test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is switching skill trees still tied to being in a specific place?

daedalusp1daedalusp1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
It's mind-blowing bad in 2022 for a game that offers multiple skill trees to still require to be in a specific place to swap them:
  • Doing randoms, especially advanced, is nothing but a gamble: as I use 4 different trees for both ground + space my build either sucks at ground or space because I can't switch while being in a TFO
  • The same applies to every episode of a story arc

Why the hell is it so hard to either remove those artificial restrictions, or even better, provide a means to set the default trees for both ground + space?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    At the front end of every TFO there is an idle period. Maybe allowing players to select skills then would be worth considering. It would unbalance things if you could change them on the fly, but allowing a prep period across the board would level the playing field for random players joining a group who chose skills for a specific mission.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,999 Arc User
    daedalusp1 wrote: »
    It's mind-blowing bad in 2022 for a game that offers multiple skill trees to still require to be in a specific place to swap them:
    • Doing randoms, especially advanced, is nothing but a gamble: as I use 4 different trees for both ground + space my build either sucks at ground or space because I can't switch while being in a TFO

Why the hell is it so hard to either remove those artificial restrictions, or even better, provide a means to set the default trees for both ground + space?

Do you mean specializations?
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I know, right?

God forbid we actually have to visit locations in the game to do things. Let's put everything in the user interface.

When was the last time you heard e.g. a WoW, Lotro or any kind of MMO player say: "Thank god that I can't switch my talent trees when I want. Who cares about basic QoL features."
  • Options
    protoneous wrote: »

Do you mean specializations?

I do.
This discussion has been closed.