test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

doff mission suggestion for tovan khev

markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Romulan Discussion
I know people want to get rid of him but we can not due to story line.

Why not just make a doff mission that turns him into a doff and one to turn in back into a boff.

This would keep on your ship for the required parts but at same time we gain boff slot for more useful boffs. This would make him useful for doing doff missions.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That would be awesome. I'd much rather have him be a doff instead of a boff. This also goes for Elsa Flores and K'gan.
  • Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That would have to bruise their egos...
    "Yesterday, I was the second most powerful person on the ship. The captain spoke, and I made the whole ship operate according to their whims... now I`m correlating migration paths in the Xeltyc expanse!"
    Burn.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they said they can't remove him because he is used in several storyline dialogues. And if you removed him, it would be a problem if you replayed those missions.

I think they should have given 1 free BOFF slot for all the rom. That way we could have Tovan and never bother with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I think they said they can't remove him because he is used in several storyline dialogues. And if you removed him, it would be a problem if you replayed those missions.

I think they should have given 1 free BOFF slot for all the rom. That way we could have Tovan and never bother with him.

I agree it is a tad short sighted to make a BOFF you can't ever get rid of, but still keep the same number of slots as others have. It is an odd situation.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If we can't use our own slots, then Tovan should pay rent. 50 extra Zen per month, sounds fair enough. :D

---
  • Options
    markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If the replay of missions is a problem simply make those mission un able to be replayed problem solved
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If we can't use our own slots, then Tovan should pay rent. 50 extra Zen per month, sounds fair enough. :D

---
    Don't be so rude. He can also pay in dilithium ! There are some nice mines were he can work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    markdb2011 wrote: »
    If the replay of missions is a problem simply make those mission un able to be replayed problem solved

Really? What about those people who want Mk XI mission gear instead of Mk VI?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with erei1 if we have to keep Torven we should get a free BOFF spot
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • Options
    rtb321rtb321 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think Kev is a great character, Whats the problem with him?

Is it the crew full of bridge bunnies, people like to do?

The rommies are brown coats, browncoats stick together!
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014

---
    love the idea!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Really? What about those people who want Mk XI mission gear instead of Mk VI?

Then those people can keep Tovan. If they dismiss him, they deal with the consequences. So tired of features in MMOs being "childproofed" because some people might make bad decisions.
    rtb321 wrote: »
    I think Kev is a great character, Whats the problem with him?

Is it the crew full of bridge bunnies, people like to do?

The rommies are brown coats, browncoats stick together!

My Romulan prefers her most trusted advisors be people she can actually trust. People whose judgment isn't questionable. Those people tend to be of the same gender as she is (except Hiven) because men are liable to make poor decisions when thinking with the wrong head. Tovan has already proven his judgment is questionable, by the woman he chose to associate with. It's obvious he still harbors strong feelings for her too. That means Ro is not likely to trust him. Allow us to give him indefinite leave to console his sister...and my Romulan can replace him with someone a bit less conflicted and addle brained. Turning him into a doff significantly reduces the opportunity he has to "turn heel" and endanger the continuing growth of the Romulan Republic.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    remianen wrote: »

My Romulan prefers her most trusted advisors be people she can actually trust. People whose judgment isn't questionable. Those people tend to be of the same gender as she is (except Hiven) because men are liable to make poor decisions when thinking with the wrong head. Tovan has already proven his judgment is questionable, by the woman he chose to associate with. It's obvious he still harbors strong feelings for her too. That means Ro is not likely to trust him. Allow us to give him indefinite leave to console his sister...and my Romulan can replace him with someone a bit less conflicted and addle brained. Turning him into a doff significantly reduces the opportunity he has to "turn heel" and endanger the continuing growth of the Romulan Republic.

except, according to the REAL storyline (which overrides yours by a large margin whether you want it to or not.) the PC and Tovan have been Friends for quite a while, and that the PC trusts him completely.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whats wrong with Bridge Bunnies? ... I like Bridge Bunnies! ... All my ships have Bridge Bunnies ...

In fact, I've decided to plagiarize that title from you, and now all my crews will be referred to as Bridge Bunnies ...

I like an idea someone posted, from another (though unsurprisingly similar) thread ...
    using Tovan's Body to reinforce the Hull Plating ... apply Romulan BoFF Armor Plating to hull
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Being forced to use Khev just because of few dialogues from missions I won't ever play is ridiculous.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Yep, I want to nuke him, not because of bridge bunnies or lack of boff slots, but because I purge out anyone I will *never* use. I'm tired of looking at him. Making him a Doff could at least make him useful.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.