test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Repeating Bug in Shadows Advance

I got my main toon possibly, I don't know, halfway through the new mission? and the game shut down. Now whenever I try to play that character, I get error code CE-38700-8 and the game shuts down again, As of now (!) I can still log in as other characters, but I'm not trying that mission again anytime soon.

Comments

• spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Glad to see that this isn't just me. I get to the part where you have to protect Tilly while she's doing...something. I get that done and then go to leave the room...and the game crashes with that error. I did some reading and they said it could be an over heating problem...but I don't think so. This is the only game I'm having trouble with. I can watch youtube and other things just fine.

I don't know if it's just the one player that's affected or not. Frankly, I'm way too mad to try.
  • spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Another thing I noticed with the glitch...You can't see your character...at least I can't. Just a tiny bit of the top of her head bobbing around at the bottom of the frame. It won't let you change the camera distance like you're supposed to be able to.
  • dogofwar1138#6888 dogofwar1138 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Glad to see that this isn't just me. I get to the part where you have to protect Tilly while she's doing...something. I get that done and then go to leave the room...and the game crashes with that error.

That's my experience exactly. Went down the corridor outside after that and then, crash. I was able to switch characters after that and had no problems at all running other activities. Several in my fleet have had the same problem, it's the mission that's bugged, not your console.
  • sarniaspursarniaspur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've tried now with three separate characters and the result is always the same - crashes during the dialogue with Tilly just as I'm approaching the first intersection after taking the turbolift.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Kael popped in to say they've isolated what's causing it and will let us know when a fix is due.

In the mean time, leave that toon alone for a while then come back later and it should dump the crashy toon back in sector space.
  • gilles#8843 gilles Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Me too. So annoying after 3 attempts. More so as they applied the update before the last Event ended resulting in ps4 players not getting the last two giveaways due to the servers going down early for almost 2 days. Event Campaign 1 had same issue resulting in them not giving the last token to get the Epic Ship prize voucher.