test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

U.I. Resolution not scaling properly on 4K!

I opened a ticket and was asked my GM Ovrik to post the issue here and describe it. I recently upgraded from a 1080p monitor to a 4K monitor and I was able to adjust the U.I. but various elements do not scale properly and look out of place as a result.

I'm including some screenshots to show the issue.

wqzcyezbhcs5.png
bluaqfchj60m.png
puaz6xbv50fs.png
As for that last screenshot, the bridge officers ability pane seems normal on other characters, but this one is up and down instead of side by side and I can't figure out why.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    ... but this one is up and down instead of side by side and I can't figure out why.
    Have you pressed F12 and widened it a little?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    dukenukemani#3537 dukenukemani Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Is it a drag & drop feature or something?
  • Options
    I have a 27 inch screen displaying 4K. As for settings, which ones are you referring to?
  • Options
    ... but this one is up and down instead of side by side and I can't figure out why.
    Have you pressed F12 and widened it a little?
    Is it a drag & drop feature or something?
    Yes, you can widen your Boff tray in the UI arrangement by pressing F12.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    I just tried the Drag & Drop option for the 3rd screenshot and that fixed it... Thanks!

That still leaves the issue of other U.I. elements not properly scaling in 4K. Not gonna lie, after seeing how much better everything is in 4K, I refuse to go back to 1080p. >:)
  • Options
    I just tried the Drag & Drop option for the 3rd screenshot and that fixed it... Thanks!
    Glad that one is sorted out, at least.
    The order/arrangement of Boff Seating can lead to the Boff Tray displaying weirdly at times but widening it a little in the "F12 UI layout" usually sorts that out.
    Unfortunately, I find myself unable to offer any advice to assist with the other issues you are experiencing, except to check your graphics drivers are fully up to date.