test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Bridge Officer Seating when switching to new ship

screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
As some people probably haven't had this problem, since 2015, on Tribble, this bug has creeped its way onto the Holodeck server, for one of my Disco toons. I switched to my Intel Assault Cruiser. and got done customizing it, from its old look, to what is on my screen, and tried to change BOff seating. To no fault, of my own, I haven't been on this toon, for about a year, so I was expecting to do some maintenance, on her, but my BOff seating is missing, and I cannot get it to come back. Below is the bug, that is affecting my toon, Kellye@screwloose53184.

y9i3ps9uflyf.jpg

I'm hoping that this will be a easy fix, for the people affected, by this weird bug, as even logging out, and logging back in, does nothing.
Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
Tagged:

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    This appears to randomly happen when logging in an older character that hasn't been played for some time.
    If you switch to another ship, then back, you're Bridge Officer seats should become available again.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Actually, this is a problem only to occur through the Steam client. I tried the game through the Arc client, and my BOff seating was visible, even on the toon that was shown. So, this is only affecting certain players, on Steam, atm.
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Actually, this is a problem only to occur through the Steam client...
    Well, I've seen it and fixed it using the method described above and I don't use the Steam client.
    The Steam Client is exactly the same files downloaded from the sto/cryptic servers as the other client versions - they just get stored in different locations on your hard disk.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well, I've seen it and fixed it using the method described above and I don't use the Steam client.
    The Steam Client is exactly the same files downloaded from the sto/cryptic servers as the other client versions - they just get stored in different locations on your hard disk.

I'll give that a try, to see if that fixes itself. I'm what you call an Alt-aholic, so I've reached the toon limit for my account, before the changes to the LTS benefits. That means I have A LOT of toons to get on, to update them, lol.