test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iuppiter Iratus Dialog

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
The Anniversary Event is happening for us console players, and I'm wondering if the PC version had/has the same weird dialogue during Iuppiter Iratus.

During the TFO, Mirror Kuumarke and Mirror Tilly seem to be talking to Admiral Janeway (or any other Admiral, but I'm assuming Janeway, since she is the one giving the briefing). However, the retorts, the person ordering the Enterprise and Defiant to chase Mirror Kuumaarke, and our mid-TFO orders, are given by a random Rigelian captain.

Was Janeway's actress paid by the word/line, and the budget for her ran out mid-recording, so an in-house voice actor had to take over the dialog?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Possibly or they added extra dialogue after the fact.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @orangenee#2931 said:
    > Possibly or they added extra dialogue after the fact.

I bet this is it.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Voyager is present at the fight it can be hard to see but she's present.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    It mirrors the episode. The Rigelian is the commander of Jupiter Station. I normally play with the sound off. So I am not sure what they say in the TFO.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    qultuq wrote: »
    It mirrors the episode. The Rigelian is the commander of Jupiter Station. I normally play with the sound off. So I am not sure what they say in the TFO.

The Rigelian tell you either to clear the ships near Jupiter station or to close the portals and he does it every other second until you do it.

It's bloody annoying, I know what to do without being reminded about it that often I'm not that old yet.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    It's bloody annoying, I know what to do without being reminded about it that often I'm not that old yet.

I feel your pain, but I don't know how many times I've played that mission, and watched some idiot take a generator, blow up all the ships, then just circle the generator and never close the bloody portal.

Same goes the the ISS Enterprise, where you consantly hear the "attack the shieldships" line. Ignoring the AoE attacks, there are a lot of players who still will go directly at the Enterprise with beam overload while all 4 shield ships are up.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2022

Still, it's less annoying than Tilly's childish patter.
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User

The Rigelian tell you either to clear the ships near Jupiter station or to close the portals and he does it every other second until you do it.

I'll take that over "surrender to the terran empire". That gets old fast if you end up on a monster team that actually knows what they're doing.
This discussion has been closed.