test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revelations (Delta Quadrant arc): Cannot progress mission

2»

Comments

• amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I'm skeptical re: some of the workarounds mentioned above. How do those actions prevent the NPC Turei from taking out one or more of the drop pods?
  • borg4m3borg4m3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can verify the comments above with work arounds work. Here is what I did.

Complete the tower grid (4 towers)
    activate the defense grid
    Pasify all officers!
    Then talk to Turei, once you close dialogue box, DEAD sprint to him in middle (be close to middle before you activate his dialogue, so he doesn't go down), begin conversation with him, go through quickly so other Turei do not down the other Vad's
    Then once all pods land, pause game, unpasify officers
    You're welcome and thank you, to the two above who looked for work around
  • zach9044zach9044 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    ok so after finally clearing it thanks to everyone's help someone else was saying to fully complete the Delta Quadrant arc I actually had to do all the little mission on the planet which I didn't know were connected to the last mission in the list. Thankfully now that I have done that I was able to get the completion for the goal in my Delta Recruitment.

I never knew you had to complete all the optional planet side missions. Anyway I am relieved to be done with that so thanks again for the tips. I hope everyone else is able to get past this as well.
  • demonseed75demonseed75 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    amleth125 wrote: »
    I'm skeptical re: some of the workarounds mentioned above. How do those actions prevent the NPC Turei from taking out one or more of the drop pods?

i think its because you and your party have so much more firepower than the Turei, if as i do i upgrade my armor and weapons as i go along, i was MK XV in all gear by the time i got to that mission so i was 1 shotting almost everything by that stage.
    Curious that there were no pc patch notes with the update of 6/2/22. Has the problem been fixed? Have any problems been fixed? Anyone else tried Revelations w/o resorting to the workarounds since the patch?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    > @amleth125 said:
    > Curious that there were no pc patch notes with the update of 6/2/22. Has the problem been fixed? Have any problems been fixed? Anyone else tried Revelations w/o resorting to the workarounds since the patch?

The Patch Notes have finally been posted. This particular bug has not been fixed. Maybe next week.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • orisen1orisen1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Waiting to have this fixed, the workarounds are nice, but a simple hotfix would have resolved this long ago.
    orisen1 wrote: »
    Waiting to have this fixed, the workarounds are nice, but a simple hotfix would have resolved this long ago.

Well, I'm not sure how simple the fix would/will be, but I think I'll also wait a while longer for one to appear. Workarounds kinda spoil the gameplay logic/aesthetics and I'm doing this for fun after all.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Started a new Delta recruit and finally got up to this mission, and yes, this is still an issue.
    Final fight scene once the Voth power suits drop in and the hostiles are taken care of.. everything stops.
    I can also say this, that there are only two pods on the ground when the Voth get involved.
  • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The problem appears to be the turei shooting the fourth Vaadwaur Pod down causes the issue causing the last wave not to spawn in, as of yet there at least on my . I've waited around i've tried to get all the turei killed so they can't shoot the pod but the one that shoots the pod just won't go down...
    Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Good news! Our bug has officially graduated to "known issue in the patch notes" status, so it's likely at the front of the fix queue. Maybe even next week...
  • starjammer1165starjammer1165 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have tried nearly every workaround I could find none of them worked
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I have tried nearly every workaround I could find none of them worked

Yes, they have a lot of randomness involved.
    Sometimes the Turai lose a lot of soldiers, sometimes they don't, if they don't, they'll shoot it down. I've not found a good way to control this.
    If you can get Seven involved in a combat elsewhere when you talk to the Turai, she'll not shoot it down.
    You can set your officers to passive so they won't shoot it down.

Frustratingly on my second run I had the best chance, four Turai down at the start, but didn't know about the bug and healed them. I have not lost more than one Turai since, even leaving them to fight on their own, even on the highest difficulty.
  • sledgehammer79sledgehammer79 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same problem here with my Gamma Recruit.... Only two vad drop pods arrived and the final cutscene not triggerslhcwd31aor3.jpg
  • masterares1masterares1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am having the same issue on a new Delta recruit

ticket ID #754,173

https://youtu.be/4QQcWURVONM
  • masterares1masterares1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am having the same issue on a new Delta recruit

ticket ID #754,173

https://youtu.be/4QQcWURVONM

I just found a workaround for this bug.

I left all of my BOFFs away from the fight and I did not attack any of the Vaadwaur until all of the drop pods landed then brought my BOFFs in and killed them all. Then I was able to advance past where I was stuck. There seems to be a bug with getting all the drop pods to land. I dont know if they are getting destroyed by BOFFs or what but if they don't all land then it wont advance.
    edited June 2022
    I just found a workaround for this bug.

I left all of my BOFFs away from the fight and I did not attack any of the Vaadwaur until all of the drop pods landed then brought my BOFFs in and killed them all. Then I was able to advance past where I was stuck. There seems to be a bug with getting all the drop pods to land. I dont know if they are getting destroyed by BOFFs or what but if they don't all land then it wont advance.

Can't confirm this, because if even one Turai NPC survives and shoots down a drop pod it's game over. Those that get past this point seem to do so by sheer chance.
  • sledgehammer79sledgehammer79 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    amleth125 wrote: »

Can't confirm this, because if even one Turai NPC survives and shoots down a drop pod it's game over. Those that get past this point seem to do so by sheer chance.

Well, said... I tried again, and again... my BOFFs in passive mode, but enough just 1 stupid Turei NPC who starts shooting the descending drop pod and BANG pod explodes and YOU STUCK again.... :s

• o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Thanks to the previous thread and this thread I was able to reproduce the issue internally and file a bug onto the correct team to investigate and fix.

This was almost 4 weeks ago...and nothing has been done! (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    And since I got my new Delta character the game became an absolute pain to play. Permanent lag, frequent crashes and besides the new Delta char it's almost impossible to play with my other chars. I have stopped to count the server timeouts that occur once I try to log in one of them. (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    UPDATE: This appears to be fixed! Patch notes say so, and I've successfully completed the mission (with no workaround tricks). Thanks, devs! And thanks to the other players who posted useful information to make the problem easier to reproduce, isolate, and fix.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Well, I'm sorry, but I'm still stuck at the Voth's arrival.

I even tried dropping and redoing the episode, but no dice.

Someone. Anyone. HELP, PLEASE.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    UPDATE;

I went back in, reverted the order I restored the defense grid and, taking care of a stray unit of Vaads behind one of the pods, I finally initiated the final dialogue box on the map!

Sorry about the rant.