test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Friends in Unusual Places still broken

dorn1858dorn1858 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
The personal space trait, Friends in Unusual Places is still broken. It is supposed to provide a 50% time reduction of Distress Call Abilities. However, when equipped it reduces the shared CD of such abilities to 80 seconds from 120 seconds, but when the CD should it 0, it instead restarts at 40 seconds. 40 plus 80 is 120, the exact same CD you have without the trait equipped. So it does absolutely nothing.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    The various "Distress Call" beacons have a 5 minute cooldown, which this Trait should reduce to 2:30.
    There's nothing on there that says it reduces the shared cooldown.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    The various "Distress Call" beacons have a 5 minute cooldown, which this Trait should reduce to 2:30.
    There's nothing on there that says it reduces the shared cooldown.
    The blog said it reduced shared cooldown so it might be yet another bug in the tooltip. Instead of reducing cooldown by 50% the trait is broken and adds 40seconds. Activating a beacon is normally a 2min cooldown with this trait its 2min, 40sec.

The blog mentions “Abilities which summon Allies (Consoles, BOFF Abilities, Hanger Pets, Captain Abilities and Distress Beacons) recover their recharge faster.” https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507273-the-discovery:-emerald-chain-lock-box!

Which doesnt match the trait which says says distress beacon only and doesnt even work on distress beacons. Its been bug reported a few times now. :(
  • Options
    dorn1858dorn1858 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the recharges of my beacons, shared or otherwise, is identical with and without this trait equipped. I have confirmed this by timing them with a stopwatch as well as the ingame CD countdown.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    dorn1858 wrote: »
    The one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the recharges of my beacons, shared or otherwise, is identical with and without this trait equipped. I have confirmed this by timing them with a stopwatch as well as the ingame CD countdown.

That's interesting as when I tested which was when it first came out there was a 40 second increase. I will have to retest. Perhaps it changed at some point. Either way its still broken.
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The blog said it reduced shared cooldown so it might be yet another bug in the tooltip. Instead of reducing cooldown by 50% the trait is broken and adds 40seconds. Activating a beacon is normally a 2min cooldown with this trait its 2min, 40sec.
    I see nothing in the blog that mentions the shared cooldown being reduced, only the activated beacon getting it's cooldown reduced.
    So, activation the "Nimbus Pirate Distress Call" should give it a 5 minute cooldown and a 2 minute global cooldown on the others.
    Using the trait, we should get a 2:30 cooldown on the activated beacon, and still have a 2 minute global cooldown on the others.
    Alas, I do not actually have the Trait to be able to verify/test and merely seek to clarify what the blog is saying - item cooldown, not global cooldown.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I see nothing in the blog that mentions the shared cooldown being reduced, only the activated beacon getting it's cooldown reduced.
    So, activation the "Nimbus Pirate Distress Call" should give it a 5 minute cooldown and a 2 minute global cooldown on the others.
    Using the trait, we should get a 2:30 cooldown on the activated beacon, and still have a 2 minute global cooldown on the others.
    Alas, I do not actually have the Trait to be able to verify/test and merely seek to clarify what the blog is saying - item cooldown, not global cooldown.
    Sorry I got muddled up. Its the trait its self that says 50% shared cooldown which is broken. The trait is completely different to the blog and neither what the blog says or the trait says work. I have no idea which way its meant to work. Plus the shared cooldown seems to gain 40 seconds it will count down to 0 seconds then jump up 40 seconds.

EDIT: Just to be clear Nimbus Pirate Distress Call with the trait has a 5 minute cooldown.
  • Options
    Its the trait its self that says 50% shared cooldown which is broken.
    As I said earlier, I do not have this trait and as such, I'm going off the description in the blog and on the STO Wiki.
    Could you share a screenshot of the ingame trait description so that I can try and help make sense of this with you?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Its the trait its self that says 50% shared cooldown which is broken.
    As I said earlier, I do not have this trait and as such, I'm going off the description in the blog and on the STO Wiki.
    Could you share a screenshot of the ingame trait description so that I can try and help make sense of this with you?
    Sure, here you go. It makes little sense compared to the blog text. As far as I can tell its broken both in terms of what it say's on the trait and what is said in the blog.

j32dcan70hvt.jpg

• Options
    Thanks for the screenshot - I am now completely in agreement with you.
    The blog, wiki and ingame text are quite different.
  • Options
    Still broken and a lot of players spent real life money to get this. Any chance we can get confirmation its at on the known bug list?
  • Options
    Friends In Unusual Places appears to be still completely broken. It doesn’t reduce cooldown by 50% and worse it adds 40seconds to cooldowns making them longer. Activating a beacon is normally a 2min cooldown with this trait its 2min, 40sec.

Also the blog mentions “Abilities which summon Allies (Consoles, BOFF Abilities, Hanger Pets, Captain Abilities and Distress Beacons) recover their recharge faster.” https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507273-the-discovery:-emerald-chain-lock-box!
    Yet the trait says distress beacon only? As of today's Oct 27th patch still not working.