What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Soooooo... Doing the current event (First Contact Day, 2021), and rewards are choices of comm badges.. there are badges for just about everything.. Saurian.. two different Trill badge.. KLINGON... Why didn't Romulans get a comm badge? Can this please be added?

Andorian Badge
    Bajoran Religious Badge
    Benzite Badge
    Betazoid Badge
    Bolian Badge
    Caitian Badge
    Earth (Human) Badge
    Ferengi Badge
    Klingon Badge
    Liberated Borg Badge
    Pakled Badge
    Rigelian Badge
    Saurian Badge
    Tellarite Badge
    Trill Badge
    Trill Symbiosis Commission Badge
    Vulcan Badge

And Remans, and Gorn, and Naussicans, etc.

Short answer is because all of these requested races are not Starfleet-faction (Playable) Races. Klingon is there because the Fed-Klingon is playable. There's Trill and Joined Trill, considered separate races for character creation purposes. There's Caitians but not Ferasans, Vulcans but not Romulans. Betazoid is throwing me because I'm not sure if that's playable, but with the Troi family being such a major part of TNG-on, they had to do it.

That all said, I do think it'd be nice to have some of those suggested badges, especially if they were compatible with the Khitomer Alliance uniform, but I'm not expecting it. First Contact Day is very much a Human day, the way we celebrate it.

The Klingons are a playable faction, as are the Klingons. The Romulans are a faction, though it must be aligned with one of the other two... and has it's own starting stage with tutorial.

I've been playing STO since closed beta.. and I can't even think how many Benzite, Rigelian or PAKLED captains I've ever seen... but they have badges. There's an entire playable "faction" for Romulans/Remans.. but no badges. The Saurians, Trill, Benzite, Rigelian.. etc.. are merely species within the Federation.. and yet they have their own badges. Hell even Humans have a separate badge, aside from the Federation. But nothing for the Romulans. I'm sure it's just an oversight.. but I'm still hoping they'll be added.

ETA:
    All of the listed badges are playable species (if they're unlocked through the C-Store..) So, again.. I'm confused at the lack of the Romulans missing. The badges are account unlocks, not just for Federation players.. so my KDF Klingons can access their badge.. the KDF Liberated Borg can access their badge.. as can the KDF Trill..

• eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Again, my point of distinction is the difference between a Species and a Faction. First Contact Day is a Federation-focused event, and the badges offered are all Federation Species. Yes, Klingon is also its own faction, but there are Federation-faction Klingons as well. The races that --only-- exist as non-Federation, such as Romulans, Gorn, Jem'Hadar, do not have First Contact Day badges and probably will not get them.

On screen, the most prominent Federation Captains and senior officers were the founding Federation member species like Human, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, followed closely by ones made popular in series like Trill (thanks to the Daxes on DS9). I agree that there are very few players choosing Rigelian, Benzite, Pakled, etc. for their Federation faction captains, but the option is still there. Hence, as major Federation members that are also playable races, there's a badge for them.

That said, why there's a small handful of the badges that can be worn on just some uniforms, there's no consistency there, and I agree that that's weird. I'd sure like more options, and make them all active on all uniforms. But I also know that CBS has made specific statements about trying to keep Romulans out of Starfleet uniforms in game, so for all we know, maybe that's the real roadblock.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Again, my point of distinction is the difference between a Species and a Faction. First Contact Day is a Federation-focused event, and the badges offered are all Federation Species. Yes, Klingon is also its own faction, but there are Federation-faction Klingons as well. The races that --only-- exist as non-Federation, such as Romulans, Gorn, Jem'Hadar, do not have First Contact Day badges and probably will not get them.

On screen, the most prominent Federation Captains and senior officers were the founding Federation member species like Human, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, followed closely by ones made popular in series like Trill (thanks to the Daxes on DS9). I agree that there are very few players choosing Rigelian, Benzite, Pakled, etc. for their Federation faction captains, but the option is still there. Hence, as major Federation members that are also playable races, there's a badge for them.

That said, why there's a small handful of the badges that can be worn on just some uniforms, there's no consistency there, and I agree that that's weird. I'd sure like more options, and make them all active on all uniforms. But I also know that CBS has made specific statements about trying to keep Romulans out of Starfleet uniforms in game, so for all we know, maybe that's the real roadblock.

I'm surprised that Cardassians didn't get one this year considering they're a mostly Fed species seeing as their home planet government the Cardassian Union is Fed Aligned then again they're still missing ground weapons.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • mornmist01mornmist01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Could we get the ability to disable the visual on the new Risian Volcanology Kit? I mean masks are cool and all, but I've had to wear one for a year...
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Could we please get feline feet added to standard uniforms for Caitians and Ferasians? The Gorn have Reptile feet and both these races have bare paws available for off-duty outfits and swimwear, but for some reason can only wear ugly boots with standard uniforms.
  • xuaedanxuaedan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Could we get the Dyson Sphere Boots added to the lower Orion Bikini part pls? I can already use the Dyson Gloves and Glasses. Having my Orion Captain in a full Orion Bikini uniform with Dyson Glasses, Gloves, a "BOOTS" would look supper cool, sexy, and high tech. Would add a little flavor to that already great outfit.
  • chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    These are things I'd like to see as far as outfit designs or pieces.

1. Mirror Universe Kirk's gold vest
    2. Mirror Universe Georgiou Royal Trench coat
    3. vorta shirts and pants
    4. ferengi outfits as first seen on TNG
    5. Kazon outfits and hair styles
    6. more andorian outfits
    7. more vulcan outfits
    8. more lukari outfits
    9. stuff to make the founders and there outfits
    10. classic harry mudd outfits
    11. classic khan outfits from tos era.
    12. even some generic outfits for original character design options
    13. we need Benthan guard and civilian outfits also nose piece for the face.
    14.we need more Na'kuhl outfits and head pieces
    15. we iconian head and face parts
    16. suliban outfits
    17. vaadwaur head and face parts
    18. voth head and face parts
    19. vorgon outfits and head & face parts
    20. Xendi- primate , Reptillian , arboreal , aquatic , avian and Insectoid head,face & body parts and more outfits
    21. Talosian head , face parts and outfits
    22. TOS federation uniforms from the cage & where no mans gone before. as well weapons and gear
    23. TOS Capellan warrior & civilan outfits

what do ya think?
    > @chuckiii#3391 said:
    > These are things I'd like to see as far as outfit designs or pieces.
    >
    > 1. Mirror Universe Kirk's gold vest
    > 2. Mirror Universe Georgiou Royal Trench coat
    > 3. vorta shirts and pants
    > 4. ferengi outfits as first seen on TNG
    > 5. Kazon outfits and hair styles
    > 6. more andorian outfits
    > 7. more vulcan outfits
    > 8. more lukari outfits
    > 9. stuff to make the founders and there outfits
    > 10. classic harry mudd outfits
    > 11. classic khan outfits from tos era.
    > 12. even some generic outfits for original character design options
    > 13. we need Benthan guard and civilian outfits also nose piece for the face.
    > 14.we need more Na'kuhl outfits and head pieces
    > 15. we iconian head and face parts
    > 16. suliban outfits
    > 17. vaadwaur head and face parts
    > 18. voth head and face parts
    > 19. vorgon outfits and head & face parts
    > 20. Xendi- primate , Reptillian , arboreal , aquatic , avian and Insectoid head,face & body parts and more outfits
    > 21. Talosian head , face parts and outfits
    > 22. TOS federation uniforms from the cage & where no mans gone before. as well weapons and gear
    > 23. TOS Capellan warrior & civilan outfits
    >
    > what do ya think?

Some of those I can see but others I don’t think they would put in
  • byakko#2978 byakko Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    KDF need more outfit chooices same with romulans I know there not much information on their outsits, but some creative freedom would be needed.
    and the options of buying more uniforms with zen instead of Lobi Stone would be nice as well.
  • ravs508#6773 ravs508 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Captain's Jackets would great. I know we have admiral's jackets when we reach it, but Captain also had some uniform perks too.

anovos-jacket-1.jpg

darmok-and-jalad-and-a-sweet-new-suede-jacket-at-tanagra-1603044073.jpg

• themightytigger#8222 themightytigger Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    c4r2q593vnl4.jpg

I want a fedora. Like Dixon Hill. And a trench coat.

But I want a fedora
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Soooooo... Doing the current event (First Contact Day, 2021), and rewards are choices of comm badges.. there are badges for just about everything.. Saurian.. two different Trill badge.. KLINGON... Why didn't Romulans get a comm badge? Can this please be added?

Andorian Badge
    Bajoran Religious Badge
    Benzite Badge
    Betazoid Badge
    Bolian Badge
    Caitian Badge
    Earth (Human) Badge
    Ferengi Badge
    Klingon Badge
    Liberated Borg Badge
    Pakled Badge
    Rigelian Badge
    Saurian Badge
    Tellarite Badge
    Trill Badge
    Trill Symbiosis Commission Badge
    Vulcan Badge

And Remans, and Gorn, and Naussicans, etc.

Short answer is because all of these requested races are not Starfleet-faction (Playable) Races. Klingon is there because the Fed-Klingon is playable. There's Trill and Joined Trill, considered separate races for character creation purposes. There's Caitians but not Ferasans, Vulcans but not Romulans. Betazoid is throwing me because I'm not sure if that's playable, but with the Troi family being such a major part of TNG-on, they had to do it.

That all said, I do think it'd be nice to have some of those suggested badges, especially if they were compatible with the Khitomer Alliance uniform, but I'm not expecting it. First Contact Day is very much a Human day, the way we celebrate it.

The Klingons are a playable faction, as are the Klingons. The Romulans are a faction, though it must be aligned with one of the other two... and has it's own starting stage with tutorial.

I've been playing STO since closed beta.. and I can't even think how many Benzite, Rigelian or PAKLED captains I've ever seen... but they have badges. There's an entire playable "faction" for Romulans/Remans.. but no badges. The Saurians, Trill, Benzite, Rigelian.. etc.. are merely species within the Federation.. and yet they have their own badges. Hell even Humans have a separate badge, aside from the Federation. But nothing for the Romulans. I'm sure it's just an oversight.. but I'm still hoping they'll be added.

ETA:
    All of the listed badges are playable species (if they're unlocked through the C-Store..) So, again.. I'm confused at the lack of the Romulans missing. The badges are account unlocks, not just for Federation players.. so my KDF Klingons can access their badge.. the KDF Liberated Borg can access their badge.. as can the KDF Trill..

And that brings up the mess that there is no way to tell a Romulan KDF aligned Bridge Officer from a Fed aligned one until you crack it, which severely limits the uniform and badge options, but both are claimable by a Romulan of either faction alignment.
    Can we please have those awesome Confederation badges and uniforms from this weeks Picard episode? The ship registry would be nice also. :D
  • realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned before, but I'd like to see the
    "Strange New Worlds"-uniforms.

I know, you can get close by re-colouring the Discovery-uniforms, but it's not quite right (especially the parts that only take metallic colours are a problem, and the neck is different)
    Would definitely like to see strange new worlds uniform
  • corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    2016 teaser Discovery concept for all crossfield variants, Ross class dreadnought for the galaxy dreadnought, Miranda Gamma nacelles for constitution class, Enterprise A skin for both Kelvin timeline connies.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    My humble request for uniforms/costumes/tailor:
    -Any markings for the Alien race (all factions) to extend beyond the neck downward (markings are currently limited only to the head and neck) This is noticeable when Aliens with any sort of body markings (example: Kobali) are wearing scant clothing like swimwear.
    -Unlocked tailor outfit components to be available to mix-and-match under Uniforms instead of being restricted to their dedicated Outfit tab (example: reputation armors currently limited to their own outfits).
  • My humble request for uniforms/costumes/tailor:
    -Any markings for the Alien race (all factions) to extend beyond the neck downward (markings are currently limited only to the head and neck) This is noticeable when Aliens with any sort of body markings (example: Kobali) are wearing scant clothing like swimwear.
    -Unlocked tailor outfit components to be available to mix-and-match under Uniforms instead of being restricted to their dedicated Outfit tab (example: reputation armors currently limited to their own outfits).

This is also an issue with Romulan characters that are KDF aligned. If you select "Host" as the color pattern in the tailor: some outfits will carry it down as far as the waist; but, you can't see it on screen. Sometimes, it will let you select the "Trill" pattern on certain outfits; but, you lose the ability to select an "undershirt." Its kinda weird what is and is not available. In theory: if a "skin pattern" was selected on the "head" portion during character creation: that pattern should follow from head to toe so to speak. However, it seems like this was added as later "feature" and didn't quite jive all the way through the system. My advice: would to try to be patient and hope that the devs can figure out how to fix it. I agreed that it can be rather hodgepodge at times; but, patience is a key in all things (STO included). As old as this thread is: it is quite possible things like this are being tracked and possibly scheduled to be looked into at some point. I for one would love to have my Romulan Alien KDF Allied toon have "Trill" spots as it would be an awesome character to create as what could have been a possibly great grandson or granddaughter of Worf and Jadzia in another timeline/universe. True, that does get in to the RP aspect and I don't want to go off topic; but, such fixes would open up more "paths' for players to experience their characters as. At least: that is my humble opinion.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    My humble request for uniforms/costumes/tailor:

This is also an issue with Romulan characters that are KDF aligned. If you select "Host" as the color pattern in the tailor: some outfits will carry it down as far as the waist; but, you can't see it on screen. Sometimes, it will let you select the "Trill" pattern on certain outfits; but, you lose the ability to select an "undershirt." Its kinda weird what is and is not available. In theory: if a "skin pattern" was selected on the "head" portion during character creation: that pattern should follow from head to toe so to speak. However, it seems like this was added as later "feature" and didn't quite jive all the way through the system. My advice: would to try to be patient and hope that the devs can figure out how to fix it. I agreed that it can be rather hodgepodge at times; but, patience is a key in all things (STO included). As old as this thread is: it is quite possible things like this are being tracked and possibly scheduled to be looked into at some point. I for one would love to have my Romulan Alien KDF Allied toon have "Trill" spots as it would be an awesome character to create as what could have been a possibly great grandson or granddaughter of Worf and Jadzia in another timeline/universe. True, that does get in to the RP aspect and I don't want to go off topic; but, such fixes would open up more "paths' for players to experience their characters as. At least: that is my humble opinion.

The body pattern blocking the undershirt selection probably means the pattern is on that undershirt layer with an invisible base color for the undershirt so all you see is the pattern. It is a fairly common practice to do that kind of thing if the pattern is a late addition and so lacks its own dedicated layer.
  • realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I'd like to see the Enterprise-aera (22c) Andorian Imperial Guard Uniforms

e9uieg4rwiu6.jpg
    [Screenshot from Enterprise Season 3 Episode 13 "Proving Ground"]
  • reelaren#1184 reelaren Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    More male hairstyles.

option to change the NPC uniforms to different ERAS would be great.
    TOS, TNG, DS9, etc etc.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    I still want to see the reptilian tail on that one aliengen Fed Captain combat NPC, who last showed up in The Fujiwhara Effect, as shown here:

(I goofed on the image link and can't remove it to fix it.)
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I still want to see the reptilian tail on that one aliengen Fed Captain combat NPC, who last showed up in The Fujiwhara Effect, as shown here:

If we get the Reptilian tail, we should also get the Caitian tail in Alien Gen as well.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User

If we get the Reptilian tail, we should also get the Caitian tail in Alien Gen as well.

That would be nice, although I've seen people use that to refute the possibility of the reptilian tail making it in.
  • hippis#7044 hippis Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Is there any probability for Confederation of Earth Uniform. Both Picard and enlisted men ?
    Is there any probability for Confederation of Earth Uniform. Both Picard and enlisted men ?

Hopefully! I would like both of those as well.