New Ship, A storage boost, a New type of Boff. A new unlocked Player Race, Whatever. Just add to it once a year.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... to be fair, I don't think Liberated Borg have been touched since launch, so its all launch era stuff other than any uniforms added since that we all have access to.
    https://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3026853

A 'fun' fact: it seems the liberated Borg aren't even advertised as being part of the rewards anymore.

If this is a legit omission, I'll pass it up the chain, because far as I know they are still Lifer only.

edit: Ok it not only does NOT mention Lib Borg, but it also doesn't mention Talaxians. Went ahead and passed this up the chain.

Talaxians were mentioned in the last news announcement though. That's why I didn't mention them, those were still announced as a premium species included in the subscription.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11510693-save-on-a-lifetime-subscription!

It'd be best if it were in the list in the other link too though indeed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    ..are you saying that non-LTS players doesnt use real money for buying ZEN Store, but seems LTS player like you "counting on" they buying from zen store with a free ZEN´s wich LTS provides to them, but it should be even more what is it already ?
    In my mind Gearbox should start open they eyes and spread out these possiblities already by providing subscriptions. Besides seems you already getting 500Zens in month ? Well that is good enough already, i dont think main purpose of is LTS cleans up ZEN store stuff with they free Zens in too short time span either. How do you think they will ever get "income" from this.

Not exactly sure what you are saying here but something tells me you are just projecting. I never once said ANYTHING about non LTS players.

Yes, I did say that 500zen isn't enough otherwise I wouldn't have posted. When you purchase a LTS you are saying here is my $200-300 I might not play long enough to get that back but I like your game enough (right now) to give you this. As a game exists longer and longer that value goes down making it harder and harder to get new players to purchase it. By increasing the amount of zen offered you improve that value making it more attractive for new players and keeping long time owners happy with your game as it ages (probably even bringing some back to spend the zen). This is especially true considering that the amount of zen store ships has grown exponentially over the life of the game. The amount of money they get from lockbox and promo box gambling is I'm sure a considerable amount of "income" as you say. So, I'm not too concerned for them there.

Like I said most of what you wrote is incoherent so I am assuming English isn't your first language but I think I answer it all with these:

1. I never said anything about non LTS owners.
    2. Yes, I believe that 500 zen isn't enough in the LTS at this stage in the life of the game especially considering just the sheer amount of zen store ships available in today's game.
    3. They stopped offering subscriptions other than LTS several years back so I have to believe they realized it wasn't monetarily worth it to keep offering it and probably was more of a headache with fraud and chargebacks etc.
    4. I would guess that most of their income comes from gambling on lockbox and promo ships otherwise they would be adding zen store ships as rapidly as they do lockbox/promo ships.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    [

Talaxians were mentioned in the last news announcement though. That's why I didn't mention them, those were still announced as a premium species included in the subscription.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11510693-save-on-a-lifetime-subscription!

I'm not sure that "Playable Neelix's!" is quite the selling feature for LTS that they would want to broadly advertise?
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    [

I'm not sure that "Playable Neelix's!" is quite the selling feature for LTS that they would want to broadly advertise?

I liked Neelix. :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

The fact that Talaxians are available, but only for LTS, still qualifies. Just because some people don't like Talaxians doesn't mean everyone hates them. If someone wants to play one they can. It is an option that opens up with LTS. And in the interest of being clear on everything that is available with LTS, Playable Talaxians should be listed alongside Playable Liberated Borg because that is the only way to play one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    how about some trait tokens? there are very hard to get traits out there that a way of getting them outside of negotiating a 2B credit deal for the ship you probably will never use just for the trait. account trait unlocks tokens?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    As an LTS player, I would never say no to all the more rewards and unlocks, etc. Frankly, with the direction the game is currently in, I really don't see them doing anything to improve the LTS rewards any time soon. Heck, I'm of the opinion that they need to go back and really update what's already there, updating old traits, FINALLY finishing the infected complexion for the LTS Borg Captains, adding more TO the playable Borg, things like that.

I agree that the unlimited Dil would be too much but i wouldn't mind if it gave you Champions Online's 16,000 limit instead. 18,000 if that included the dailies at the fleet base. Regardless, it WOULD be nice, I just don't see a whole lot being done for that, sadly.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Hey guys... feel free to drop a question into the Q&A thread too about Lifer perks.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.