test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't we have the STO "Classic", with access to older machines as well.

avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I for one miss the "Classic" STO. The STO is great, I play every day, but I would like to be able to play the original format as well. And giving older machines access as well. Their many games that have a original version and a new version, both up and running. And just to say it could mean more profit for STO. So what say you? Give it a try?

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    As a april fool's joke, we had access to "STO Classic" on the Redshirt test server a few years ago. It was a fun blast from the past. But according to the devs, the amount of work it required to even give us that little april fool's fun was monumental and the hurdles of making the old version accessible and playable on modern systems (at the time!) was a huge challenge.

STO would need at least a complete second team, only working on the classic content to maintain this. I think it's a cool idea, but probably not realistic.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    You may be right, the extra work may be a bit much. Too bad though, it could have been fun.
  • Options
    How about a smaller version of the classic sto, stand alone on disk. That you could play offline, like some of the older star trek games.
  • Options
    joarth72joarth72 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    (Off topic, ranting comments moderated out. FYI - If you're going to write a wall of text, punctuation is your friend - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    joarth72 wrote: »
    (Off topic, ranting comments moderated out. FYI - If you're going to write a wall of text, punctuation is your friend - BMR)

excuse me ? i didnt swear im only telling the facts why hide my feedback ? which part is ranting , may i ask ? it was indeed not the first time i send feedback never reply what did i say wrong ? i spended money on the game im not asking to give me a ship ? as i said im not arguing or anything , i get rude replies in facebook STO other pages (thats not belong to ARC but fans made pages) so i left those pages coz its been manyyears and indeed i have some questions and problems in the game to find someone to ask, im not a kid im 60 years old guy trying to play it right whats the problem of not giving feedback in fact i want ot try if theres a chance of reply which part i swear ? your promo infinity sale until april 2nd (its written in the STO news) the discount is gone now , was it finished i mean ended ?
  • Options
    or did i choose the wrong place to comment or which is best to send feedback , give some hints aty least dont just shut my feedback off and say gramma , ???? guide me then , thanks
  • Options
    if my english was bad go ahead laugh i dont mind coz im not american im asian im suck in english sorry abut that , not all romulans speask english well , apoloogies but im not here to argue or rant , dont get me wrong ,
  • Options
    I have no problem with a person speaking their mind. I rather prefer it than I know where I stand. And that did not sound like broken english to me, and I have heard broken english. Besides as long as you can get your meaning across to others well enough, that is all that matters.