test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HUD elements missing or vanishing randomly.

kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
sahemsy4crhj.png

So i've ve been having problems with the HUD recently where the display for the enemy health doesn't appear it's gotten worse and Now I don't even see my heatlh display....
Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    /moved to Bug Reports for higher visibility.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    tolos2tolos2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    sahemsy4crhj.png

So i've ve been having problems with the HUD recently where the display for the enemy health doesn't appear it's gotten worse and Now I don't even see my heatlh display....

Been getting this myself. But its normally after I die. I dont see ANY status bars at all.
  • Options
    shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    This happens when you die/defeated the team and targeting status and nameplates are not restored on respawn.

Temporary workaround is to hit the escape key open the games options panel then close it and all should be right again. But you will need to do this each time you die or are defeated.

This issue is a big one most of the chat channels are very active with this issue but seeing as no one is actually reporting it here I don't think it will ever get fixed. Please find others in game and tell them to make a big report its the only way to get this fixed. It would also help if they filed a official support ticket the more people that do the more likely it will get fixed.
  • Options
    kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    /moved to Bug Reports for higher visibility.

Thank's Badmoon.
    This happens when you die/defeated the team and targeting status and nameplates are not restored on respawn.

Temporary workaround is to hit the escape key open the games options panel then close it and all should be right again. But you will need to do this each time you die or are defeated.

This issue is a big one most of the chat channels are very active with this issue but seeing as no one is actually reporting it here I don't think it will ever get fixed. Please find others in game and tell them to make a big report its the only way to get this fixed. It would also help if they filed a official support ticket the more people that do the more likely it will get fixed.
    yeah well that doesn't work in space.

Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Yes, I have noticed this is happening to players who have an interface scale of less than one. The problems started after a patch in which Improve UI elements was announced.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    > @kursed#7599 said:
    > Thank's Badmoon.
    >
    > yeah well that doesn't work in space.

Actually it does work in space, there might be a delay though. Press ESC twice until this ground and space HUD bug is fixed. You can submit bug reports in space, you do not have to be on the ground to do that.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I've also experienced the team/target HUD elements vanishing during a space TFO bug. (Peril over Pahvo) They didn't show up in F12 and resetting the HUD item locations didn't work. I didn't try the escape method since I didn't know about it until now. Haven't seen any chat chatter about it as I'm not at ESD.