test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug fixes and QoL instead of new content.

There was a suggestion within a thread on the general discussion about prioritizing bugs fixes and QoL over new content for maybe like 6 months.

If you think about it there's plenty of content for new players. We older players don't play the old content unless it's been remastered or leveling a new toon. We spend most of our time doing TFO, patrols, or what other daily routines we set ourselves for. When you release new episodes I generally only do it once and I don't come back to it unless there is a reward that I want on my other toons.

I don't believe that the player base would have an issue with no new content for a while knowing that you are fixing bugs and doing little tweaks to the game.

This game was my first MMO and when it first came out members of my fleet were telling me don't worry about all the bugs this is normal for a new MMO. You're basically were a working beta back then. So I believe that the fleets will again tell their members that you're fixing stuff and you need to take the time out to do it.

I remember taking a break for like an a year and a half from this game and when I came back I was wowed over the improvements that were made while I was away. When returning players come back I tell them to be prepared to be mystified.

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Well, I think the developers feel they need quarterly updates to entice potential new players. Old player retention tends to be pretty good for a 12-year old game. I don’t think they care much what old players think.

I would like some long-standing bugs to be fixed. But I think the team is pretty good about fixing most of the really game-breaking problems. Would I be happier if the volcano missions on New Romulus and the bug where NPCs get stuck in “Measure of Morality” sure. But would I rather have a new mission or replay those mediocre missions…At least a new mission has some novelty.

Let me ask you this white knight, What bugs would you rather see fixed than getting a new mission? “All of them,” is a bad answer because they will never have time to fix everything.
  • Options
    whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    For me it's not really about bugs but quality of life changes..

loadout system: adding the specialization skills to it and separating the skills from ground and space. Adding a loadouts for ground. Maybe a bindkey to switch loadout.

Random Elite TFO: only available to player that have Elite difficulty setting enabled.

Bindkey for healing/repair.

Maybe creating another difficulty level since right now I find Elite difficulty too easy. The super Elite or something.

Random queue system: have those rewards for doing random cues to be based on performance and not just randomly handed out. I haven't seen an elite reward in a very long time. I've only gotten three since the system was introduced. You know how it is you spend all that time develop a build and you get way too many uncommons when you know you're performing better than the other players.

Battle zone rewards: I hate it when I kill all kinds of ships and I do all the objectives like separating the satellites and only getting Tier 2.

In-game parser would be nice.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I can get behind those suggestions. Especially the parser.