test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to make my launcher "forget" my login & password

smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
I've just upgraded my machine and am planning on giving my old one (which can still do STO just fine) to an old friend in the hopes that he will try out the game.

Since the install download takes a long time I'd prefer to leave STO installed, but I don't want him to log in to my account. So how do I get the launcher to "forget" my password and login?

Comments

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Its kind of easy, although if you blank it and close, upon re-opening it will still show the last login name.
    So just simply do this, where it says account name, just type 0100101, then for password write something simple like bob and go to log in, it will then tell you that account is wrong, and all you do is close the launcher and reopen, it will just show 0100101.
    That way the next person you are giving comp to can put their own proper name and password in and login and the 0100101 will never come up again..
    That way your real login name will never be known to the next user..
    Hope that helps..
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    clear cookies and it should be fine. Also check your browser for save login/passwords
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.