test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Maintenance 5/18/22

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, May 18, at 5am PT.

Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours for Console and 5.5 hours for PC.

There are no patch notes.

GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    i know you say maintenance, but can you elude to what you will be working on maint wise?
    I'd imagine 'server maintenance' involves some rebooting, perhaps some defragging... Y'know, maintenance-type stuff.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    i know you say maintenance, but can you elude to what you will be working on maint wise? will this address the banding, crashes, and peak tune game performance? (no im not talking bugs)

also - are you taking a new role of PIO for the forums?

I'm told that it's on hardware on the server end.

GrWzQke.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    i know you say maintenance, but can you elude to what you will be working on maint wise? will this address the banding, crashes, and peak tune game performance? (no im not talking bugs)

also - are you taking a new role of PIO for the forums?

I don't know what PIO is, but it would be nice if BMR's CM was changed from Community Moderator to Community Manager. Keep up the awesome work, @baddmoonrizin!
  • hanswinter9314#2685 hanswinter9314 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, May 18, at 5am PT.

Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours for Console and 5.5 hours for PC.

There are no patch notes.

Thanks for the information! I hope the lags and rubberbanding issues will be fixed.
    AlexRider.png
  • pritch#1622 pritch Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    right...but is this going to improve banding, lag, DCs, etc? extended usually means something than the usual regular maint. thats why i asked.

As they were able to virtually eliminate rubberbanding, from my experience at least, by doing a similar maintenance several months ago, I think (I sincerely hope) that it should be likewise this time. IIRC, it was a either a bad hardware or bad config that was rooted out last time, so hopefully the problem is similar and identified and can be fixed in the same way. I've noticed this time my banding has been even worse in solo instances like playing the new episodes.

Fingers crossed!
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Well something they need to look at, that must be causing stutter and lag, is mini battle instance like mini red space battle zones, spawning in all available ships and then de spawning at every phase, irrelevant of how many players are in the instance . Same with the mini battle missions from the NPC on Nimbus if you got to fight the "Desert Beasts" all the beacons generate Aellah worms at non human populated beacons, before you activate the beacon , then when you battle, only arthropods come no aeelah worms, there's come serious code been corrupted to affect battle zones everywhere to generate in all possible enemies at one time and then despawn them , this has to be the sources of some of the current stutter and lag. Then there's all the other stuff affecting toons ...
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    👍
  • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2022

Well hopefully this fixes the loadout issues I've been having and maybe reduce some of the rubber banding.

Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
    I'm sorry, I meant the Enterprise should be hauled away, AS garbage...

Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
    edited May 2022
    There are no bug fixes with this maintenance, folks, because there are NO PATCH NOTES. This is all hardware maintenance on the server side. Just FYI to keep people's expectations in line.

GrWzQke.png
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    There are no bug fixes with this maintenance, folks, because there are NO PATCH NOTES. This is all hardware maintenance on the server side. Just FYI to keep people's expectations in line.

If this Hardware Maintenance at least solves the horrible Rubberbanding and Lags, than iam allready happy...one can hope at least.

again, we understand this. but is this connected to correcting lag, banding, DCs, etc? i have not mentioned bug fixes at all.
    odd that yall cant say if this will or will not.
    we all get what maintenance is, but extended usually meant something else back in the day.

You understand this, chive. Some here have stated they're hoping this fixes this bug or that bug. I was clarifying for them. :)

As for your question about fixing the lag, etc., to that I cannot say with any certainty, as I was not given any details beyond server hardware maintenance. We may assume, but we can certainly hope so. I'm sorry, I wish I was able to get more details for y'all before Kael's move.

GrWzQke.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User

again, we understand this. but is this connected to correcting lag, banding, DCs, etc? i have not mentioned bug fixes at all.
    odd that yall cant say if this will or will not.
    we all get what maintenance is, but extended usually meant something else back in the day.

That probably depends on whether the hardware/equipment affected is being upgraded to something with higher performance (IE - better CPU, more memory, faster storage read/write response; or just being 'maintained' (IE - reformatted/defragged, or old components swapped out for 'new' components of the exact same specs, etc.)

Since there is no underlying code affected; unless they're replacing something that was not performing to a rated spec; or upgrading to something of higher/better specs, I doubt overall performance will be changed.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • hanswinter9314#2685 hanswinter9314 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    As for your question about fixing the lag, etc., to that I cannot say with any certainty, as I was not given any details beyond server hardware maintenance. We may assume, but we can certainly hope so. I'm sorry, I wish I was able to get more details for y'all before Kael's move.

Unfortunately it is still laggy and rubberbandy albeit I have the feeling it has got at least a little bit better.
    Nevertheless, some nasty Tribbles within the system are still messing up, it seems! ;)
    AlexRider.png
  • argosovocz#1070 argosovocz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Good day, I want to ask if lagging or delay while playing the game will be resolved in the near future?
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    after this maintenance :
    I'm still geting rubberbanding, SNR every few mn and geting DC +3 times each 30mn....
    I have a 1GB symetric fiber with a pro ISP for which I have no troubles on other games or DL or anything else so it's clear it's from your server end.
    It's been like that since last week patch.
    This is unacceptable as now game is totaly unplayble!
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    If there was an improvement to network performance, it wasn't of an amount significant enough to be readily apparent. The rubber banding and like, however, is still readily apparent and plentiful. For me, at least.

Same here, today was exceptionally bad.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
This discussion has been closed.