test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solanae Dyson Sphere question

vaylottevaylotte Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Hi there,
I'm up to the Solanae Dyson Sphere and really want to get through it. How do I unlock 'A step between Stars' mission ? I've been trying to pass Tower Control first. Do I need to pass Tower Control and The Omega Standoff first ?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    westmetals wrote: »
    There's a "skip" function but I believe it is only enabled if you've previously done the same mission with a different character on your account.
    Not really, the 'Skip' button tends to appear for major story-based missions allowing you to skip ahead. It will appear for a story mission even if you've never played it before.
    Most of the first missions in a story arc do not get a 'Skip' button as they often just point you toward the main mission-giver for an arc. For example, "Heading Out" points you toward Starbase 39 Sierra and ends with Damar Kahn suggesting that the player should speak with Admiral T'nae, who gives the rest of the missions in the story arc.

Most of the missions in the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc are not the long, story-type missions and so the 'Skip' button doesn't appear for them, including, I think, "Tower Control".

It's an awkward mission to solo, but my tactic is to get close enough to start firing on one ship and then back off a little. If I'm lucky, only 2 or 3 ships will follow me and I can take them down. If I'm unlucky, the entire group will come after me...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    it's not hard to get by the towers. go to a populated instance, and as others complete it it should advance for you as well.
    Spock.jpg