test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue Reporting Format

chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Are you reporting a Bug, Issue, or Glitch?
Thank you for that. Though before posting please follow the guidelines below.

If the issue is unique and not already reported on the forums you are almost ready to post. However if there are already reports of the same issue please post in those threads.

When posting please include the following information:
  • Charactername@handle
  • Last map you were in (if applicable)
  • Map you were going to (if applicable)
  • What the issue is
  • What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue (if applicable)

After including all that information you are now ready to post.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Is there a way to sticky this post and make it an announcement so it is on the top of the PC Gameplay Bug Reports forum?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Aye, making this a sticky is essential, but there's more details that could be added to the post.
    "What the issue is" can be made as short as 5 or 6 words, or as verbose as 5 or 6 paragraphs. The caveat here should be that the report should sedulously eschew hyperverbosity or prolixity. In other words, it should be clear and concise! It should have as much detail as needed to describe the issue and how to replicate it where necessary, but not be too long as to become confusing - much like this paragraph might have become...
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Nah, where there is a Will, there is a Deanna.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    This thread is just for the format, not for actual bugs.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    /stickied
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • cpuexpress12cpuexpress12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    having an issue where if I go into a ship and try and change a weapon or console or a shield/warpcore/impulse/deflector. it doesnt hold. Please fix this

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6c9wk3upxk9hxxn6kxieu/h?dl=0&rlkey=pivwxfzzppbrzbufnjamzgqyx
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    > @cpuexpress12 said:
    > having an issue where if I go into a ship and try and change a weapon or console or a shield/warpcore/impulse/deflector. it doesnt hold. Please fix this
    >
    > https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6c9wk3upxk9hxxn6kxieu/h?dl=0&rlkey=pivwxfzzppbrzbufnjamzgqyx

As chrian said this stickied thread is about the format for bug reports. It is not for posting a bug. Please create or post in another thread that deals with your problem. Thanks.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Closing this so folks don't continue to try and post bugs here. Just use this format, folks, in your own threads. /thread

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.