test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After dying, team and your target HUD elements disappear starting from patch 3/26/22

anubis77canubis77c Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Just as the title says - after dying now, the HUD elements that show your teammates list (default top left) and your target (default top center).

A workaround for the time being: Hit escape, click on rearrange hud, then hit escape again to close out of the hud editor. This restores the missing elements (until your next death).
PvP Guides and Build Help Videos

Co-Founder of OrganizedPvP https://discord.gg/Uf2ywQvfsg
-STO- Community Fleet Officer & Build Advisor (21,000 characters, 3800+ unique players active on discord)
Build Curator for STOBUILDS

Comments

• valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    You don't even need to die. All you have to do is use a transporter, turbolift, or encounter a cutscene on ground maps, and the HUD vanishes.

• scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Can confirm! Dyson Ground Battlezone, UI for Character and Boffs (which is default on the Upper Left side) vanishes when using transport & or misc random times.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    I'm losing ground UI elements as well after the 5/26/22 patch. It's quite frequent when playing Forged in Fire.
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    yes. missing group/boff ui after using turolift in mission Firewall and after using teleport at Voth ground combatzone
  • hunterbahamuthunterbahamut Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I'm having the same issue. When respawning after death or doing any kind of map transfer, the party and enemy UI elements completely disappear.
    So far it's been happening to me on TFO maps, Forged in Fire, Brotherhood of the Sword and Khitomer in Stasis.

This also happens in space maps, Infected: The Conduit was one I just did and the party and enemy UI disappeared after death.
    Post edited by hunterbahamut on
  • federic0#6348 federic0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm reporting the exact same issue, the whole HUD disappears after a death and reappears only after a cutscene or beam out, at least in space, I don't know on ground.
    https://ibb.co/Jv9g4M3
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    I've been encountering the disappearing UI parts whilst playing missions and TFO's.
    They tend to re-appear after cutscenes but vanish again if there's a map transfer.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I had this twice. On my lvl10 recruit yesterday during romulan ground missions and today in mycelial realm TFO after each teleporter.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    Oh, good, so it wasn't just me encountering this...?
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I've encountered the loss of "Target Info" and "Team Status" UI elements in both space and ground maps as well.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    anubis77c wrote: »
    Just as the title says - after dying now, the HUD elements that show your teammates list (default top left) and your target (default top center).

A workaround for the time being: Hit escape, click on rearrange hud, then hit escape again to close out of the hud editor. This restores the missing elements (until your next death).

This happened to me once, yesterday, while doing Operation Wolf. I died, respawned and the UI did what you described, so things were awkward. Thankfully the TFO isn't hard and the issue fixed itself when I left the instance. I'll keep the workaround in mind if it happens again.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • sledgehammer79sledgehammer79 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Can confirm! Dyson Ground Battlezone, UI for Character and Boffs (which is default on the Upper Left side) vanishes when using transport & or misc random times.

same issue here :s
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Yep, this happening to me too. I found it is related to setting the interface scale, if I have it lower than 0.99 then some UI elements disappear or are badly shifted (such as starship trait icon in traits menu).
    https://ibb.co/SJ1NQPY
  • captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Got the same issue here, too.
    zv66x44hmssm.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm also having this issue.
  • shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I am also having this issue.

This happens when you die/defeated the team and targeting status and nameplates are not restored on respawn.

Temporary workaround is to hit the escape key open the games options panel then close it and all should be right again. But you will need to do this each time you die or are defeated.

This issue is a big one most of the chat channels are very active with this issue but seeing as no one is actually reporting it here I don't think it will ever get fixed. Please find others in game and tell them to make a big report its the only way to get this fixed. It would also help if they filed a official support ticket the more people that do the more likely it will get fixed.

I remember it took about a month or two when the boffs broke on dyson ground because no one made official support tickets
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Having the same issues just going into Ui settings, hide your team hot bars ,then unhide them to get them back, bit of a pain but its a work around. oh as the above post also says . I guess that emergency bottle of scotch for when the servers fail on emergency power is having a wee bit of an affect, hic
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • budley007#4964 budley007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue here. Have to perform work-around to get personal and team health bars to show up again.