test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

display issue of Avatar and ground Team or Bridge Officers not showing

gaseousanomalygaseousanomaly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just today when playing my Klingon Character, I noticed that on change of maps when on ground, the list on the upper left with my Avatar and shields/health disappears along with my Team on the Forged in Fire TFO or Bridge Officers when playing an episode.
Anyone else have this happen?
Sometimes I see an error window show but it disappeared so quickly I don't know the error message.
This is frustrating because I have no idea of my health and die quickly since I only know when I am so low on health I am about to die.

PC Specs: Dell XPS 8940 with RTX 3060 Ti
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Yeah, I had a similar problem with my main Fed character last night during Operation Wolf after I died and had to respawn. I could target but could not see the health bar of Mirror Admiral Quinn's shuttle. So I had no clue except some visual cues if the shuttle was about to explode or not. I did not see if my character's health bar was visible or not. I did see my team's health bar so this must be a multi-faceted bug.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • gaseousanomalygaseousanomaly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have found a workaround until this is fixed with a patch, pressing Escape key twice causes the health/shields status bars to reappear for myself and Team, had them disappear twice on the TFO Forged in Fire and was able to have them reappear with this procedure.
    Thanks for the workaround. I used it last night during Operation Wolf. When I died during Crystalline Catastrophe for the uni endeavor I could target but I could not see the health bar of the Crystalline Entity or the fragments until I pressed Escape twice. This bug affects both ground and space.
    Yesterday night and the night before during Iuppiter Iratus I died and had to use the workaround because my team member's avatars and the health information was not displaying for the Terrans I was targeting.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I've been getting this a LOT lately, where they just randomly disappear in combat. It's not just the team windows but the targeting info, as well. Basically, everything from 9 o'clock to 1 just vanishes and the only thing that brings it back is spamming the escape key.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Even spamming ESC does not work sometimes.
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    ESC -> Rearrange UI -> click on avatar -> ESC and it works again until map change. Every time. Annoying but reliable.