test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Gear STILL Unequips Itself

Well after the last patch, space equipment is still coming off during every switch between Ground and Space. Can't even leave ESD now because every time I go to Space it all comes off. If I have proper things on, go to Ground, then back to Space, everything comes off. This is ridiculous. How was the problem made worse after three maintenances? It's worse than it's ever been now. The game is borderline unplayable.

Dumplin@pyrosaphuron

Comments

• cyan027cyan027 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    You can try this:

1. go to space
    2. adjust your items/gears/traits (they also be unloadad)
    3. change character or logout, I'd recommend logout
    4. The problem should be solved.

You should be able to join TFOs and travel between space/ground now, but your items will still be unloaded in you go into story missions.

Well after the last patch, space equipment is still coming off during every switch between Ground and Space. Can't even leave ESD now because every time I go to Space it all comes off. If I have proper things on, go to Ground, then back to Space, everything comes off. This is ridiculous. How was the problem made worse after three maintenances? It's worse than it's ever been now. The game is borderline unplayable.

Dumplin@pyrosaphuron

• pyrosaphuron#7099 pyrosaphuron Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Can confirm it still happens, since I am levelling up a 2409 Delta recruit via missions this is highly annoying. Since it's a T6 ship that has been used since just after the tutorial it seems to try to reload some of the items from that time - including weapons and consolse that no longer exist - any slots occupied after any of the progressive upgrades at each rank increase seem to stay put.
  • cyan027cyan027 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm leveling my Delta so that bothers me very much too. But it seems Cryptic lose critical programmer(s) who responsible for this part of programming (maybe due to covid19? duuno, it kills so many people) so they are trying to catch back this part of program very hard.

• halfmoon10halfmoon10 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Yes it has got very annoying indeed and got worse ! now unequipping gear and replacing it with lower MK gear that I have saved in my account by itself every minute. Also unequipping space traits all the time. Too hard to play ATM kills the game !
    edited May 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    halfmoon10 wrote: »
    Yes it has got very annoying indeed and got worse ! now unequipping gear and replacing it with lower MK gear that I have saved in my account by itself every minute. Also unequipping space traits all the time. Too hard to play ATM kills the game !

Not just space traits. All the traits. Several times a day. Bloody annoying. I'm also currently playing a Mirror-Lexington on my Delta recruit and non of my Miracle Worker Boffs can be trained be trained Lt. Commander and Commander Mircale Workers skills. Also, the Commander station says the Lt Commander and Commander skills for that ship are not the right specialization? What it's a Miracle Worker station for God's sake. And the bloody lag and rubber banding is atrocious since the new "expansion" was released. I've been playing since closed Beta and this game has always had a lot of bugs but it's worse than it's ever been before now. There are days when the game is just not playable.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    edited May 2022
    (Flaming, trolling, spamming comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • grayven2kgrayven2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a related issue, but I've been having a huge problem with none of active ships actually loading up their gear when I activate them. I need to replace ever single item manually.
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I also still have a similar problem since the Stormfall content patch: If I temporarily equip space gear (such as the Gamma Rep Warpcore for faster sector space travel) that is not saved in my combat loadouts, all of these get unequipped and replaced with their respective same-slot loadout items that were sitting in my inventory when switching to a ground map. Also, these unequipped items will sit in the first few free slots of my inventory instead of replacing the loudout ones farther down in the inventory that have now been equipped, as was the case before Stormfall.
    This issue has not been fixed. All gear still comes unequipped when switching maps. The game is unplayable. Workarounds either don't work or take over an hour to get working, which is the same as not working at all. When can players expect the game to be playable again?
  • syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Definitely not fixed. I temporarily change some weapons to get the damage type needed for endeavors. Change on ground (ESD), auto-changes back. Change in mission, at a map change IN THE MISSION, it changes back. My daughter's account keeps changing "back" to ship weapons she sold or scrapped. It's un-selling them and re-equipping them.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    The bug is spreading, it's now effecting ground gear. While it's possible to work around the space gear unequipping with a loadout save, there are no ground loadouts so it keeps happening.
  • torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    For the love of the Gods, please disable or remove loadouts, or let -us- disable them, until they can be restored properly and reliably. My ships are now -creating- loadouts without me telling them to, and then proceed to TRIBBLE UP those loadouts in truly dizzying fashion. Every 'fix' only seems to make the problem worse, and I'm getting extremely fed up with trying to play -around- these play-stopping bugs.

For a game feature you'd like us to pay real money to expand (10 loadout slots for 500 Zen, remember?), I'd expect it to, you know, actually -work-? I'd gladly expand my favorite ships to use multiple loadouts, IF they actually did what they were supposed to do, instead of doing absolutely nothing I want them to, and everything I don't ask them to do.

If the system needs to be removed and re-written, then remove it and re-write it. Stop trying to pull some kind of kit-bash coding, it's -not- working, it's making it -worse-.

Seriously, stop worrying about lockbox fodder and C-Store toys, and spend some time and money on actual focused bug-bashing. Because all the lockboxes and store goodies won't mean squat if we can't play the game enjoyably.

I love this game. I've supported it for 12 years, plus Beta. I'd like to -keep- supporting it. But I'd also like to -play- it without hitting some new or recurring show-stopper after every other load screen.
  • dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Can confirm it still happens, since I am levelling up a 2409 Delta recruit via missions this is highly annoying. Since it's a T6 ship that has been used since just after the tutorial it seems to try to reload some of the items from that time - including weapons and consolse that no longer exist - any slots occupied after any of the progressive upgrades at each rank increase seem to stay put.

Same here. I created a new Delta Recruit 2409 Fed captain. Made him an Elite, got the Level 65 pack and every time I switch between any ground to space or vice versa I end up with my stuff coming off into my inventory or items that were moved to other ships magically reappear on my current ship that it was taken off of. Definitely takes away from the fun when I have to keep moving my stuff back to the character and ship (yes, it's doing it to my captain's ground shield and both weapon items as well.) Plus, there are still "shadow icons" appearing on some ships when items are removed but it says that the items are "equipped on another ship" even if they are in main inventory or the bank. I was also having gear de-equipping when I was opening up item crates from the Level 65 pack as well as all of the Temporal, Delta, Gamma and Klingon recruit rewards. Open a box, my ground weapons and shield are in my inventory. Put 'em back on, they come back off a couple boxes later and I haven't moved an inch on the map. Very strange...

STO Devs - I get that working on this game isn't easy. The game is 12 years old and I'm sure some of the code is still 10+ years old and it is difficult to track down every little thread that comes unraveled with a new patch or update. Bring something new in, it causes an issue with something else that wasn't noticed. It happens. I really love STO, but lately with all of the bugs and issues it is hard to enjoy. I'm not giving up on it and I really hope that whatever coding menace the Terran tribbles unleashed with the Stormfall release is found and corrected. LLAP
  • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Another confirmation here. I only have one load out and it seems to be ok now that I have created the load out but the ground equip is still popping off. will no more tomorrow.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I thought everything was fixed and I started the mission chain with Daniels and wow, that didn't go well. Now all of my space traits unequip after each map transfer and several of the slots are prefilled with traits I don't even have. They have a Romulan symbol, it's a new Delta Romulan alt, and I can't remove them. Traits like -100% polaron damage, or -100% fire damage etc. I've logged in and out but nope, still there.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    ...several of the slots are prefilled with traits I don't even have ... and I can't remove them.
    Have you tried dragging traits from the list onto the affected slots?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Please fix this. For the love of all things holy.
    Just decided to delete the new delta character and salvage what gear I could and count my losses after levelling to 30. THAT DOG WONT HUNT !
  • jamarveljamarvel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can confirm is still an issue Futile to make a new character to play at this point and time.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I can't justify putting money into things like ships at this point. With the current state of loadouts (ie ships being stripped of all their gear!) I can't keep things sorted on the ships I have in circulation now, why on earth would I consider adding more to the mix? Heck, I still have a "Free T6 Ship Token" floating around in my bank, and I don't want to use it just because it'll be one more thing to deal with.

I can't be the only one who is feels this way. I hope Cryptic gets this fixed, if only so players won't be discouraged from buying stuff to support the game.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Equipped various ships even saved loudouts (which i begrudge as i never used them before) When i return to ship be it outside ESD or Vulcan Sector space, even saving it is starting to pull Random gear from my inventory which hasn't been used in ages. This problem is getting far worse. I recently spent some hard earned money on this game. You may not feel its hard earned but it was for me and i don't have plan to spend anymore until the game becomes more playable. It is really is in a poor state. I'm not enjoying logging on anymore.
  • triniton82#4253 triniton82 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    To me this is happening on ground equipment, only on one federation science captain. I tried to add large hypo and it kept dropping. Tried al sorts of things and finally it sticked but then borg modulator started dropping. Again tried everything and anything and now also one kit module and one weapon keeps switching to others even all the way from bank. Getting very frustating.
  • tezeretztezeretz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @"pyrosaphuron#7099" said:
    > This issue has not been fixed. All gear still comes unequipped when switching maps. The game is unplayable. Workarounds either don't work or take over an hour to get working, which is the same as not working at all. When can players expect the game to be playable again?

THIS!
    Im a returning player...played for the first 6 months on release, and haven't played since. I swear there is more game breaking bugs now, than back then.
    I cant change zones without my gear unequiping. And having to save every ship gear changes is stupid....just let us toggle off loadouts.
    But my captain losing his gear any time he transitions to a ship or station or FTO...is dumb. What worries me more, is that im seeing post about this going back years. still hasn't been fixed.

I bet if the cash shop at a bug that made it unusable, it would be hot fixed same day....
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I don’t think it has “been going back for years.” It certainly was happening before— but it was more random, sporadic, and would often only involve one or two items (or more commonly the captain skills and starship traits.

What is happening recently seems more pervasive, consistent, and involves more items. I hope they figure it out. But if it is anything like the skill point resets that were happening a few years ago—it may take a few more weeks, before they figure it out or player outrage gets so great that they are forced to spend more time and money to figure it out.

One of the unfortunate realities is that STO’s coding staff is very small. So when the old code breaks with major system updates—there is normally a few week scramble to fix all the bugs that pop up.