test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone please ask about torpedo autofire for console players?

ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
If it's at all possible could someone PLEASE ask Kael about enabling auto-fire for torpedoes on console. We have it for energy weapons but not having it for torpedoes really makes a lot of builds much tougher.

Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I'd much rather have a sequence option myself.

So I have 3 torps up front BUT I can't fire the ones I want to fire when I want them, in fact some of them go without being fired at all sometimes.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I really just want the option to be able to autofire them in the sequence they're loaded. Having to repeatedly hit the bumper over and over gets a bit annoying after a while and on a torpedo bomber it tends to wear out the bumper quite quickly.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @orangenee#2931 said:
    > I'd much rather have a sequence option myself.
    >
    > So I have 3 torps up front BUT I can't fire the ones I want to fire when I want them, in fact some of them go without being fired at all sometimes.

Both would be good. Torp auto fire, and torps will fire in the order they appear on the bar.

I have also never understood the torp shared cooldown. One torpedo tube has nothing to do with another, so the shared CD doesn't make any sense.
    Well, ideally they'd autofire in the order they are in the bar and then just as soon as they cooldown from then on.
    But yes, the option to just have them fire as often as possible in the order they are on the bar would be a great one to have as well.

Just give us SOMETHING so we can stop having to hit the fire button over and over to try and get them to fire.
    All of my builds are torpedo heavy, which I believe has contributed to wearing out my RB button.

I dont understand why this hasn't been done yet.
    At this point I think it's a case of just becoming a nuisance to them. Keep posting here, I may set up a twitter account to start asking there.
    Overall I know Kael doesn't actually give a damn but it's a pain for something they once mentioned "I thought you already had that".
    Any word from on high about this? Anyone actually able to ask Kael?
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    You don't ask Kael, you just post and hope he reads it. If you ask nicely the mods might pass it on though.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    /passed along
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > /passed along

Thanks Baddmoon.
  • cheapshotfrenzy#7823 cheapshotfrenzy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yeah, Baddmoon. Thanks. Right now it's tap R1 to fire torpedo and hold R1 to fire mines. Maybe double tap to cycle auto?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    the problem is cooldowns when it comes to torpedoes. if you have Torpedo A first, with a 10 second cooldown, torpedo B with a 3 second cooldown and torpedo C with a 7 second cooldown, do you want your firing sequence to wait for torpedo C or fire torpedo B a second time before torpedo C fires, and then you are waiting for the global cooldown?
    Spock.jpg

There's no problem...I want the torpedoes to automatically fire as soon as they have cooled down. That's it. The global cooldown is what - 1.5 seconds? Which can be reduced with a console.
    I don't want to be having to continuously tap the shoulder button over and over to get them to fire...I want them to just keep firing as fast as possible the same as all the other weapons.
    got it. it's just some folks want then to fire IN ORDER, which cooldowns can mess with
    Spock.jpg

Oh I know and I definitely don't want to mess with the options - I really want the torpedo autofire to be an option that can be toggled so those who want them in order can do so.
    It's just that currently it's very very difficult to do much with it on console. It will fire in order the first time you go through the sequence but after that it's a lot of watching timers smacking the button while trying to fly.
    If we got the option for autofire then it would fire the torpedoes in order (since they're all loaded), then start firing them as they reload in whatever order...to me this would be ideal as each time you switch targets you can let them reload and start the cycle again.

As with all things though - the option would be ideal.
    it's a shame keyboards are not an option for console.
    Spock.jpg

Life would be much improved if there was a torpedo auto fire.

I prefer to focus on flying my ship than having to micromanage my torps and heals and clicky console powers.
This discussion has been closed.