test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game is not playable

13»

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,183 Arc User
    Something be done about the lag or do we have to wait a year or longer like the last time? Please let me know in advance this time I might think about wasting my time in other games instead. I really don't know what suddenly happened again that game has become like this but I can tell you what. It's not fun to play Lag Trek Online. What the hell happened???
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    edited May 2022
    nixie50 wrote: »
    ok it's definitely on the broken side now. Discovered this tonight:

33hz6lrwzw5f.jpg

Had this occur on my account, too. I know that this is getting looked at.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited May 2022
    spielman1 wrote: »

33hz6lrwzw5f.jpg

What about all the other issues in this post like equipment put on ships never remembered and having to do it manually all the time or lag issue that people have stated or the fact certain weapons not working right or character switching and the crashing all of this was reported also are they being looked at along with this new issue.

I have no personal knowledge about the other issues. I do happen to know about this, because we (community team) were discussing it last night.

GrWzQke.png
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Cannot stay connected tonight. Constant SNR and then disconnected.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • polistheopolistheo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ok, so things are not getting better... got it... another week of no play then
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Weird, I played through three missions tonight without a single bobble. Why am I special?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    jonsills wrote: »
    Weird, I played through three missions tonight without a single bobble. Why am I special?
    Its possible due the time zone you play in is having a impact on you not seeing problems or possible you are experiencing some of the problems like lag, rubberbanding and not noticing.

As for the map bug dropout there is a pattern but its random if it hits you. By that I mean I ran a tour of mission yesterday in the same group. I never dropped out once. Every other map had 2 people drop out as the same time at the same map load point and it kept changing which two people but not me. In other tours on different days its been me and another player. While for argument sake player 4 didn't drop. It is 100% clearly a real bug. Same style of situation for the loadout and other bugs in this thread. They tend to happen on map move.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    I have been getting dumped on map transfer quite a bit, but not that much more than usual. On the other hand, getting into a TFO (and only TFOs, not patrols or missions) is getting problematic since about one in three times it fails with a string of "[Admin]Map Transfer Failed" messages in chat.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    You have to hold esc to skip cutscenes.

Some scenes can't be skipped, but many, and I would feel safe betting on "most", can be.
    You will see a circle appear on screen and the skip "charging" as you hold it down.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I've been having some new issues this last week. The UI in the 9 o'clock to 1 o'clock range have been disappearing randomly in combat. So the teammates and target icons are just gone. During one TFO, a dialog window refused to close or continue until the lady had finished talking. The sound has randomly been going out as well, which is annoying in DS9, since they call out key things in some parts. Interestingly enough, My stuff has stopped disappearing from the equipment and load-outs but today i logged in and it was set to an older setup. I don't use load-outs or have any saved. I legitimately re-equipped gear and skills i had switched out for better skills a week ago.

I GET that they're running a 12-year-old game with a small team, but since it IS The only thing keeping the company in business (Kael confirmed) you would think keeping it running smoothly would be a priority. I would, legitimately, be interested in knowing how many people were currently on the STO dev team, the CO team, and even NW's team. After the hard layoffs and such, with so many STO devs pulling multiple jobs or doing work on their own time, it would be interesting to know.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I have been getting dumped on map transfer quite a bit, but not that much more than usual. On the other hand, getting into a TFO (and only TFOs, not patrols or missions) is getting problematic since about one in three times it fails with a string of "[Admin]Map Transfer Failed" messages in chat.

I've had them too, but after waiting a minute or so, and trying again, it lets me in.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    stuff

As a side note, I'm having the issue where a single item is removed from my utility slots, and one of the ground abilities is being replaced. The weird thing is that it's ONLY happening on one character. It's always on log in and occasionally at map transfer. They're both items I swapped out not too long ago, so it's weird that it's just those two items and ONLY on that one character. I've never had THAT happen before and it's REALLY annoying.
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Currently its difficult to play. Cant play for five minutes without encountering a bug.

Sometimes just standing around triggers an error sound without any indication where it comes from which usually happens on drozana station at the bank.

Some of my toons lose the ground gear partially because of the bugged ground loadouts which is an invisible mechanic unlike the space loadouts which got fixed last week after it took the devs over a year to adress the bug that moved the device batteries back into the inventory. Moving stuff back to our ship and ground gear after every map change is so annoying.

On one toon I constantly have to do the space and ship traits anew because they are reset to zero when logging in. Because the loadout doesnt save them.

Resetting skills still resets traits which triggers the above trait bug because it totally makes no sense to reset traits when resetting skills because one requires tokens and the other does not.

On half the ground maps the avatar, target and group portraits disappear completely.

The s31 battlecruiser resets the ship loadout mid battle to a loadout that has only half the gear and stations set up. The swarm cant be used in battle for binary stars because they didnt figure out how to seperate the ability from the hologram or it interferes with RP. Cant tell which dumb reason it really is.

Some of my less played toons seem to reset boffs back to the default state before I bought skills for them.

Tailor interface recently started to lag when selecting options.

Ugh. These are just some of the many bugs I encounter within just half an hour of playing. And to top it all there is no communication from the devs about any of this. Instead the recently wasted time to nerf reputation rewards and create ships with seats that are exactly what no player calls reasonable. Single ensign seats on a lockbox ship with useless shield skills and consoles... Seriously?

And then there is this "upgrade" of the forum.

Its like the company made the policy to run the game over a cliff in the most obvious way possible.
    valoreah wrote: »

33hz6lrwzw5f.jpg

This is not appropriate to post here. It belongs in the bugs sub forum.

Ok, now you're just being a pain.

GrWzQke.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    well, FWIW, my gameplay and other issues have resolved themselves
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    valoreah wrote: »
    Ok, now you're just being a pain.

Just sharing the proverbial love. :wink: My hope is that it gets passed along to the appropriate people as I know you have no control over the game code. The absolutely game breaking bugs of late, many including some very longstanding issues, are causing a lot of grief for their customers.

For clarification, I was only passing along info that I was aware of that particular issue being looked at. It was an attempt to reassure others that something was actively being done about it.

Someone tried to insinuate in another thread by quoting me here, that only issues that effect me or the others in the community team receive any kind of priority, which isn't true in the slightest. If it were true, believe me, I have a laundry list of things I'd love to see get pushed to the top.

GrWzQke.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Day one of the new event on PC, and it's definitely rubber-bandy...IN SPAAAACE!

Thankfully the rubber banding mostly stopped after the first round of activating the satellites.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Well it's no longer just a lottery whether the game will timeout and disconnect on a map transfer but a new feature has been added after Tuesdays patch where the game can also crash to desktop.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    @baddmoonrizin

Looks like a spammer snuck in. Zombie spam no less... :lol:
    User account banned for ad spamming, content removed. Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.