test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing Issue on Console, Game is Still Locked

Comments

• kojekoje Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The server is up, the update is live, go enjoy, Console Captains, and thanks so much for your patience.

The final day of giveaways will be re-run and the anniversary event and borg resurgence will be extended, but both of these will occur with our update next week.

Red Shift causes game to crash at the same spot every time, just after regaining turbolift control with Tilly. Go up turbolift, and as soon as you turn the corner, crash. Not to mention the exocomps leave the room and basically run away as soon as you summon them while protecting Tilly, kinda funny actually and your ship can't fire it's torpedoes.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Even sector space is glitching, the stars are going mental.
  • wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    was in the mission and it froze on me,
  • wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    koje wrote: »
    The server is up, the update is live, go enjoy, Console Captains, and thanks so much for your patience.

The final day of giveaways will be re-run and the anniversary event and borg resurgence will be extended, but both of these will occur with our update next week.

Red Shift causes game to crash at the same spot every time, just after regaining turbolift control with Tilly. Go up turbolift, and as soon as you turn the corner, crash. Not to mention the exocomps leave the room and basically run away as soon as you summon them while protecting Tilly, kinda funny actually and your ship can't fire it's torpedoes.

yeah same thing here, right at that point

• omegag#6375 omegag Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @koje said:
    > Red Shift causes game to crash at the same spot every time, just after regaining turbolift control with Tilly. Go up turbolift, and as soon as you turn the corner, crash. Not to mention the exocomps leave the room and basically run away as soon as you summon them while protecting Tilly, kinda funny actually and your ship can't fire it's torpedoes.

Yep, after a certain point in mission on Jupiter station, my game crashed and every time I load back into my character, it crashes again and again, rendering the game unplayable. Also yeah the torpedoes won’t fire.
  • astralon#6669 astralon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Makes you wonder if they actually playtested this on an xbox, or what. Now my main character is locked out. After the game being down for a full 30 hours, they upload this broken mess.
  • whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    wildman38e wrote: »
    koje wrote: »

yeah same thing here, right at that point

xbox or playstation?
  • nanocht74nanocht74 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > There is a technical issue on Console this morning that is causing some crashes, so we're going to keep Xbox and Playstation locked until it's fixed. More information as it comes in, keep an eye on this thread.
    >
    > UPDATE ONE: The issue is, unfortunately, a bigger one that needs to be fixed by our Core team of engineers. We don't have an ETA for opening the game at this time.
    edited March 2022
    Well inside doing the quest and keeps crashing
  • sparkamusprime#9196 sparkamusprime Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2022
    > @"astralon#6669" said:
    > Makes you wonder if they actually playtested this on an xbox, or what. Now my main character is locked out. After the game being down for a full 30 hours, they upload this broken mess.

Don't you dare criticize their incompetence or the white knights will use you as a sacrificial lamb to signal their virtue to Ambassadork Ael and the ban-happy, non-paid (aka non-skilled) volunteer TRIBBLE brownshirts that call themselves moderators. "No problem masters. We'll tolerate your incompetence until the end of time. Break the game all you want. We don't care. We'll forever defend your trash product even as it destructs all around us! Please, please reward our tolerance and bring favor upon us." HAHAHAHAHA!!!! How pathetic.

None of this is a surprise! Who told you? I DID! How's that rollback option looking now?
    > @astralon#6669 said:
    > Makes you wonder if they actually playtested this on an xbox, or what. Now my main character is locked out. After the game being down for a full 30 hours, they upload this broken mess.

Don't you dare criticize their incompetence or the white knights will use you as a sacrificial lamb to signal their virtue to Ambassadork Ael... "No problem masters. We'll tolerate your incompetence until the end of time. Break the game all you want. We don't care. We'll forever defend your pathetic product even as it destructs all around us! Please, please reward our tolerance and bring favor upon us." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

None of this is a surprise! Who told you? I DID! How's that rollback option looking now?

Hi, white knight 01 here.

You'd be moaning either way, so don't try taking the high ground here. You've behaved like a spoiled brat the whole time.

If it makes you feel like a true champion of justice, the guy locked in crash central is the guy with most of my EC. Sure showed me.

Oh wait a second, I'll just play one of my alts instead who have the other half between them.

Be careful with your toys, or we'll take them off you. You almost hit your sister with that last tantrum. Unless you're an only child, which would explain a few things.

Now my steed needs feeding, delivering Kael back to his tower has worn poor Munich out.

• sparkamusprime#9196 sparkamusprime Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2022
    Once again... WTF are you even taking about? Sure showed you what? Whatever you're ranting about, you are way less important or consequential to me than you think you are. So get over yourself.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    edited March 2022
    This guy again. 🙄

"I can do this all day." - Captain America

Oh, and please don't quote the trolls. 😏
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    Makes you wonder if they actually playtested this on an xbox, or what. Now my main character is locked out.
    You're not; there's a fail-safe measure that boots you back to Sector Space if you're unable to load back into a mission for 5+ minutes

^It's basically always been there

Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    trek21 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they actually playtested this on an xbox, or what. Now my main character is locked out.
    You're not; there's a fail-safe measure that boots you back to Sector Space if you're unable to load back into a mission for 5+ minutes

The issue is the game locks up entirely. No way out of it.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2022

Then you just close the application, or put your system into a safe mode or even unplug it to hard-reset the situation, if necessary.

^Either way, once you can get back in game and access your character again, you won't be stuck in an infinite mission-loading/crashing loop because of the fail-safe measure
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.

Then you just close the application, or put your system into a safe mode or even unplug it to hard-reset the situation, if necessary.

^Either way, once you can get back in game and access your character again, you won't be stuck in an infinite mission-loading/crashing loop because of the fail-safe measure

It crashes before it loads up again. No way to get back in to abort, it's not a loading issue just duff code the console WTFs at.

You can dashboard just fine, just the game is locked up entirely when it happens. It's a buzz crash, Fallout 4 does it a lot.

I may get get lucky and get in long enough to get out again, but that will be a project for tomorrow.
  • nerothewolf#9666 nerothewolf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    People need to stop using this thread to argue repeatedly like immature little toxic brats on GTA 5.

If you don't agree with someone and want to say something thats fine, to do once but to turn it into a toxic argument over a public thread is not. so take your bull s*** argument somewhere else.
  • onetobeamup#7444 onetobeamup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @koje said:
    > Red Shift causes game to crash at the same spot every time, just after regaining turbolift control with Tilly. Go up turbolift, and as soon as you turn the corner, crash. Not to mention the exocomps leave the room and basically run away as soon as you summon them while protecting Tilly, kinda funny actually and your ship can't fire it's torpedoes.

One reason why I didn't bother trying Redshift, just went to the new TFO for event progress and had no issues, will wait till issues with mission resolved. At least I'm playing the game and happy to be back in after 24+ hours..
  • devastator9965#6255 devastator9965 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just got online the update is still downloading for me I don't know if someone asked what about the free Elite Captain Training Token from yesterday
  • quantumking#1690 quantumking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I wouldn't care as much about this new mission crashing if I could at least play as one of my other characters.. but i just get "the server is not responding" message after less then a minute or so after logging into one of the other characters.. game is basically unplayable for me till they fix it
  • scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I just got online the update is still downloading for me I don't know if someone asked what about the free Elite Captain Training Token from yesterday

Kael said we'll be able to get it next week.

• nerothewolf#9666 nerothewolf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    my game crashed aswell during the Red Shift mission same location as everyone else and did crash twice when I tried to load back into the game but in my case the 3rd time was the charm cause it let me back into it but im not going to retry the mission cause it's guaranteed to crash again and it's not a guarantee it'll let me back in again hope they can get it fixed within the next few days
  • I attempted Red Shift 4 times now, encountered the same bugs. Torpedoes won't fire, and that corner after taking turbolift controls with Killy always seems to crash instantly. I wonder if it's driving not just the players up the walls.
    > @whistlerdavid said:
    > xbox or playstation?

Xbox
  • stl024stl024 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I finally start playing the red shift mission after I logged in. Unfortunately, there's still some bugs that need to be dealt with. The controls during the space section of the mission was messed up, I couldn't fire any torpedos, and on ground segment of the mission, the camera cycle option was not working. Finally, when I got on the turbolift, the game crashed right there. Not only that, after I logged in again and tried to continue the mission, the game crashed again. I hope these issue get resolved soon.
  • quantumking#1690 quantumking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    they said on the facebook page their aware of the issue, but i wonder how long it will take to them to fix the patch so we can play since it affected all created characters when you load into the game even if your not playing the new mission
    > @"orangenee#2931" said:
    > Still a crash bug and the torpedoes don't work in the mission.
    >
    > So that character is now unusable thanks to said crash. Good job I played it on a toon I don't use much. Guess I'll try the TFO instead.
    F. I used my main room and have regretted it badly :/.
    > @"mutantcamel#2832" said:
    > Yep just hit it twice myself in almost exactly the same spot. After clearing transporter control, Tilly asks the Inquisitor what he’s doing there, if not for the Marshal. He responds, “I’m here for the Emperororirorororororr”… The sound flips out followed by a full CTD.
    LONG LIVE THE EMPERORORIRORORORORORR!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    For the love of spock do a rollback and actually playtest the redshit mission on the console platforms.

On PS4 the camera angle can't be changed once you leave voyager and is placed so high that only the top of your head is shown.

This also exacerbates the bouncing off the roof issue that came in with the nonsense design of being more "show accurate" that shrunk the corridors down but ignores the TV tricks of sets that vanish if the camera isn't there. It also plays into the problem where NPC's stand in the way of the reticle making a simple interaction a faff and combat a total chore.

Going by the typically bad chatter dialogues up to the point of crash I'm glad I opted to skip this mission on PC and if the game ever actually loads a character in without a crash I'll just stick to the TFO.
This discussion has been closed.