test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beam Array firing blue bolts

ariccavariccav Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Going for a "blue" theme for my ship and saw a Beam Array firing blue bolts (Not cannons) I tried finding it and was wondering what the name of the beam array that fires the blue bolts (I think the Kelvin timeline fires red bolts).

Just curious if anyone knows the name, thanks
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    Discovery phasers, I think.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    yeah those would be Linked Phaser arrays
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Herald Antiproton has a dark blue beam as well
    1li4wn30w1xg.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    There are two types of Discovery Phasers
    Ones from Lockboxs (infinity or Discovery) which can be somewhat be easily found on the Exchange are Emitter-Linked, Integrity-Linked, or the very expensive Sensor-Linked Phaser in Beam Array or Dual Beam Bank.
    Ones that drop in missions or available from the Discovery tutorial zone. These show up by icon only on the Exchange, you can search through the weapons category for Phaser Beam Array Mk XII for the blue icon ones (usually Rare quality isn't too hard to find) or see if anybody has brought some to the future with some Phaser Beam Array Mk I with common rarity (very good chance to increase rarity when Upgrading to end game ready). There used to be a way to pass items to the past via a freighter south of the Discovery ESD, but that might be closed off now, so you'd have to get the items by finding enough to drops to sell to buy them and then level outside the tutorial/past zone into the main STO era.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    What type of beam arrays are the ones that can be acquired via drops in the TFO Defense of Starbase One ?
  • Options
    ariccavariccav Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Found out is the emitter array, thanks all
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    What type of beam arrays are the ones that can be acquired via drops in the TFO Defense of Starbase One ?

I believe those are simply labeled "Phaser Beam Array", but they use the Disco phaser visuals and sound.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

I believe those are simply labeled "Phaser Beam Array", but they use the Disco phaser visuals and sound.

Yeah they're Phaser Beam Arrays (or Disruptor Beam Arrays) and are 100% identical to base beam arrays apart from the animation and sound.

You can also get those from DSC missions as drops and IIRC you might also get DSC Photon torps that way.
This discussion has been closed.