test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 5/13/22

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,482 Community Moderator
edited May 2022 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 5/13, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11517073
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    Thanks for the post Badd
  • Options
    luckyatpwc1979luckyatpwc1979 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Yep was a bad week but we got there :smile: but thanks to all the staff and volunteers who helped sort.
    Been playing for ages and need more coffee
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Nothing about the return of massive amounts of rubber-banding since yesterday though. Since the last patch the game is almost unplayable.
  • Options
    scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Can we maybe...patch the rubber banding...and the inability to buyout the event? I would think the buyout being broken, would get some priority...since it actually makes money...
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Can we maybe...patch the rubber banding...and the inability to buyout the event? I would think the buyout being broken, would get some priority...since it actually makes money...

Buyout is in the notes

Resolved an issue that was causing the buyout button within the Event window to sometimes not respond properly when selected.

As for the rubberbanding. I personally aren't getting it.
  • Options
    sinistergizsinistergiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" Same issue, Different day and still no fix to go with the no anwser's!
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 586 Arc User
    Is there no Hearts and Minds mission today, or is it going to be late like how the April 1st thing was late?
  • Options
    "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" Same issue, Different day and still no fix to go with the no anwser's!

Not an ideal situation, but you may need to do a clean install. Clean installs do solve a lot of issues. Annoying I know to do it, but i may solve your issue.
  • Options
    throst#8196 throst Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that is causing loadouts to be overwritten when changing maps."
    "Resolved an issue that is causing traits to un-slot when changing maps."

Patch wont fix this, i have same issues!
    Delete my slots and randomly delete traits...ohh and after this week update extreme laggy... almost unplayable.
  • Options
    gabriel#3407 gabriel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that is causing loadouts to be overwritten when changing maps."
    "Resolved an issue that is causing traits to un-slot when changing maps."

Patch wont fix this, i have same issues!
    Delete my slots and randomly delete traits...ohh and after this week update extreme laggy... almost unplayable.

My way - did basic ship setup on DS9, then final setup including trait on orbit (DS9 space). Saved loadout, until now is all ok, loadout is holding.
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    My way - did basic ship setup on DS9, then final setup including trait on orbit (DS9 space). Saved loadout, until now is all ok, loadout is holding.

Didn't work for me, trait (and equipment) unloading is far worse than it's ever been before.
    I suppose at least they fixed the randomness aspect. Whereas before it happened annoyingly often, now it happens without fail on every map change - for me at least.
  • Options
    dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Before this patch (unless this is a feature of the Blue shift mission only) my ground weapons wouldn't fire unless I was aiming at an enemy, I thought this was really good as it made ground feel more challenging. Now once again I can fire anywhere and if an enemy is pretty much on the screen its a hit, challenge gone. Was this intentional? or is it just a part of Blue shift
  • Options
    hanswinter9314#2685 hanswinter9314 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin Please train your Tribbles and do something against these nasty lags and rubberbanding issues! Thank you! :)
    AlexRider.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,799 Arc User
    once cryptic removed a certain name from the traceroutes, (i cant recall the date for sure, but i think the name is akami) most of the lag, DCs, and such were reduced 10 fold.

it seems that akami is back in the loop as people have posted TRs in other threads.

i could be wrong with the name, but it sounds familiar.

Cogent has also been a major problem for STO over the years.
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    On a positive note, the Defiant Leg from the 10th anni comes with thrusters so you can quickly reverse, but now everyone and every ship has that ability. lol

But no joking aside the rubber banding is a pain. lol
  • Options
    sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    So much rubberbanding, it's like playing a catapult simulator.
  • Options
    dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    dvonluck wrote: »
    Before this patch (unless this is a feature of the Blue shift mission only) my ground weapons wouldn't fire unless I was aiming at an enemy, I thought this was really good as it made ground feel more challenging. Now once again I can fire anywhere and if an enemy is pretty much on the screen its a hit, challenge gone. Was this intentional? or is it just a part of Blue shift

Were you in shooter mode before? Or are you saying even in shooter mode, it auto-aims at enemies now, too?

If by auto-aim you mean you can shoot 4-5 meters wide and the beam will come out diagonally and hit the target then yes
This discussion has been closed.