test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to continue Delta Quadrant arc, no missions from specific NPC contact

Platform: PC

Character: Disco Federation character

Description: I am unable to take several of the Delta Quadrant episode arc missions that would be given out by Admiral Janeway (as of the anniversary patch). I had already completed a few of the Delta Quadrant missions prior to this season patch. I had "All That Glitters" accepted and in progress when the patch came out, I then dropped the mission wanting to retake it to hear the new voice over from Kate Mulgrew. However when I hailed Janeway to restart the mission she didn't have any mission prompts, just basically saying "I'll let you know when something comes up." I tried logging out, restarting the game, etc, but got the same result each time. I then skipped the mission, was able to take and complete the next in the series, "Know Your Enemies", this one notably from a different NPC contact, Van Zyl. The following mission, "The Kobali Front" was again given out by Janeway, and again trying to hail just yielded the same "I'll let you know if something comes up" speech. I am not able to skip this mission, but I suspect the next one, again given by Janeway, would produce the same result.

Steps to reproduce: Try to take a delta quadrant mission from Janeway.
Tagged:

Comments

• doggie007doggie007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The initial issues for Escalation were resolved for my Discovery Toon. I ran into further issues, however, when I got to Kobali Front. This toon hasn't played through the Delta Quadrant, yet, and I got stuck at Escalation before this past week's patches. I am now stuck again at Kobali Front. Can't skip, can't accept the mission from Admiral Janeway. Can't beam to Kobali Prime. Can't play Crisis Act missions, but can accept them. This doesn't open beaming to Kobali Prime, though. So, all those missions, and the rest of Delta Quadrant can't be played, now, either. My main toon, a FED, can replay and beam down, but not my Disco Toon that is still completing the mission journal for the first time. As I can't skip past Kobali Front, I can't get to the rest of Delta Quadrant, either. So, back to New Frontiers until this is fixed. Thanks team! Keep up the great work, and look forward to the fix for more Janeway fun while progressing my Discovery Toon. Cheers!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Have a look through all previous story arcs for any unplayed/unskipped missions as these will prevent progress in later story arcs even if you've got some missions already played in them.
    Be sure to click the "Skip" button or "Play" those missions.

If you've done that, you should then be able to Play "The Kobali Front".

If you're still experiencing problems, then I can better help if you are able to provide screenshots of your entire mission journal (a tall order, I know) or perhaps record a short video showing each page.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • joanne79joanne79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Disco fed here level 55, stuck on trying to hail Janeway for Kobali Front mission which is unskippable and she still says its peaceful as well. Unable to skip or continue the delta quadrant arcs as well.
    joanne79 wrote: »
    Disco fed here level 55, stuck on trying to hail Janeway for Kobali Front mission which is unskippable and she still says its peaceful as well. Unable to skip or continue the delta quadrant arcs as well.
    As I said above:
    Have a look through all previous story arcs for any unplayed/unskipped missions as these will prevent progress in later story arcs even if you've got some missions already played in them.

If you're still experiencing problems, then I can better help if you are able to provide screenshots of your entire mission journal (a tall order, I know) or perhaps record a short video showing each page.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    edited April 2022

Sorry, but this is still broken! My ticket was closed February 15, 2022, and it was advised this would be patched. If it was, it didn't work. I have completed everything except Delta Quadrant on my Discovery Toon - again, this appears to only affect Discovery Toons that had not played past The Kobali Front since Janeway was added this year. I cannot complete Delta Quadrant because my Discovery Toon cannot accept The Kobali Front mission that opens Kobali Prime for the player. As a result, I cannot accept any further Delta Quadrant missions because this particular mission Janeway is supposed to provide the player CANNOT be skipped. So no other missions can be unlocked. Cannot beam to Kobali Prime. Even if Kobali Crisis Act I, II, and/or III is accepted.

It was requested to provide screenshots. Please find the attached ZIP file with everything you should need. My entire Journal, including In Progress and Available tabs. Also included a shot at Kobali Prime and at Delta Command where I cannot accept The Kobali Front, nor beam down to Kobali Prime.

I went on to play my unfinished Delta Recruit (FED). It, too, had not completed Delta Quadrant. Played through on it to Delta Quadrant, and then skipped from Escalation to The Kobali Front. Guess what? This toon can accept it, but my Discovery Toon still cannot. So, like with Escalation after Janeway was added, The Kobali Front is equally broken. Please fix this. I am very pleased my Delta Recruit is not suffering this as it would prevent Recruitment Reward unlocks, but being OCD and unable to complete my Discovery Toon is frustrating. Still love what you do, and the entire game. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to meet the Terran Emperor.

• amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    My Disco captain has the same issue, no prior missions skipped no response to hale other than Janway saying "All is relatively quiet etc." No access to Kobali Front or Kobali Prime and no option to skip the mission. Support told me it was a known issue but could not advise when a fix would be provided.
  • pasteur#1910 pasteur Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Look in your Available Missions tab for Kobali Crisis story arc. Try completing that first.
    Look in your Available Missions tab for Kobali Crisis story arc. Try completing that first.
    That won't work. You need "The Kobali Front" to be able to access Kobali Prime.
    Discovery captains currently cannot access that mission, but it might be possible to get it from another character by partying and doing a mission share...?
    The captain and crew of the U.S.S. Kensington (NCC-93357) (DSC Captain) are pleased to report we have restored contact with Admiral Janeway in the Delta Quadrant and we're able to complete The Kobali Front after April 28 patch. Now we can help bring peace to Kobali Prime and the rest of the Delta Quadrant again!

LLAP