test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

odd ball ship

wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Ten Forward
okay I got a ship from a lock box a while back and I have yet to see another any where, and I know the fit police are going to have a field day, but really can't seem to find it again in game, was it a one time thing suo21r2njl3r.png
rnkaxj4c9g1h.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Its a Zhat Vash ship that a lot of the traditional Trek fans probably either don't know about or don't like for aesthetic reasons. Also, the little I have heard about it seems to be that it is good for certain niches (like a torpedo bomber) but not great for more meta oriented builds. In short, neither the role players nor the roll players seem to like it much (except for a few of those who like to experiment with niche builds) though they don't seem to hate it enough to generate negative buzz either.

If it was a c-store ship I would probably get it to go with the Zhat Vash pistols and build an ex-Zhat Vash renegade character, but it being lockbox and not worth the campaign premium ship token that is unlikely to ever happen since I don't open lockboxes (no principles involved in that, I just don't have the excess cash to spend on keys).
  • Options
    Its a Zhat Vash ship that a lot of the traditional Trek fans probably either don't know about or don't like for aesthetic reasons. Also, the little I have heard about it seems to be that it is good for certain niches (like a torpedo bomber) but not great for more meta oriented builds. In short, neither the role players nor the roll players seem to like it much (except for a few of those who like to experiment with niche builds) though they don't seem to hate it enough to generate negative buzz either.

If it was a c-store ship I would probably get it to go with the Zhat Vash pistols and build an ex-Zhat Vash renegade character, but it being lockbox and not worth the campaign premium ship token that is unlikely to ever happen since I don't open lockboxes (no principles involved in that, I just don't have the excess cash to spend on keys).
    yeah I love it my self I have a beam fit on it atm and running event TFO's in it now, just never see them in game, kinda sad too its a beautiful ship TBH
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Some of the old guard have "issues" with Picard, plus they or others might not like the barbie.

I fly the Magic School Bus (Batlh) on purpose so have no business in sartorial elegance. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who flies it beyond grinding the trait.
  • Options
    Some of the old guard have "issues" with Picard, plus they or others might not like the barbie.

I fly the Magic School Bus (Batlh) on purpose so have no business in sartorial elegance. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who flies it beyond grinding the trait.

One of my Orions has the Batlh as her main ship since it looks more Orion than Klingon aesthetics-wise so it is reasonable to play it as such (and those seen in DSC could have been bought by the Klingon house instead of built by it) and the Orions have so few ships in the game, none of which are proper science ships.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I like the apperance myself, I'd happily use it on my romulan if someone gave it to me
  • Options
    I like the apperance myself, I'd happily use it on my romulan if someone gave it to me

That's the whole thing, it was a mistake to put it in a lockbox and would have done much better as a c-store ship where it would not have to compete with fan favorites and the economics of lockbox trading. It looks like a nice fun ship to fly, but that simply is not good enough for a lockbox ship, those need some kind of over-the-top killer trait, console or massive fan appeal which it just does not have.
  • Options

That's the whole thing, it was a mistake to put it in a lockbox and would have done much better as a c-store ship where it would not have to compete with fan favorites and the economics of lockbox trading. It looks like a nice fun ship to fly, but that simply is not good enough for a lockbox ship, those need some kind of over-the-top killer trait, console or massive fan appeal which it just does not have.
    in full agreement, and if they could or even a event ship

• Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User

yeah I'd have bought it. heck they shoulda just held off on putting it out period and maybe saved the Zhat Vash for some sort of enemy to deal with (picard season 1 didn't destroy them so they're still about. seems like a good plot hook for STO to pick up)
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User

One of my Orions has the Batlh as her main ship since it looks more Orion than Klingon aesthetics-wise so it is reasonable to play it as such (and those seen in DSC could have been bought by the Klingon house instead of built by it) and the Orions have so few ships in the game, none of which are proper science ships.

Funnily enough my Orion is the one who flies it too. It's a good ship if you can get over the looks, function over form. With the intel improvements it's even better now.

She can't really fly the Blackguard as it cripples her science utility.

Love to see even an Orion sci-carrier.