test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best ship that has a console not part of a set? or Experimental/Second Deflector

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Call me a bit of a crazy person, lol, but their are 3 things in these ship builds i find terribly annoying, 1 being the Defiant set, will there be a package that will give is all 3 set pieces with one price in the shop? I have yet to make a full phaser build with canons because the quad cannons are behind the Dilithium ship.

Anyhow in regards to the ship sets, is the secondary deflector dish, and experimental weapons slots. i tend to fly ships to my class but only flying the science ships for a science character or engineer for a Cruiser class etc. gets my ocd revved up pretty fast lol.

So with this all being said what is your go to generic ship that is suitable for all classes? so far for me the one i love the most is the Fel'Ker Mudds market ship. No wing ding extra slots, a console not part of another set, the only drawback is I am not in a faction that i belong to ship. Can anyone point out a ship for each faction that 1. dose not have a secondary deflector or experimental weapon, 2. the console is not part of another ship set. and 3. any class can fly it regardless science, engy or Tac. i would be extremely interested in know what ships are like this. Thanks!!!!!

EDIT: figured it out, T5/T5U ships and to level up characters, the Starter Discovery pack ship, whew, for a minute there thought I Was Stuck.
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,331 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    ----

As for secondary deflectors and experimental weapon slots, as far as I am aware, there are no secondary deflectors or experimental weapons that are part of a set. Generally speaking, ships from special events or lockboxes that have an experimental weapon slot, will have a unique experimental weapon, but that doesn't mean it is part of a set.

(Most of my characters use the Voice of the Prophets, from the Bajoran Interceptor, as a go-to exp weapon. My newest toon is trying out the one off the Risian Corvette instead.)

----

The Solanae Secondary Deflector is part of the Solanae Advanced Technologies set.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    If you want the quad-cannon phasers, the Mirror defiant raider has an agony variant of it, comes at fleet-level, and has a console that some consider pretty good (when it's working properly).

oh cool, and yes regarding Legendary ships or Legacy I was looking over the T6 Walker ship i have comes with the two consoles 1 the boosted starter ship and its main console which is cool because neither are set pieces. also in reference to secondary deflector array and the exp weapon, i just don't like them, all I am trying to build is a ship with independent consoles and goes pew pew. But in regards to the Legendary walker it does give me a few ideas, currently explosions are bugged on my computer, i get these giant square dark blocks that cover my screen. and i am having a lot of rubber banding issues even though we upgraded our internet speeds. anyhow I am thinking of playing on my Xbox, with all the ship Verity's currently offered, and my budget. I am debating the 12th anniversary bundle or the 11th, or possibly both. I really like the mirror ships, and the KDF ships and Excelsior ship in the 11th anniversary has me interested as well.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Titan's opening salvo is nice. Constellation's picard maneuver, Crossfield's lorca maneuver, and I like the T'Liss super torpedo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Hmmm? I’m trying to picture Zen store ships with good fully stand alone consoles? The Appalachia I think has a decent clicky one. Sort of a quad Torp thing. I always liked the opening Salvo console off the Titan. If you’re not restricted to Zen store, the Immolating Fire Lance off the Deimos destroyer is to die for.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    every toon I have flys a Odyssey at some point. I don't bother with any of the set consoles because they are meh. I can't speak for the consoles but both the Buran and the Gagarin consoles are not part of a set
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    This comes to mind:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Console_-_Universal_-_Nadion_Saturation_Bomb

Shame it is currently still bound to that ship.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.