test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank You for Bringing Back Endeavor Reroll Tokens

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
I just got an Endeavor Reroll Token from one of my Endeavor Boxes. I really appreciate y'all bringing these back in a way where we don't have to spend Dilithium. Which I never did, so I ended up slogging through some of the yucky ones.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    THANK YOU DEVs....So glad this was reverted back once more!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's great!

I still have a bunch from when they were dropping before. I don't use them often.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Nice! I agree—good call, team. I have never used one, but I may start using them now.

Some people were speculating on Reddit that removing the tokens adversely effected endeavor participation. I hope this is just a case of Cryptic being kind because it wasn’t a very great dilithium sink.

Anyway it is welcomed news. And I hope the next plan works better. Thanks developers!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Threads merged.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »

Some people were speculating on Reddit that removing the tokens adversely effected endeavor participation.

I know the similar mechanic in Admirality caused me to abandon it altogether, with the sole exception of grinding out the minimum needed to complete Recruit tasks. I've been told the same thing by quite a few people since they changed it.

I wouldn't mind seeing that reverted as well. Might be enough to get people back into it.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Devs: takes something away, then gives it back.

Me: Um..."thanks".

But yeah :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    I had stopped even bothering with anything that wasn't on the same map I was on anymore. I might move a bit to do some dabo but that was it... I had only been getting the ones that happened by accident.

I admit being able to reroll some silly ones might make me go and do something again. If I can get 2 done going to a ground map I might.

Anyway saying good change... taking them away just made a lot of people forget about endeavors for awhile. (at least I did anyway) Re rolls where never worth a bunch of Dill... especially seeing as most times the re roll wasn't any less annoying. lol
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Good change.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I also won a free Endeavor Reroll token doing a Personal Endeavor yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised! Never made sense to remove the option to get them through the Personal Endeavors and then make it dilithium only. Though that change did not affect my endeavor habits.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Letting them drop less often would be a good way to have it both ways. Use up the dropped ones and buy them if you need more.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I'm honestly stunned that they did it.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    I'm honestly stunned that they did it.

:o .... *speechless*

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
    echatty wrote: »
    Letting them drop less often would be a good way to have it both ways. Use up the dropped ones and buy them if you need more.

IIRC, that was one of the original suggestions -- like only from universals endeavors boxes or the VR ones. Or, as I think pointed out, normally you only get a set number of rewards from an endeavor box, but the tokens are 'rolled' separately from the loot they contain. Don't do that. Make the tokens a standard, albeit low-chance, reward. Then getting a reroll token has an inherent cost to it -- whatever else the box might have given you instead.

I think many of were reasonable regarding what they wanted to do with reroll tokens. We just weren't happy with how they went about it.

I think that's how it went last time.

Like I said, I use them so seldomly that I still have almost fifty of them sitting around and am starting to get them in drops again.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Seems they snuck it onto console versions too.

Works for me.
  • pjrabbitpjrabbit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    https://taskforcephoenix.wordpress.com/2019/09/21/endeavors-made-easy/ Try this one out for easy endeavor completion.
This discussion has been closed.