test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 4/20/22

protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
From: https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/u8idag/ten_forward_weekly_42022/ Credit to: user/TheSajuukKhar/
  • Next content drop hits May 10th.
  • Kael doesn't know if the SNW Enterprise is different enough from the DSC version to warrant it getting a new version in-game.
  • Next event campaign event is after the next content drop.
  • Kael believes the legendary Vesta comes out after the May 10th content drop, though the Cerritos comes out May 10th.
  • New Odyssey bridge will not be playable at the release of the new content, though it should come later
  • Cerritos is in the Infinity Box, and more Lower Decks content is coming, like the stuff shown off at Mission Chicago.
  • Very promising conversation with Nickelodeon regarding Prodigy happened at Mission Chicago.
  • No uniform updates currently planned
  • More information regarding Phoenix Prize Pack changes/updates soon
  • Quad Polaron Cannons not being upgradeable/reengineerable is a bug.
  • Cryptic recently did a company wide meeting with Gearbox to show off what they were working on and see what Gearbox was working on.
  • How ships are released is something Cryptic determines, its not imposed on them by CBS in what way most ships get released.
  • The issue with the Pakled clump ship is that, because its made up of different ships, and all of those are normally different materials, to make it work they would have to make one material that can't be changed. So no Type 5, 6, 7A etc(this was talked about by Thomas at Mission Chicago)
  • Kael talked about/showed off why we don't have playable Borg Cubes. There is no obvious front, and flying just looks really weird.
  • We are closer to DSC Andorians then ever before, but still not that close
  • No information on when Picard S2 badge will come to the game.
  • Adding DSC characters to Temporal Recruits would be difficult since many objectives for Temporal Recruit happen during TOS missions so they would have to completely redo those/find some way to make them work.
  • Kael doesn't know if the old intel ships will be able to use the Legendary Vesta's new intel hull material
  • No plans for a DSC recruit event.
  • There have been discussions about buying something to make character ships account unlocks but Kael doesn't see it as likely to happen due to concerns over what they would do to sales of certain things.
  • Kael will ask about making the Pink Vanity shield available again in some way.
  • We probably wont see any SNW content any time soon.
  • Grudge will be available as a pet soon.
  • Next release is two new missions, one new TFO, and the Fed tutorial revamp.
  • Team is aware and working on the issue with DSC and other characters being unable to progress through Kobali Front
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    The Andorian question was from me, just wanted an update on progress, the Borg Cube pilot was nice, the way it tipped when it turned was pretty cool.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Still eager to learn about the new Vesta :)
    There have been discussions about buying something to make character ships account unlocks but Kael doesn't see it as likely to happen due to concerns over what they would do to sales of certain things.

If that's the case, then why do we have hugely expensive Mudd packs? Account wide ships are a good idea, certainly for the prices the average lockbox ship costs.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    More information regarding Phoenix Prize Pack changes/updates soon
    Grudge will be available as a pet soon.

Also interesting things.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited April 2022
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie. Its the Connie. Now if they made the Bridge or a full interior for her that would be awesome.
    If that's the case, then why do we have hugely expensive Mudd packs? Account wide ships are a good idea, certainly for the prices the average lockbox ship costs.

Its possible that whatever token they make might be C-Store or something, thus infinitely cheeper and available at all times, unlike the rotating Mudd packs. The fact they are talking about it is interesting. Kael just feels it might not come about. He could be right, or they could surprise us all. We don't know. But again the fact it was even discussed is an interesting takeaway from this.

And dang it I was hoping for some uniform updates. Especially if they were going to do a quality pass on the TNG. Its showing its age.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie. Its the Connie. Now if they made the Bridge or a full interior for her that would be awesome.

Its possible that whatever token they make might be C-Store or something, thus infinitely cheeper and available at all times, unlike the rotating Mudd packs. The fact they are talking about it is interesting. Kael just feels it might not come about. He could be right, or they could surprise us all. We don't know. But again the fact it was even discussed is an interesting takeaway from this.

And dang it I was hoping for some uniform updates. Especially if they were going to do a quality pass on the TNG. Its showing its age.

They could put that token in the Mudd Store, and is seasonal... buy now or wait another year!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Totally off kilter here but I really want a TOS Gorn ship & one day the old tunic back
    I can dream right?
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie. Its the Connie.

Well, the made the DSC Connie a different ship from the TOS Connie, even tho that's the same ship. So it's not like there's no precedent.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    kurtron wrote: »
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie. Its the Connie.

Well, the made the DSC Connie a different ship from the TOS Connie, even tho that's the same ship. So it's not like there's no precedent.

TOS connie was 1960s model made with the TV-budgets of that era, DSC is modern CGI that's made with similar resources to that used in SNW assuming it's a different model to begin with. Not mention that DSC Connie is a lot closer to the TOS one then redesign Roddenberry himself had them make for TMP (the refit would only sense if it was code word for "keel up rebuild").

By taking elements from TMP design the DSC one makes the refit in TMP seem less like a total rebuild and more like an actual refit.

In essence the DSC was more then "because we can do it" and honestly there isn't much reason to redesign the Connie for SNW.
    And there's no reason to redesign the exterior when they have that perfectly good CGI model from Discovery, which also made a brief appearance in Picard. Its the interior that's changed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Cerritos is in the Infinity Box

OH THANK GOD. Something I actually have more than a snowball's chance in hell of getting things from.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User

When it comes to uniforms, what I'd like to see is some improved options for the Romulans.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    And there's no reason to redesign the exterior when they have that perfectly good CGI model from Discovery, which also made a brief appearance in Picard. Its the interior that's changed.

I did say in the last sentence there, maybe not in those words but essentially that.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie.

There are extra windows along the rim of the saucer, and I could be wrong but I think the exterior of the bridge has been changed to make the window more subtle. I'm not sure if there are any other differences.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Honestly I doubt that the SNW Connie is any different than the DSC Connie.

There are extra windows along the rim of the saucer, and I could be wrong but I think the exterior of the bridge has been changed to make the window more subtle. I'm not sure if there are any other differences.

I assume they can replicate the window change just with a new hull material?
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Totally off kilter here but I really want a TOS Gorn ship & one day the old tunic back
    I can dream right?

There's always next week's Ten Forward.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    So...no updated SNW uniforms? This will be the first new live action Trek show they haven't done the uniforms for; and the SNW uniforms are different from the DSC S2 1701 uniforms and they have been making the rounds publicly at Conventions for months; so I guess Al Rivera really doesn't like anything even somewhat associated with TOS.

(Hell, Cryptic stated they wanted to do the Prodigy uniforms but the only thing stopping that was the fact the show was co produced by Nickelodeon, so they weren't sure they had the clear rights to do anything from Prodigy until they were sure of that situation.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

Not even that. We can have windows separate from hull material, remember?
    So...no updated SNW uniforms? This will be the first new live action Trek show they haven't done the uniforms for; and the SNW uniforms are different from the DSC S2 1701 uniforms and they have been making the rounds publicly at Conventions for months; so I guess Al Rivera really doesn't like anything even somewhat associated with TOS.

(Hell, Cryptic stated they wanted to do the Prodigy uniforms but the only thing stopping that was the fact the show was co produced by Nickelodeon, so they weren't sure they had the clear rights to do anything from Prodigy until they were sure of that situation.)

Odds are they'd be released closer to the premiere, so maybe next month? If we look back at Discovery and Picard, I wanna say that uniforms were released day of premiere or pretty close to celebrate the premiere. And far as I know there was no advance warning either. Just a blog on release.

I assumed it would be a C-store token.

C-store, Mudd, they're the same thing to me. What I was pointing out is that they had no problem, in principle, to making ships account-wide unlocks.

Imo, they should make such an option available. If they ask feedback from players about what they consider reasonable prices for such a feature, I'm sure it would be a success. There are many lockbox and lobi ships flying around, I doubt only a few people would use such a feature. So yeah, definitely hope him mentioning it indicates something's being considered.

As for the Connie discussion:

If they can sell it, they'll make it. I hope they don't, because frankly, this whole continuously re-selling the same ships with some minor variations is getting a bit ridiculous.

Just to apply that to the Vesta again: I already own five of six models. I just realised that, if I bought the Legendary, I basically have bought at least some of the other variants for nothing.
    As much as I enjoy the fact we're getting a new ship model for that line, the way many ships are marketed nowadays does lead to a feeling of having purchased stuff previously when you'd have been better off just waiting for a new release.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    That just changes the design of the windows, not their location. Based on what I saw when Thomas was streaming his work on the Andromeda remaster I believe each ship model has the window locations assigned directly on the model, which would mean that giving us the SNW window option would require copying the existing saucer model, adding the extra window locations to it and getting them positioned accurately, and then saving that as a separate model.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    "No uniform updates currently planned"

Wonder if that also means no plans on fixing the clipping issues with the mirror uniforms, skirts, Dyson uniforms, and many many more.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User

Odds are they'd be released closer to the premiere, so maybe next month? If we look back at Discovery and Picard, I wanna say that uniforms were released day of premiere or pretty close to celebrate the premiere. And far as I know there was no advance warning either. Just a blog on release.

Given he was speaking about what's coming in the next content drop (on May 10th, 5 days after the SNW Premiere); I'd be surprised if any new SNW designed costumes drop. I believe he said there is no SNW reklated content even in the planning stage at present.

But yeah, we'll see one way or the other in 2 weeks or so.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    I believe he said there is no SNW reklated content even in the planning stage at present.

To be fair... we never really got any warning on the Picard 2399 uniform or the Discovery uniform. So... who knows.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @kurtron said:
    > Well, the made the DSC Connie a different ship from the TOS Connie, even tho that's the same ship. So it's not like there's no precedent.

The model is slightly different anyway . It is already on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/u9ih8w/star_trek_strange_new_worlds_enterprise_ncc1701/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
This discussion has been closed.