test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revelations (Delta Quadrant arc): Cannot progress mission

lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
At the end of the final fight, the cut scene showing the arrival of the Voth plays correctly, but after cleaning up remaining Vaadwaur enemies, the mission cannot progress further. It is not possible to converse with Bellas and the conclusion (Tuvok's arrival and Seven's conversation with him) cannot be triggered.

I reproduced this twice (so, three times including the initial occurrence), once by exiting the mission and resuming it (replaying the entire Defense Grid Repairs segment) and once by dropping the mission altogether and repeating it in its entirety.

I also noticed that only a single Vaadwaur drop pod spawned (rather than the usual... four? is it supposed to be four?). This may or may not be related.

The character used was a level 65 Vulcan TOS Science officer and is not a special "recruit" of any kind.
Tagged:

Comments

• jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same issue with this mission, and have tried similar things to the OP to try and get around the bug, but with no success. I have filed an in-game bug report as well.
  • kalenathkalenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Can confirm as of yesterday, 5/12.

Get to the end, Voth deploy, all Vaudwaar slain. Only 2 pods drop and all Vaudwaur come from those. Enemy AI is acting oddly. No mission update. Unable to continue.

Had to skip that mission. Bug report filed in game.
  • dameron92dameron92 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Same here, and after maintenance no fix yet.
  • malfeous8malfeous8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    the problem is even if you skip you wont complete the delta quadrant for delta characters. i am noticing they made the drop pods targetable so the npc's are shooting them down before they land.

i have dropped the mission
    restarted several times.
    i put my boffs on passive but the turie npcs shoot the pods.
  • notlawrencenotlawrence Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by notlawrence on
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Well done cryptic,
    you were warned about this happening on the Tribble server 2 weeks ago, but rather than investigate you pushed the build through to holodeck along with all the other mess that has made this the week from hell for star trek online....
    just goes to show they truly dont heed our warnings..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13717452
  • stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Another confirmation here. Cannot progress the mission because it just breaks right after the Voth arrive during the tower defense portion. It's getting embarrassing. Please listen to your Tribble testers when they report these things. Delta Recruits are running into this right now in significant numbers.
  • pepamipapepamipa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same problem here.
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    lokharno wrote: »
    At the end of the final fight, the cut scene showing the arrival of the Voth plays correctly, but after cleaning up remaining Vaadwaur enemies, the mission cannot progress further. It is not possible to converse with Bellas and the conclusion (Tuvok's arrival and Seven's conversation with him) cannot be triggered.

I reproduced this twice (so, three times including the initial occurrence), once by exiting the mission and resuming it (replaying the entire Defense Grid Repairs segment) and once by dropping the mission altogether and repeating it in its entirety.

I also noticed that only a single Vaadwaur drop pod spawned (rather than the usual... four? is it supposed to be four?). This may or may not be related.

The character used was a level 65 Vulcan TOS Science officer and is not a special "recruit" of any kind.

Just ran into exactly the same problem, dropped and repeated the mission with the same results, also noted the apperance of only one drop pod each time. Chracter level 65 KDF Tactical Captain.
  • fftsukifftsuki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Accidentily killed some of the drop pods and had progress blocked.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks to the previous thread and this thread I was able to reproduce the issue internally and file a bug onto the correct team to investigate and fix.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Thanks to the previous thread and this thread I was able to reproduce the issue internally and file a bug onto the correct team to investigate and fix.

Thankyou Chrian,
    As the only dev to actually pop into these forums and give us some hope, you have my gratitude.. ;)
  • amongenesisamongenesis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    malfeous8 wrote: »
    the problem is even if you skip you wont complete the delta quadrant for delta characters. i am noticing they made the drop pods targetable so the npc's are shooting them down before they land.

i have dropped the mission
    restarted several times.
    i put my boffs on passive but the turie npcs shoot the pods.

Same problem, if anyone finds a fix or they solve it please post, i can't finish my delta recruit - delta story till this is done
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User

Thanks! Glad to know investigation is in progress.
  • dash#9119 dash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Possible Workaround - turn difficultly up to advanced.. I did this after failing a few times on normal because of the bug.. passed 1st time on advanced.. think it gives everything more hp, so all the pods make it to the ground and the mission can continue.

hope that helps someone.. o7
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    I have the same issue. On a new Delta Recruit. It just stops at the end of Tower Defense. Tuvok never shows up etc. I've reset it 3x now no changes.

Reunion also had 2 similar bugs. Both where Neelix and Tuvok got stuck on the boxes in the corridor right near the start of the ground map. They never advance to the point where the base gets attacked and you have to run to save Dexa.
  • malfeous8malfeous8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i tried to adjust difficulty and still had same results. the turei npc's still shoot down at least one pod and i cant get the end sequence. they really needed to put a timer on the end and just push it thru.
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Anyone succeeded lately? I haven't seen anything in patch notes, but don't want to waste my time if the bug is still present...
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It was still there today
  • bsmith1#5169 bsmith1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I turned the difficulty up to advance and managed to complete the mission, but as a bonus bug. Even after that I still could'nt claim my Delta award. All missions complete but nadda :(
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I turned it up to Elite and still had two of the pods shot down! Giving up til patched I reckon.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    I turned the difficulty up to advance and managed to complete the mission, but as a bonus bug. Even after that I still could'nt claim my Delta award. All missions complete but nadda :(
    Janeway/Galera/Mena all send you to Kabali Prime to meet with Harry Kim and General Q'nel, to offer what support you can in the Kobali/Vaadwaur war.
    Have you helped them reach an accord with the Vaadwaur yet?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • tenementtenement Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    still having the same issue after 5/25/22 tues maintenance. Even tried changing the difficulty as someone stated here but advanced and elite it still stuck and won't finish.
  • hodge77hodge77 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Still having same problem, after several days trying, must have tried a dozen times. Is anyone out there...
  • zach9044zach9044 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I still have this issue tried re-logging, dropping the mission, and turning up the difficulty to Elite.

I'm not trying sound ungrateful or anything I'm just a little frustrated with this mission is all.

Update: I finally completed on Elite but had to let myself die and turned off my crews healing until it says "defeat the final wave"

However now I am having the same issue as inferiority with the completion not counting for the Delta Quadrant arc and yes I have completed the rest of the missions I left this one alone until I could figure out how to get through it.
    Post edited by zach9044 on
  • greymikhailgreymikhail Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    And the cart is still there (А воз и ныне там.) Bug is old, nothing is changing for the better.
  • demonseed75demonseed75 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    i found a way around this bug, in each corner of the map there is a console you need to use, after doing what is needed at said corner console, leave 1 of your teamates at it and move onto the next corner, rinse and repeat until only your captain is left and then proceed to the middle where the pods drop, they should all now drop like normal and you can proceed and claim recruit reward after you finish the mission.

There are 5 of us who play this game in my household and they all had this exact bug, after doing what i suggested and leaving 1 teamate at each corner console, they progressed as normal and all 5 pods dropped and they could claim the reward for recruit.
  • zach9044zach9044 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I did finally get it but as I said before I am running into an issue where the Delta Recruit device is still showing that I have not completed all of the Delta Quadrant missions. I think maybe my character glitched out somehow when I was swapping difficulty for the mission. Maybe because I skipped the mission and waited till I finished everything else including the Iconian war.

I am Just gonna start a new KDF character and try again. Thanks for the help I will remember that for next time I do the mission.
  • Here is another workaround (finally got it on first attempt with delta rom after testing with kdf and fed chars):
    • unslot all combat pets from your boff before starting ground part
    • after restoring the shield grid and before accepting Bella's call set all Boffs to passive and auto fire of your gun to off
    • accept call and then run to Bella's position as quickly as possible (frosted boots, motion accelerator help)
    • immediatelly! talk to Bella's when you reach him and stay passive until all the 4 pods dropped and Vaadwaur spawned out them
    • after that reset boffs to active, give them combat pets and wipe out all Vaadvaur

But ultimately yes: the pods should be immune/untargetable in this mission. Its a shame it still didn't get fixed after several patches released.
    Might have been easier than wasting time of the trait unslotting bugs which are still not fixed after several patches (still occur through the cardie, borg, new rom and dyson arc!).