test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rep Vanity Shields should have customizable colors, just like uniforms

aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hi everyone!

Rep Vanity Shields should have customizable colors, just like uniforms.

What do you think?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    What do you think?

I think that if a player could buy one vanity shield, but change the color to look like every other vanity shield, this kills that sales mechanic for them.

IOW, not gonna happen
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Yeah, this would essentially kill any reason for vanity shields. Not gonna happen.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    What do you think?

I think that if a player could buy one vanity shield, but change the color to look like every other vanity shield, this kills that sales mechanic for them.

IOW, not gonna happen

Unless they made only the colour customisable. Then players could still have a reason to buy more than one vanity shield if they want a different pattern, material (texture-wise) and so on.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Unless they made only the colour customisable. Then players could still have a reason to buy more than one vanity shield if they want a different pattern, material (texture-wise) and so on.

Yah, of course I mean JUST Colors, nothing else.

I see no reason to customize patterns or textures.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I don't see customizable vanity shields being possible. If it was like an outfit box that unlocked costume parts maybe. But not the actual item itself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Make the color customizer a one-time use item from the Dilithium Store.
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Make the color customizer a one-time use item from the Dilithium Store.

Yah, good idea, why not...
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Honestly only a few vanity shields are "color neutral" in terms of what they're trying to depict, a Romulan shield in neon yellow and pink would no longer be a Romulan shield (as Romulans never used those colors in their ship designs and neither did the Remans, which is where the Romulan rep vanity is based).

And that's assuming you could make that color customizable without rewriting significant parts of the game code, after all the vanity shields are a piece of gear that overrides the current customization options you have on your ship. Where uniforms are the customization option (same is true for hull patterns), so depending how the game is coded those could be very different things indeed.
This discussion has been closed.