test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

laggy rubberbanding yo yo fun

since yesterday's dumpster fire crash, the game has been laggy, and I've been rubber banding and SNR'ing non stop like a yoyo.

ran the usual trace route, checked my direct x diagnostics, restarted my pc, cycled my networking equipment and even had my ISP check my service.

user equipment on my end is 100% flight ready and cleared for takeoff.

so..is anyone else seeing the yoyo rubber banding and lag or is it just me?
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.

Comments

• Options
    kailim#3772 kailim Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    It's been happening to me as well, ever since the new content patch. I know of at least two others with this issue as well.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    this lag is so god damn bad, its actually micro freezing every 5 to 10 seconds for me
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    and last night's jupiter station run saw me yo-yo'ed THROUGH the station FIVE times..which is what prompted me to post in the end.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    The rubberbanding and engine stalls are edging me closer and closer to hitting the uninstall button and after 11 years walk away and find something new to play.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    I'll probably abandon the game for another two years if someone from the game's dev staff comes and tells me its not the game..its my network or somewhere in between, cause I'm on gigspeed fios, I routinely post 500mbps+ up/down on speed test, so its not my network connection.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    subzero#5278 subzero Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    At least you guys can play. My game's been trying to patch for 30 minutes now (patch is only downloading at 0.05mb per second on a 60mbps connection). Nothing wrong with my internet, ISP, hardware, etc.
  • Options
    ..is it still considered playing if the yoyo rubber banding leaves one feeling motion sick? I'm normally a pretty rock solid flier..but tonight's run had me eyeing my trash basket in open contemplation if you catch my drift...

that said..ouch, my sympathies on that...barely dialup level speed. frell, even that's being generous..
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    ever since this update server performance as been terrible , i had no issues with any form of rubberbanding before this . either the servers are having some sort of issue or some part of the internet backbone is throttling STO traffic again . the last time this happend a few years ago it was Akami throtttling anything going to the cryptic servers , cuz mmos use too much bandwidth for them ETC i will say this i wasnt having this issue before the update and had no issues with any new content drop for STO for YEARS now till this one SO yeah i think the engineers at Cryptic really need to look into this again
  • Options
    hanswinter9314#2685 hanswinter9314 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    so..is anyone else seeing the yoyo rubber banding and lag or is it just me?

Greetings!

It's not just you, mate. I am having the same issues since the Stormfall update. There are so many lags and rubberbanding problems so that playing STO is not very funny at the moment. In fact it's annoying to be jumping back and forth all the time and no matter where you are. I really hope they will fix this nuisance soon.
    AlexRider.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    honestly the last time I saw this was the first anniversary event that featured the omega particle scanning mission, and the revamp of ESD(which is STILL a lagfest on its own without any help whatsoever), and that was several years ago. so unless they revamped a major central to the player base map somewhere and didn't tell anyone about it...i'm out of ideas.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Reinstalled this game to play the new content...

Rubberbanding around the universe and on planets every 10 secs...

Uninstalled game.

• Options
    syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Rubberbanding has killed me so many times - pulled me back and "unkilled" an enemy who then killed me. I've rubber banded through a wall. Everything was fine until the "Stormfront" release.
  • Options
    sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Rubberbanding everywhere, just running around ESD, flying, trying to shoot, TFO's ground and space, it's constant no matter what you're doing.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Since the last update its like the game has reversed two years, a lagging crashing mess, there are problems through out the game that were not there before the patch, for the recent two episode expansion, small red space battle zones are spawning ships for one player, that should only spawn if the zone is filled, then they disappear , traits are not working like ,hive support get the feeling resistances are not functioning , like they used to and a few other things, which I cant prove as I don't have the means, but my ships don't function like they used to and the lag and stutter is now at level where its also not worth playing, as episodes and tfos are ruined, there's no enjoyment when you cant use your builds . so not it not just you, the Gearbox crew have a lot to fix.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    Me and my friends play every day together and we're getting very frustrated. We're thinking about taking a break and taking our money with us. If Gearbox took over and decided to downgrade the servers as a cost cutting measure, well, bad move.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    kailim#3772 kailim Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Me and my friends play every day together and we're getting very frustrated. We're thinking about taking a break and taking our money with us. If Gearbox took over and decided to downgrade the servers as a cost cutting measure, well, bad move.

Might even be possible that the equipment that Gearbox is using was inferior to begin with, post-transition? Either that, different ISPs playing throttling games with us? I dunno what date the transition occurred relative to the patch release. Wasn't paying attention to that.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    the onset of the issues coincided with the stormfall release..so last tuesday.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just chiming in with a "Me Too" - this game has been basically unplayable since the server "update" or "downgrade" if you ask me... Really tired of trying to make excuses for this game. Devs only push for the Paid content but don't care to fix the issues.