test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which kits offer long-range, low CD AoE damage for engineer?

daedalusp1daedalusp1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
As I just purchased Anchor of Gre'thor for my engineer I'm now searching for other kits to pair it with, but after browsing the wiki and various forums for quite a while I'm not getting any closer to an answer.

The only kit I've found so far to fulfill all requirements would be Assimilate, but it hardly offers a lot of damage.

Other kits like e.g. Gravity Containment Unit or Agony Field Generator offer damage, but either lack the range to be immediately chained with Anchor or have a much longer CD.

What other kit are there?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I use the Universal - Chain Conduit Capacitor on two of my Engineer characters. It has good range (20 meters according to the Wiki), chains to up to five enemies near the primary target (always, no proc needed), and has a fast cooldown.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I don't really pay attention to ground stuff, but wouldn't basic Quantum Mortars work?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I use the Universal - Chain Conduit Capacitor on two of my Engineer characters. It has good range (20 meters according to the Wiki), chains to up to five enemies near the primary target (always, no proc needed), and has a fast cooldown.

I would second that... if you want a long range pure aoe dmg skill. Chain cap is very spamable even using nothing else for dmg.
    I would also say just go get in their face and drop some mines.
    The mortar is also a decent idea if you do want to stick to range. Drop a mortar and use both the chain modules. Anything gets close drop some mines. All fairly low cool down stuff.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Explosive Drone has a pretty sweet, short cooldown of 15 seconds. Not only will it basically make a kamekaze drone, it will actively shoot an Antiproton beam at a target as it flies over to blow up.
    I would add Molten Terrain to the mix, but its 3-second activation time makes it effectively useless (seriously, Cryptic, WTF??).

I think Molten Terrain has a pretty long cooldown too. Longer than Exothermic Induction Field (as I use it on my Pyro Sci)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    I use an Ambush Turret with Anchor of Gre'thor, Chain Conduit Capacitor, mines, and Solar Gateway or mortar.
This discussion has been closed.