test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Kolhr Temporal Warbird

2»

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    The range of the pull portion of Gravity Well scales with your Control stat. It starts at 20% of maximum and then increases 1% per 4 points (so max range is at 400 Control). If you have less than 150 Control that means your range is less than half of maximum... and the maximum for GW1 is only 8km, so you're talking 4km. Or less.

VCIS, while it doesn't pull, will immobilize in a similar range with NO stat requirement.

So more than likely VCIS will be a better choice for your purpose.

VCIS seemed to do well during a test run and parse of The Ninth Rule. About 10% of total damage was cold (Cryonic Turbulence), another 4% was physical (am guessing Timeline Collapse). It's hard to put a number on Chronometric Inversion Field as part of it is defensive and voodo entropy stuff but assume it adds to the physical.

I'm getting a 4km tooltip radius from TLC, 5 km for CIF, with VCIS fixed at 3 km. Didn't use Gravity Well but CtrlX was at 166 so yeah less than 4 km radius even with a respec... 1 Conductive RCS [CtrlX] + an Assimilated Module + 2 points skill tree. EPG was at 85... 2 points skill tree.

It's going to be tough to beat the Crystalline Energy torpedo the way Jinno has it buffed up but at least he has multiple options.

I'd like to see him try full 2x A2B with 5 cannons front but he is very stubborn :p

Perhaps the best way to proceed is to set him up with a parser to have a closer look at things -

CLR / SCM
  • jinno1993#9127 jinno1993 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    protoneous wrote: »
    It's going to be tough to beat the Crystalline Energy torpedo the way Jinno has it buffed up but at least he has multiple options.

I'd like to see him try full 2x A2B with 5 cannons front but he is very stubborn :p

CLR / SCM

ahahahahahahah I know I am, sorry T_T
    The problem is that I always struggle to get dil and EC, so I always have limited choices.

For example, I didn't tryed the Colony TAC Consoles.

As for 2x A2B, it's probably going to be my build on the FED ton
    QUICK QUESTION:

I already have 2 Delphic Antiproton Turret in Aft Slots, and I was thinking about switching the KCB for a 3rd turret.
    I have 1 Herald Antiproton Turret in Bank, but could buy a 3rd Delphic one (24M ECs).

which one should I take ?
    I noticed Herald Antiproton ones are more expensive, but maybe it would be better a 3rd Delphic one.

Or should I take some rep gear ?
    I already have 2 Delphic Antiproton Turret in Aft Slots, and I was thinking about switching the KCB for a 3rd turret.
    I have 1 Herald Antiproton Turret in Bank, but could buy a 3rd Delphic one (24M ECs).

which one should I take ?
    I noticed Herald Antiproton ones are more expensive, but maybe it would be better a 3rd Delphic one.

Or should I take some rep gear ?

Now that weapons proc per cycle rather than by shot the main difference between Antiproton types is cosmetic. Think the Herald is blue and Delphic is red. You should google them if appearance is important. The STO wiki shows photos of each energy type. Crafted weapons can be nice as they are account bound.

Can't think of any reputation gear sets specific to AP that involves a rear turret but would keep all the usual things such as the Assimilated Module and Lorca Console. Also the Romulan reputation Zero-Point Energy Conduit could be considered.

Here are some numbers from two ships similar to the Kolhr Warbird while doing advanced difficulty patrols...

Very Cold in Space III (with the equivalent of 2 skill points in EPG or +85) did about 7% of total damage (grouped enemies helped with this)

A rear turret did about 10%.

A Kinetic Cutting Beam did about 5%.

The Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher did up to 20% of total damage but sometimes averaged a bit lower at 14%.
    Yeah I ... don't have the Obelisk Carrier xD
    I started this toons years after that event.

I only have the Omni-Beam and probably could afford the Core (but it's Warp, not Sing, so it's useless) ... and even if it was Sing, it would still be useless. The Console would be good but, out of reach for me, unless they put it in Phoenix some day.

I already have Nukara 2pcs Set.
    And yeah, I'm running Epic Martok Console atm ... it's good.

Honestly, I'm ok with consoles and stuff, I just want to replace the KCB with a 3rd turret.
    Delphic ones seems cool for thei proc: even if it's per cycle, with 3 of them I'll have a 7,5% chance per cycle to get +10% CrtH and +10% CrtD ... it's a good bonus I think, even if it's hard to proc.

Best option would be the Baul Omni-Beam with Baul Console, for the 2pcs set, but that's lobi stuff... I really need to get lobi crystals D:
    edited February 2022
    little update ...

I switched a Vulnerability Locator with Lorca's Console... these are the numbers

Crystaline Torpedo: 13.590 (VL) | 13.193 (Lorca)
    AP DHCs: 3.614 (VL) | 3.438 (Lorca)

Honestly ... there's not that much difference, I expected worse, so ... yeah, Lorca looks better.
    Of course these number are taken from tooltip while orbiting New Romulus, so probably are not the real ones in battle (I expect them to be way higher) but ... yeah, considering there's not that much difference, then probably a 2% more CrtH and 160 Shield Penetration is better.

I'm wondering (cause yeah, it disturbs me a lot to have single pieces of sets): what about the discovery torpedo ?
    Would be good on my build ?

I mean, I don't expect it to outperform the crystalline one, but maybe the 2pcs bonus of lorca's set may be good for my build (enhancing DHCs with 25% more CrtD).
    I find the Dsc wide angle heavy dual beam bank to be better for the Lorca 2 piece as it allows that CrtD bonus to stack. It's great for a forward weighted disruptor or phaser beam build, and even some science builds.

I am a fan of both the Dark Matter torpedo and story line Quantum Phase torp in conjunction with some of their other set pieces.

Tool tips don't take a lot of things into account so a parser or damage calculator can come in handy versus trying to do all that math.

https://reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/fqtepj/introducing_the_energy_weapon_dps_calculator/
    Ok, I did some tests today:

Starbase One Defense (Advanced): didn't find that much difference with the new build, but BoP dies quickly anyway. Heavier ships looked almost the same to kill.

Dranuur Gauntlet (Advanced): it looked WAY better (faced Elachi) with the new build. But I have to say I was near a guy with an extreme build who applied lots of debuffs, so it's hard to find out if was my build better, or was his job.
    Just as a recap here are some various options to keep in mind for any player building a Warbird or ship.

Ablative Hazard Shielding for the 2 piece set bonus is really just a starter set. The Emergency Weapon Cycle starship trait takes care of weapons cost reduction and a Reactive Armor Catalyst or craftable Hull Patch can be used more often for heals.

1-2 points into EPG in a skill tree versus crafted Exotic Particle Field Exciter science Console can save a console slot. A little EPG can help wake up quite a few boff abilities. For example the tactical template is my usual skill tree for directed energy builds, but can be adjusted for a second point of EPG and even some Control or Drain Expertise.

Console Engineering Reinforced Armaments versus crafted Conductive RCS Accelerator engineering console. The story line reward does lots of good things for many builds and it's free.

Console Engineering House Martok Defensive Configuration. Another great story line reward that can be good on it's own.

Emergency Conn Hologram from the Phoenix prize pack plus Emergency Power to Engines to reset Evasive Maneuvers comes in real handy. Why wait to come out of red alert to get around a map ?

Deuterium Surplus are craftable and a good mobility booster.

Stamets-Tilly Field Modifications 2 piece Core and Shield great for +Hull Capacity +Hull Regeneration +Enemy Shield Damage

Competitive Engines either Fortified (predictable speed boost) or Innervated (go really fast). Get to where you are going sooner.

Lorca's Custom Fire Controls in place of a final tactical console is recommended.

When filling a empty console slot adding more Critical Chance from the consoles listed in the link is usually a good bet unless you're already at 100%
    This is my build atm: https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/82a40f468895ccaae9c0e342fe069b23

As 10th space trait I have Helmsman (Skill planner doesn't have 10th Trait Slot).
    As 6th ship trait I have Programmable Matter Enhancements (doesn't exists on Skill Planner).
    Also, this does not show in skill planner: what BOFFs are you using? (Species / space traits)
    Already have 5 sup. operatives.
    Personally, if that was my build...
    Alternatives could include...

2x A2B, PO2 + 1x A2B (current), or PO2 only for cool downs.

Directed energy focus (current) or more Temporal/science focused with or without torpedo(s).

There's room for some temporal bridge officer abilities as well as a couple of offensive science abilities or a combination of the two.

With a slightly refocused skill tree some points now assigned to engineering readiness, shield mastery, hardness and capacity could be redistributed into two points each of EPG and Control X if needed.

A lot of these things have already been suggested so there's lots of different options and variety available to anybody building this Warbird.

For the most part this particular build seems to have been simply ported over from the Ar'kif.

Thankfully the Kinetic Cutting Beam has been replaced with a turret.

In my view, the only consoles remaining that don't seem to serve a clear purpose are the crafted science console and Ablative Hazard Shielding.

I find the Valdore Console to be a significant source of shield restoration. It's quite possible that RSP isn't really needed if the Valdore Console is used.

The Crystalline Absorption Matrix was in a previous build version. I liked it for it's passive damage resistance and clickie.

- I would think about replacing the "Ablative Hazard Shielding" and " Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator" consoles with two of the +AP Damage universals (of which there are five - the two from the 10th and 11th Anniversary ships, the lockbox "Polymporhic Probes", and the event/phoenix "Crystalline Absorption Matrix" and "Voth Phase Decoy")... each of those will give about half of the +AP Damage bonus that you get from one of your Locators.

- Since you do have the Technicians.... I would swap out "Reverse Shield Polarity I" for a second copy of "Auxiliary to Battery I". This would allow you to alternate them and have one ready as soon as the global partial cooldown expires. In turn, THAT allows you to remove "Photonic Officer II" and use that slot for another Science skill.

Also, this does not show in skill planner: what BOFFs are you using? (Species / space traits)

I actually like Valdore set consoles, especially the Shield Healing one, which allows me to go without any Sh. Healing Skills (except for RSP, which is for emergency).

The other is not bad as well, and sometimes I use it as an ULTRA-emergency skill (when RSP is not available). Not really needed, but I use it sometimes, and since I still need the other...

As for swapping out RSP ... Protoneous told me about 100 times, but ... I just can't. I like that skill too much.
    I know it's growing weaker and weaker, since the Shield Penetration bonuses that are coming out lately, but ... it's still a great help for survival in PVE.

BOFFs are x5 SROs.
    protoneous wrote: »
    Already have 5 sup. operatives.
    Alternatives could include...

2x A2B, PO2 + 1x A2B (current), or PO2 only for cool downs.

Directed energy focus (current) or more Temporal/science focused with or without torpedo(s).

There's room for some temporal bridge officer abilities as well as a couple of offensive science abilities or a combination of the two.

With a slightly refocused skill tree some points now assigned to engineering readiness, shield mastery, hardness and capacity could be redistributed into two points each of EPG and Control X if needed.

A lot of these things have already been suggested so there's lots of different options and variety available to anybody building this Warbird.

For the most part this particular build seems to have been simply ported over from the Ar'kif.

Thankfully the Kinetic Cutting Beam has been replaced with a turret.

In my view, the only consoles remaining that don't seem to serve a clear purpose are the crafted science console and Ablative Hazard Shielding.

I find the Valdore Console to be a significant source of shield restoration. It's quite possible that RSP isn't really needed if the Valdore Console is used.

The Crystalline Absorption Matrix was in a previous build version. I liked it for it's passive damage resistance and clickie.

Indeed, Valdore Console and Crystalline Matrix are great for survival, but there are scenarios where RSP is needed (when targeted by lots of enemies with both energy and torpedoes): RSP means torpedoes will always hit shields (against Tzen'kethi I always use all the defensive abilities I've got before front-assaulting their battleships, and often I survive with only 30-40% Hull Cap).

Then if there are still enemies around I use the Ablative Generator to have some "shielding" before I start firing again. It works, I'm used to it.

Not saying it's the only way, but I like it. Probably I'll try some alternatives in the future, now that I've completed this build.
    Hi guys, here we go again.

Recently I've tried Discovery 2pcs set on my FED Toon, and I have to say: it's impressive !
    The hull regeneration works great 3-4% per tick (about 2 ticks per second if I saw correctly) ... dammit !

I got hit by Tzenkethi ships multiple time, and regenerated almost instantly !
    I was wondering if it could be good on this ship as well.

Of course this is not a cruiser, and I know it would be squishier, but I have to say that the pieces bonuses are great:
    - Shields give +10% Shield Damage and +10% Hull Cap (which alone is slightly better than the actual Nukara set).
    - Engines gives a lot of Shield Power in combat (which isn't really needed, since I'm already at 75 - to trigger AMP from core) but it's not bad either.
    - Core also gives +Hull Cap which is good, but I'm not sure if it's as good as the Fleet Colony one.

my doubts are:
    - Engines look cool, but it's a COMBAT Engine (which is the worst type, isn't it ?)
    - Core, it doesn't look better than the actual fleet one, which gives better Power Level Bonus and -10% Weapons Power Cost.
    Hi guys, here we go again.

Recently I've tried Discovery 2pcs set on my FED Toon, and I have to say: it's impressive !
    The hull regeneration works great 3-4% per tick (about 2 ticks per second if I saw correctly) ... dammit !

I got hit by Tzenkethi ships multiple time, and regenerated almost instantly !
    I was wondering if it could be good on this ship as well.

Of course this is not a cruiser, and I know it would be squishier, but I have to say that the pieces bonuses are great:
    - Shields give +10% Shield Damage and +10% Hull Cap (which alone is slightly better than the actual Nukara set).
    - Engines gives a lot of Shield Power in combat (which isn't really needed, since I'm already at 75 - to trigger AMP from core) but it's not bad either.
    - Core also gives +Hull Cap which is good, but I'm not sure if it's as good as the Fleet Colony one.

my doubts are:
    - Engines look cool, but it's a COMBAT Engine (which is the worst type, isn't it ?)
    - Core, it doesn't look better than the actual fleet one, which gives better Power Level Bonus and -10% Weapons Power Cost.

The 2 piece Discovery Reputation core or singularity plus shield work great on any ship and are a great compliment to Competitve Engines and your Elite Fleet Colony Intervention deflector.

Things not to be concerned about -
    • AMP blah nobody cares about this anymore
    • Combat engines - use Competitive engines instead either Fortified (predictable) or Innervated (go fast always)
    • Weapons power cost reduction and haste - you have Emergency Weapon Cycle so this is mostly taken care of