test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange (Familiar) New Worlds Review

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Ten Forward
"Strange New Worlds" is ironically named. There is nothing strange about this new show and I love it. Every episode gets better and better. "Strange New Worlds" is exposing why Discovery and Picard are turn offs to many Star Trek fans. In some regard The Lower Decks and Prodigy already have done so but SNW is really firing on all warp injectors, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, if you like doom and gloom every week then that's on you but Star Trek was by definition the symbol of a brighter future, of hope. Sure you had "DS9" and "Enterprise" when things got a little touch and go but in the end, Starfleet DOES NOT CHANGE, that's what makes them such compelling good guys and why aliens like Quark get so nauseated with them. The universe may go to hell but they don't fall into it. As Admiral James T. Kirk said after The Wrath of Kahn "I feel young" when I watch Strange New Worlds, I feel like a kid again. To summarize - Paramount/Viacom tried to create a "Quantum Slipstream Drive" with Picard and Discovery when all they really needed was a good ol' fashioned warp core. That's what SNW is, a good ol fashioned warp drive and its been quite the ride so far. The crew is actually fun to watch in action and they actually work quite well as a team, we haven't seen that since Trek's animated shows which is honestly tragic. What Star Trek has been through these years is what Star Wars has experienced already. They messed up their "formula" with the Sequel Trilogy and it feel flat on its face, when the Mandolorian aired, it brought back classic Star Wars fun and the franchise got its footing back. Star Trek is experiencing the same come back with Strange New Worlds and as the DS9 crew said when Sisko was promoted to Captain "Its about time"

KEEP IT UP PARAMOUNT!!!! You have something amazing please do not mess with the warp field or matter/antimatter mix on this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"