test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SNW Reputation Faction

jodyhammerhandjodyhammerhand Member Posts: 33 Arc User
With Strange New Worlds joining us on May 5, and the last in-game reputation faction (Discovery Legends) coming back in 2019, I think it's safe to say that we're likely getting a new rep faction later this year. And if it is indeed coming down the pipe later this year, what could/should it look like or what should be included? What could the dev team put together that encourages people to use the gear and the traits? I won't get too deep into individual piece stats or 2-pc, 3-pc and 4-pc set bonuses but the stats and set bonuses should make people want to swap in this new rep gear as part of their builds.

Let's start with the gear first.

DECS

Right now as you look, the tactical/engineering META is often confined to the Colony Deflector, Competitive Engines, Discovery Rep Core, Discovery Rep Shields. It's a solid combo. On the science side of things, there's the Klingon Imperial gear that boosts space magic kabooms but for those players who didn't have access to that event and therefore gear, that gear becomes what feels like is going to be a Mudd's purchase (still waiting on the Bajoran Interceptor with DOMINO to make its way into Mudd's but I digress). The point is that the stats AND the set bonuses of the new rep gear should make people want to slot that gear.

I believe the inherent challenge for the developers here will be the boosts to critical chance/severity that the Colony Deflector grants based on Hull Capacity (maybe make a crit chance/severity boost a 2-pc set bonus?), and the wild turn boosts to turn and speed the Competitive Engines provides to players. The I can see the deflector really boosting Hull and Shield caps and Hull and Shield Regen. I think the engine should boost overall weapons, engines, shield and aux stats, EPS and turn rate (you see that barrel roll in the SNW trailer?). Both the Mycelial warp core and Tilly's Experimental Shields are just solid so the devs will have their work cut out for them there. But at the same time, slotting all four rep pieces doesn't need to be the META build (or does it?).

Weapons/Consoles
Seeing as this will be a Federation-themed rep, the three-piece will be a beam/torpedo/console combo. That's fine. I think the biggest one here that players would want on the beam side will be a TOS-style blue omni-directional. It's really the only type of omni-directional that is missing from the game. Space barbie is the true MMO end-game. Well I can see players grinding out this rep to get that blue omni. And hey, as an aside to the developers, you can even put the blue omni in the fourth/fifth reputation tier to make players get to the end to get the good stuff. The Lorca console and Dark Matter Quantum Torpedo combo is a phenomenal pairing. So is the Trilithium set from the Beyond the Nexus episode. The number of players using the both the Discovery rep and the Beyond the Nexus 2-pc console-omni combos seems to be heavy when you read the stobuilds sub-reddit. So instead of a Quantum/Chroniton torpedo, a juicy experimental photon torpedo would be awesome. Where the Lorca console is pure tactical swagger, I don't think we've ever seen a science-based rep console or an engineering-based rep console and that should change. Give this console the ability to boost Accuracy, EPS, Defense, Firing Haste, Critical Chance/Severity, Control/Drain, weapons/shields/engines/auxiliary stats or whatever. Obviously not all of these can be on one console but slotting two and even all three pieces could juice all those things and more.

Now let's tackle traits.

Traits
This is going to be a tough one because there are so many GOOD traits out there and a limited number of slots. But there is a missing series of traits and skills boosts still untouched: Captain skills/Kit performance (for ground). Right now, most players use the crit chance buff from Romulan Rep, crit sev buff from Dyson Rep, crit chance buff from hull from Discovery, Cat2 weapons buff from Dominion rep and then the fifth is wide open. Right now I'm experimenting with using the CD buff from the temporal rep faction instead of using an A2B (+2-3 technicians) or A2B/PO1 combo. I know Boimler's is out there but for those who don't have 100M+ in EC or 200 lobi to get Boimler's or the 100-250M in EC to get the one to three needed purple technicians to properly run A2B. Let's not talk about the Borg doffs (I believe the 27 of 47 doff is now about 1B EC), but if there is a way that linking a SNW trait that when you click on a Captain's skill, it reduces BOFF skill cooldowns, what a great rep trait to tease players with. On ground, I use a similar set-up with the ground chrono-capacitor to buff kit CDs. But there is no rep ground trait that boosts Captain's ground abilities/CDs. Instead of creating a new standalone trait that acts similar to the way Intel Agent Attache lowers space Captain ability cooldowns, make it a ground rep trait. Call it something fun: Captain's Command Experience. After activating a Captain's ground skill, critical hits reduce Captain ground skill CDs. I'd slot that trait.

I know this is a bit of a bigger block of text but I think the thing we want to take into consideration is that a new rep faction like SNW will provide the devs an opportunity to throw one hell of a curveball at the playerbase and get people to re-engage their builds if they do it right. Feel free to discuss.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Kael has recently said on the weekly Livestream that a new reputation is not likely anytime soon, because it takes almost as much work as a new content update (mission + queue) and they no longer have the resources (ie manpower) to do both a rep and a content update at the same time.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    13 reputations is enough, and we already have factions covered with TOS and Discovery.

At most I'd say there will be a SNW (or "snew") lock box with some show-inspired shinies.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Yea... I don't see a SNW rep coming honestly. Lockbox probably. Mission rewards probably. But not a whole rep. Honestly I'd like an update to some older rep items, especially turning the consumable Tholian Drone into a Kit Module, and taking out the DOff requirements for it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Reputations are repeatable content that gets people (or at least me) to log in to do - at least 40 days for the first time. A new mission is done once in an hour and then forgotten

And what's the point of new queues if marks are worthless because there's nothing new to buy? I get fleek marks, when then get dumped in the surplus fleet mark project. Whee.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Reputations are repeatable content that gets people (or at least me) to log in to do - at least 40 days for the first time. A new mission is done once in an hour and then forgotten

And what's the point of new queues if marks are worthless because there's nothing new to buy? I get fleek marks, when then get dumped in the surplus fleet mark project. Whee.

That's busywork to me. Unless they could come up with some really nifty new gear set just having it be a little power creep better than existing ones does not excite me. For new beams/cannons a lock box works fine.

I'd rather have a new story episode than a new reputation. That's just my opinion of course.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @discojer said:
    > Reputations are repeatable content that gets people (or at least me) to log in to do - at least 40 days for the first time. A new mission is done once in an hour and then forgotten
    >
    > And what's the point of new queues if marks are worthless because there's nothing new to buy? I get fleek marks, when then get dumped in the surplus fleet mark project. Whee.

Hammer meet nailhead.

TFOs are pointless. I dont play them anymore except for events with an interesting reward.

There is nothing more for me to get with marks, so there is no useful reward.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »

Exactly...to me this is telling me the Devs are saying the game is about logging in for 20 minutes a day to do a event for 14 days then log out till the next major grind event...adding up to one free gamble box ship a year

So yes...the game is now basically about gambling ships, if you pay for them or not....that is all the game is about anymore
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Kael has recently said on the weekly Livestream that a new reputation is not likely anytime soon, because it takes almost as much work as a new content update (mission + queue) and they no longer have the resources (ie manpower) to do both a rep and a content update at the same time.

That excuse has worn very thin. If they are so short-staffed that they cannot support the game like it's a live service rather than the final stage before being sunset, then they need to hire more devs that can do what is needed to make new reputations, holdings AND mission content. They've made damned sure they've got enough manpower to churn out new ships on a regular basis, even going so far as to contract designers to do some of the work. Oh yeab... That's because Ships are monetized. TFOs, Reps, Holdings and mission content are not monetized, so they aren't prioritized.So they don't need to hire more devs. They're making enough money with the skeleton crew they have now.

The status quo will not go...

Technically speaking, reps & TFOs ARE monetized.

Though, you would be an idiot to pay for them, you can pay to instantly level up each of your reputations up to Tier 5.

Featured TFOs have the whole buyout system that you can pay a certain amount (in some cases, the price of a Tier 6 3 pack), to complete an event and get credit for the current campaign event running as well as skipping a grind that they don't want to do.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    This isn't a job, it's a game. If playing it for its own sake isn't enough, and you need to be "paid" to do so, perhaps you might consider taking a break? You're risking burnout, if you're not there already, and if you just take a break for a few weeks (or months, even!), the game will still be here when your goal is flying spaceships around the galaxy...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    Whether or not they do any new reputations in the future, if they for whatever reason decided to do one for SNW (which is something I would like, F2P players have to depend on rep gear a lot and by definition usually have more time than cash to spend) they would in all likelihood have to wait for a season or two to get a feel for what should be included in it. So it will probably be at least a year or two, if they do it at all.
    I have to agree with phoenixc, although lockbox gear is more likely once a season has passed, if they DO decide on a rep, they'll still want time to see if there is anything of interest to add either way.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2022
    13 reputations is enough, and we already have factions covered with TOS and Discovery.

At most I'd say there will be a SNW (or "snew") lock box with some show-inspired shinies.

Yea and SNW is kind of starting Season 3 out of the Gate, given it continued from Discovery Season 2 when Pike Entered; after Lorca is eventually identified having come from the Mirror.

I wouldn't expect a SNW Rep at least not in the immediate future, it could happen down the road; or they could do something else. Add 1-3 new items to the Disco Rep, given Omega has 3 complete ground sets, and 3 space. After all SNW really started in Disco Season 2; it might be possible to do few other Rep's as well yet Omega already sets a high standard few others follow.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    Except that Omega had those 3 sets from the beginning, even before Rep was a thing. Its just that everything associated with Omega Force got rolled into the new rep. And technically speaking its probably more like 5 sets if we consider that we have faction based ones. Omega, MACO/Adapted Honor Guard, Adapted MACO/Honor Guard.

None of the other reps followed suit with the faction specific gear.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2022
    Yea you can unlock the Adapated SET that offers a slight twist. Still I'd love to see a few new projects unlock at REP 6 for those who are on Solid footing; while they already gave retraining and Fleet Voucher. It would be nice to expand a few options within each REP! Wouldn't or should require grind more REP, yet perhaps might eat some marks (1,000) to unlock 2-4 new Projects?

I really love to see a Romulan Armor, only to slightly expand the Republic Variations; maybe non Romulans only given an Alliance alternative yet with similar bonus or stats.

I know Lifer's have an unique Romulan outfit, as do Fed's and Klingons. Still a few more options or choices in Several REPs not only for Romulans/Remans but others too. Even Discovery REP could be expanded to include some new Gear or items from Strange New Worlds; and wouldn't necessary require a new Tier, and not give another Fleet Module! How much time saving does that represent however, it take some yet may cut the effort down by 25-50%?

I wouldn't expect 1 every couple months, may 1 at best every year. To give a new Project that costs 1,00 Marks to fill to unlock a few expanded options within each of them, depending what they have or don't.
    ♦ That 1,000 Marks might unlock 2-4 new Projects, to not only use Marks on, yet also Tokens, and more importantly DIL.

Still with they consider it... ...or something slightly different? Who really knows, only them... o:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User

Thank the gods for that. There are too many reps as it is. I'd rather see them overhaul the ones we have so the gear is useful and relevant, than create yet another rep to grind.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I'll say what I said in another thread.

All the reps should be updated to offer a 4-pc ground set and a 4-pc space set. The exception would be the Counter Command since it already has a 4-pc ground set with kit frame coming from a mission reward.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    SNW is basically Discovery season 2.5, just with better uniforms and focuses more on the Discoprise crew, I don't think a rep would be enough to cover them, there would have to be some changes in order to differentiate them from Discovery.
    SNW is basically Discovery season 2.5, just with better uniforms and focuses more on the Discoprise crew, I don't think a rep would be enough to cover them, there would have to be some changes in order to differentiate them from Discovery.

That depends on how much leeway they give Goldsman to do a Cage/TOS era compatible show and not overly straightjacket it with DSC S1 and S2 anti-TOS elements. If SNW could get away from those Moonvesisms and do things like dig into the clues left in the TOS episodes and bring out some of the stuff talked about behind-the-scenes but impossible to do with the TV production technology of the time, then there is the potential for a lot of things that could make an SNW rep unique and not just a rehash of DSC stuff.

At this point in time there is so little information that it is all guesswork, and SNW might be quite different or it could just be another generic space opera shoot'em up like DSC.
    edited April 2022
    Well... isn't Cage pre-DSC though? Its already established that SNW is post DSC s2. And based on some breakdowns on YouTube, they have adapted a lot of TOS asthetics in one way or another, integrating the more updated DSC elements.
    • In the Chapel trailer we actually see an old school TOS Jefferies Tube, in bright colors.
    • In the M'Benga trailer we see an updated TOS style hand scanner for a Medical Tricorder.
    • We get a glimpse of what may be a new Phaser Pistol model that integrates more TOS details with a couple DSC details.
    • The Bridge isn't quite as big as it was in DSC.

They did keep the DSC EV Suits, but I don't mind that. They look TONS better than what we had in TOS. And the overall feel of the trailers makes it feel more TOS free wheeling adventure with some humor. We also heard from Anson Mount that it will be episodic, like TOS.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... isn't Cage pre-DSC though? Its already established that SNW is post DSC s2. And based on some breakdowns on YouTube, they have adapted a lot of TOS asthetics in one way or another, integrating the more updated DSC elements.
    • In the Chapel trailer we actually see an old school TOS Jefferies Tube, in bright colors.
    • In the M'Benga trailer we see an updated TOS style hand scanner for a Medical Tricorder.
    • We get a glimpse of what may be a new Phaser Pistol model that integrates more TOS details with a couple DSC details.

They did keep the DSC EV Suits, but I don't mind that. They look TONS better than what we had in TOS. And the overall feel of the trailers makes it feel more TOS free wheeling adventure with some humor. We also heard from Anson Mount that it will be episodic, like TOS.
    Cage is pre-DSC as parts of it are mentioned in DSC though the details are spoilers so I won't mention them here.
    edited April 2022
    rattler2 wrote: »

The Cage was set in 2254, Discovery went from 2256 to 2258 (before jumping to the far future), so SNW probably starts in 2258 or 2259.

The TOS era is often considered to start with The Cage though the originally-aired series itself doesn't start until 2265 with Where No Man Has Gone Before, followed by a major overhaul to the ship (to explain the changes in the shooting model) and the first non-pilot episode is set in 2266.

The thing is, a lot of the stuff that is shown in TOS episodes, along with the behind-the-scenes talk about things they wanted to put in but could not due to the limitations of the 1960s production technology would apply to that whole general time period from the mid 2240s or so up until around 2270.

Ironically, that primitive production technology was trying to depict future technology that was even more advanced than much of that shown in the movies and later series but using better TV production technology like CGI because of a shift in the 1970s Hollywood to a "more down to earth" style (Star Wars was probably a major influencer of that).

The DSC EV suits are a disappointment unfortunately. While they have hints of the TOS style they lack the forcefield helmets of the originals (which had to be depicted by that mesh since they didn't have CGI and nothing they tried to make a glow would show up under the filming lights). Likewise, the scene where McCoy reached into Kirk's helmet to administer a hypo at the base of his neck had to be changed to just a random spot on the suit surface because the overlap of the mesh where he was supposed to put his hand in the 'stunt' helmet was too noticeable even with the rotten resolution of TV pictures at the time.

SNW could still fix that by introducing 'new' suits that simply eliminate the glass and cover the faceplate area with a CGI forcefield just like the one keeping the air in the shuttlebay so the things look more Star Trek and less Mission to Mars.

Roddenberry and Jefferies wanted a minimalist organic style for the interior and exterior of the ship, including relatively sparse button clusters but with 'smart' control panels that could take gesture and voice input as well as manipulation of the jewel 'buttons' themselves (though nothing like that was practical to do until years later in Earth: The Final Conflict since there was no practical way to show floating transparent holograms).

Also, as I have pointed out before, the original idea for what was eventually called the Federation was more like the United Nations and that was supported in the show by dialog that indicated the member planets were sovereign states within the Federation umbrella in episodes like Wolf in the Fold.

That can easily be extended to cover the changes in how Kirk introduces the ship over the course of the first dozen episodes or so if it is assumed that Starfleet was transitioning from a UN special forces or NATO style organization to a more centralized one, similar to the way the Federation itself slowly grew from the alliance that was forming in ENT into the much more centralized and homogenized format seen in TNG.

Very little is shown in TOS about how the Federation is organized, so it is possible to reconcile Kirk's statement about the Federation being "a thousand planets and spreading out" in Metamorphosis with Picard's "over one hundred and fifty planets . . . spread across 8,000 light-years" in First Contact if you assume that Picard was talking about the capital worlds with active delegates to the council and Kirk was talking about those plus all their colonies and major outposts added together.
    The problem with what was intended behind the scenes is that it doesn't make it onto the screen. And the whole "forcefield helmet" idea... was never mentioned nor carried over in any media. The closest is probably the Life Support Belt things from TAS.

I mean... the Borg were originally going to be some kind of space crab aliens but that didn't work out.

I'm not knocking behind the scenes stuff at all. I kinda find it interesting that they had these ideas and that they are documented. HOWEVER when it comes to canon, behind the scenes intent doesn't translate to what we see on screen. Honestly... your example of the hypo going through the EV suit is kinda followed up in the TNG era that hypos, while typically still being used directly against the skin, can be used through uniforms.

And honestly the TOS EV suits limit visibility with those solid side pieces and being a whole unit mounted to the shoulders vs the DSC EV suits that have an actual head unit that allows for the wearer to actually TURN THEIR HEAD to see things around them without having to turn their whole body. The First Contact EV suits kept the design idea of a whole unit encasing the head mounted to the shoulders, which honestly is similar to how modern day space suits are designed, but they did make it so that the wearer doesn't have to fully turn their body to look around. We see similar ideas with the suits used for TMP and Enterprise, and even the first EV suit we see in Discovery. More visibility for the wearer. Discovery s2 gave us a slimmed down EV Suit from S1, and allowed for full head mobility.

Hell... I think I read something about some consultation with NASA over the s1 DSC suit.
    Granted, those big field generators on the sides of the helmet did block visibility, but I suspect that was done so the mesh could be a smooth arch which would make illusions (like the hypospray in the neck) easier and support whatever lighting it took to make the mesh look like it was glowing (none of which worked unfortunately).

SNW could use a modified version of the DSC helmet with the forcefield in place of the glass faceplate which would honor the original intent but be more practical than the TOS mesh one (not to mention look a lot better). A more radical approach would be to put oval rings on the shoulders instead of the TOS helmet's solid oval panels and have the field close all of the gaps.

A best of both worlds approach that assumes the suit forcefield tech is in its infancy would be to use the DSC helmet as-is but have an emergency field backing up the rather hinky glass visor for when the wearer needs access to skin (like for applying medication, or even just eating or drinking). The best part of this one is that it could be implemented with just a line or two of throwaway dialog like mentioning to Pike that if the new suits were available during the asteroid drop he would not have had to worry about the stuck visor.

Another, bolder eyecandy way to do it would be to have a helmet-crack incident and have rings deploy from the shoulders to put up the field independent of the physical helmet. A time-tension element could be added to that plot point by saying the battery will not last long and they have to get done with the job/get the helmet patched/whatever before it runs out.

As for the behind the scenes things in general, a number of them did make it into the episodes though they were so much more subtle than later Treks about it that they mainly have gone unnoticed.

The gesture controls were used in a very limited way by Spock in the first pilot to control the slides shown while he was briefing the bridge on the situation they were facing, Sulu and Uhura manipulated the "jewel buttons" in ways besides just pressing them like they were a keyboard (though few noticed that without Takei pointing it out in interviews), and in the two pilots the communication station's button configurations did change between scenes depending on who was sitting there and what they were doing (they stopped doing that because it was wasted effort, again because no one noticed).

Things like the UN/very early USA style organization of the Federation itself came through (again, very subtly) in dialog like in the aforementioned Wolf in the Fold. Even the changing salutations Kirk uses actually make sense if Starfleet was transitioning from an alliance organizational format that was a holdover from the Romulan war to the centralized, homogenized armed service seen later, and the official terminology switch happened shortly before the events of Dagger of the Mind.

Roddenberry never thought of the Federation as a unified government called "the Federation" before Coon came up with the name and proposed a more formal representation of what Roddenberry just referred to as the "Interstellar Community", and the working idea they were writing scripts on assumed that the various homeworlds fielded their own forces, hence UESPA, "Earth outposts" and whatnot in those early episodes which morphed into something closer to the present day EU but with a more UN style structure.

If SNW breaks out of the blindered view and thinks big and inclusive instead of the exclusionary and revisionist view of DSC there is an incredible amount of potential to tap into, and it could even heal the rift in the Trek fanbase if handled right.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    No. Very bad idea. This game does not need another Reputation. And if it is going to have another Reputation, the cheapest and fastest way to do so would be to copy/paste from one of the Reputations already ingame.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    No. Very bad idea. This game does not need another Reputation. And if it is going to have another Reputation, the cheapest and fastest way to do so would be to copy/paste from one of the Reputations already ingame.

Fast is not an issue, the show is not even out so there is no way to know what such a reputation could consist of to make it unique yet. Even if CBS brought the devs in for a sneak peek that would probably not be enough information to base a reputation on.

And copy/pasting is a waste of time, if two reps were identical (with maybe a few visual differences) all that would happen would be the players would pick one and ignore the other (though completionists would probably come back to the other eventually). If they do decide to make a rep for SNW (and since it is often the only practical way for F2P players to get set gear outside of the occasional event reward of an entire set I would be for it), there simply is no benefit to anyone, be they players or company, to cut corners like that.
This discussion has been closed.