test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back Dilithium Vanity Shields

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
I think that would make a great dilithium sink. Much better than phoenix boxes or reputation projects anyway. Is it possible to get the vanity shields for dilithum sale back? Perhaps we can get more shields this time? More variety does not hurt ;) What do others think?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    They tried it twice and it only worked for a short time the 1st attempt.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    if they need a dilithium sink here's one.

Let people unlock a lockbox ship they own on another character for dilithium. I bet this would sink Dilithium AND enchourage lockbox sales.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Let people unlock a lockbox ship they own on another character for dilithium. I bet this would sink Dilithium AND enchourage lockbox sales.

Lockbox unlocking just came up in the livestream this week or last - they said no (for now).
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User

Lockbox unlocking just came up in the livestream this week or last - they said no (for now).

they're leaving money on the table IMHO. I think I spent nearly as much money unlocking content across my account as I did on lock boxes back in SWTOR
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User

they're leaving money on the table IMHO. I think I spent nearly as much money unlocking content across my account as I did on lock boxes back in SWTOR

They already put lockbox, lobi, promo ships into mudd packs with account unlocks.

Its one of their best money makers.... what your asking for would seriously cut into that.

Of course it would sink dill no doubt. I don't see Cryptic eating into their mudd pack sales though.
  • Options

SWTOR ones are PURELY cosmetic, but yea space barbie was a thing there too
  • Options
    ariccavariccav Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    It would be nice if you would add in the Platinum and some other VERY hard to get Vanity shields along with the usual. Section 31 and Baul are 99% the same
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    They have in the past released the vanity sheilds to aid in the dil economy ( I think twice now) so maybe they will do it again if there is call for it.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    ariccav wrote: »
    It would be nice if you would add in the Platinum and some other VERY hard to get Vanity shields along with the usual. Section 31 and Baul are 99% the same

Yeah, even though I have the Platinum and other giveaways already, at least adding any removed shields would help it be more impactful. I'd also like to see more of the former Lockbox ones too.
    eazzie wrote: »
    They have in the past released the vanity sheilds to aid in the dil economy ( I think twice now) so maybe they will do it again if there is call for it.

Presently on PC: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11516273-vanity-shields-for-dilithium!
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Edit: Post redundant due to thread merge.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2022
    Dilithium is earned via gameplay. It needs to be taken out by other gameplay,

Everyone does or approaches things differently, and having options available to all is wise. It's also encourages people to play more, which is in there best interest to keep people active & interested; not the opposite.

I think the change they made to Phoenix, was very necessary. I don't think Kael needed to apologize for what he said, as helping the DZE backlog to reduce or drop below 500:1, in fact does helps newer players!

While some may feel bad, Classic Phoenix offered 51,400 or double that during 2x. Still the revised 38,400 still very generous! Remember how most new players started with Superior, or then shifted more to Experimental Upgrades, for years we got 12,800 Tech Points and it cost 1075 DIL applying each single upgrade; at Mk XV that would take 5 Superiors (5,375 DIL) for every cycle. It's a slight premium over the cost of a Phoenix sure. Still Experimental offers the best upgrade chance, and even more if you use Quality Accelerators; and the lower tech points actually work in your favor, as more upgrades apply more quality chance each cycle.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I'm honestly just surprised they didn't consider expanding Tier III Holdings out to IV; it could be done far faster than new Holding, and also unlock new rewards. Also refresh some Fleet Holdings in their appearance, we have 5 at Tier III, and if they did one every 2 years be a balancing force for 10 years.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    selioneselione Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Poke incase OP missed: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11516273-vanity-shields-for-dilithium!

They're back, but nothing new added it looks like.

they are back but at 280k dil EACH shield....hard pass, ill stick to the new nerfed phoenix boxes for upgrades. better spent dil than that hot mess
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    it's around 230K for me, with 15% dil store discount. I think i'll get a few, to support the economy + i like the fact that the dil store versions are accound bound (the lockbox version is character bound...). Also we need more such things in dil store + for a longer period. Maybe make some special vanity engines, deflectors and general visual mods (like assimilated module...). It can't be that hard.
  • Options
    Loool they actually heard me XD
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    selione wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Poke incase OP missed: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11516273-vanity-shields-for-dilithium!

They're back, but nothing new added it looks like.

they are back but at 280k dil EACH shield....hard pass, ill stick to the new nerfed phoenix boxes for upgrades. better spent dil than that hot mess

I don't think that's bad for account-bound premium shields that are usually quite expensive and character-bound.
This discussion has been closed.