test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix Photonic Officer !

whiskasterrinewhiskasterrine Member Posts: 12 Arc User
All the cool-downs reductions that should affect the bridge officer ability "photonic officer" doesn't work

Rep space trait : Chrono-capacitor array
8kgb6zxhg5m1.png

Space skill : Improved Scientific Readiness
w8w4le4s0fdr.png

Doff : Photonic Studies Scientist
wtav63g45d6l.png

And and most certainly all the other things that affect cool-downs.

This should work as written and displayed :
s0elwi0r08jt.png
The ability should be recharged in 23.7 second (note that even in what is displayed, all reductions are not applied...)
However it remains at 30s.

It's been going on for over 4 years !
I had already mentioned this problem on the forum and I am not the only one.
Here are 2 other posts from 2017 and 2018!!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1231836/photonic-officer-broken
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1239511/photonic-studies-science-doffs-dont-affect-photonic-officer

And they remained unanswered.....

It's a shame !! They do not correct the problem (and it is only one among others) and do not bring any answer on the forums.
It would be nice if the devs started to respect their players and fix the bugs in their game. After several years, I think that's not too much to ask!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Notice in the skill text that you copied (in your second image), it says: "Most abilities have a minimum recharge time which varies from ability to ability."

In most cases, that minimum time is 30 seconds.
    This is exactly what's happening here.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    First of all, thank you for your answer, I think I have already heard about this, but in this case there are other problems :

1: it would be wise to display this minimum cooldown in the skill descriptions (which is often the shared or the ducplicate ability cool-down)
    2 : why is it showing 23.7 sec, you can see your cool-down reduction on other skills, so it should stay stuck at 30s for this skill
    3: If the minimal cooldown is equal to the normal cool-down and cannot be reduced, why does this Doff exist and specifically mention "photonic officer" in its effect ?? it does not make sense
  • Options
    Ok I understand what you are saying. In any case, there are bugs to fix, descriptions to adapt, or statistics to add. Otherwise it is completely misleading.

Besides, as I said above, it should not be displayed 23.7s

I have 9.4% cooldown reduction with Chrono capacitor array 2 and 17% with Improved Scientific Readiness 2
    So 9.4 + 17 = 26.4 %

For a skill with 30s cooldown :
    26.4 x 30 / 100 = 7.92s
    30 - 7.92 = 22.08s

A skill with 30s cooldown should go to 22.08 instead of 23.7.
    There is a gap of 1.62s, if you know why, can you tell me please?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Whether in the sol system, on patrol or tfo map, it is displayed 23.7s
    I have nothing more affecting cooldowns.

On a command skill at 45s, which is only affected by the chrono capacitor array, it's the same thing. It goes to 41.1s when it should be at 40.77s
    I thought maybe it was rank 2 that wasn't working and only the rank 1 amount was applied (7.5%) but in this case the skill should be at 41.6s (41.625).

So I don’t understand, is it a bug, or does the game take into account an unknown element in its calculation?
    Post edited by whiskasterrine on
  • Options
    Does anyone know please ?
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    This is not a bug. You are not supposed to be able to cool down photonic officer. It has been that way since it was reworked some years ago.

The only way to improve photonic officer is with the ship trait "improved photonic officer" which extends PO 10s to 30s making it a 100% uptime skill.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    First of all, thank you for your answer, I think I have already heard about this, but in this case there are other problems :

1: it would be wise to display this minimum cooldown in the skill descriptions (which is often the shared or the ducplicate ability cool-down)
    2 : why is it showing 23.7 sec, you can see your cool-down reduction on other skills, so it should stay stuck at 30s for this skill
    3: If the minimal cooldown is equal to the normal cool-down and cannot be reduced, why does this Doff exist and specifically mention "photonic officer" in its effect ?? it does not make sense

On your third point. Because Photonic officer has changed over the years.

The bug(s) that needs to be fixed is the text on that duty officer yes. PO hasn't been effected by anything cool down related for 5 or 6 years now at least. Also the tool tip should not show you any reduction at all... in the patch notes from its last big rework, Cryptic stated it was going to be a 30s and always 30s skill. The tool tip is bugged yes it should always show 30s on PO no matter what.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Ability:_Photonic_Officer

The wiki has a list of some of the changes to PO over the years. At one time it was a super rare skill that only came form one boff. It has been in its recent state for 4 or 5 years now.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ok thanks for your answer, so there are these description bugs that it would be good to correct, after several years...
    I don't understand why it hasn't been done, this will avoid misunderstandings like this.

And does anyone have an answer for this problem please? :

Ok I understand what you are saying. In any case, there are bugs to fix, descriptions to adapt, or statistics to add. Otherwise it is completely misleading.

Besides, as I said above, it should not be displayed 23.7s

I have 9.4% cooldown reduction with Chrono capacitor array 2 and 17% with Improved Scientific Readiness 2
    So 9.4 + 17 = 26.4 %

For a skill with 30s cooldown :
    26.4 x 30 / 100 = 7.92s
    30 - 7.92 = 22.08s

A skill with 30s cooldown should go to 22.08 instead of 23.7.
    There is a gap of 1.62s, if you know why, can you tell me please?
    Whether in the sol system, on patrol or tfo map, it is displayed 23.7s
    I have nothing more affecting cooldowns.

On a command skill at 45s, which is only affected by the chrono capacitor array, it's the same thing. It goes to 41.1s when it should be at 40.77s
    I thought maybe it was rank 2 that wasn't working and only the rank 1 amount was applied (7.5%) but in this case the skill should be at 41.6s (41.625).

So I don’t understand, is it a bug, or does the game take into account an unknown element in its calculation?