test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Previously purchased items no longer available to reclaim?

wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 116 Arc User
So I just rolled a new alt and I was going through gearing him up. When I got around to reclaiming the Polytrinic Acid Horta, I noticed that it had a price tag of 300 zen on it. I've had that Horta for years, I still have it on my main toon. I was confused. So I looked through the store at other items that I have purchased and still have on many of my toons, these include the Sehlat, the IDIC Tribble, the Type 8 shuttle pet, the Exocomp pet, and the Gekli Companion. All of these are labelled with a zen price tag, where I would expect to see an 'available' label. Is this in error or will these items have to be repurchased?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Like @keepcalmchiveon says, an item can appear in different tabs. That's partly because the zen store purchases are different from other unlocks for the same item.

Check the Promotions tab for unlocks from things like donating to charity, and check the Events reclaim tab if that is where you earned them, and the Dil store for because reasons? (It used to hold some reclaim items, not sure if that's still true.)

Three other possibilities:
    - some store items are single-character unlocks so you must re-buy them for each character
    - you might have gotten some items from Phoenix tokens, which are also per-character purchases
    - older event rewards were per-character so you needed to grind the event separately for each character, and new characters did not get the reward
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    It's possible that your previous character got things from an event, in which case they may be in the Event Reclaim or (if they are really old) they may have been single character only.

The (flyable) Type 8 shuttle (not the pet)... is a special case, in that it shows in the shipyard but ONLY after a certain point of story progress.

Good point - Romulans (and Jem'Hadar?) might also be missing other items until after you make your faction choice.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

The gem in there is Borticus saying, "Yes, we're aware of the issue, and have been discussing possible solutions internally. We hope to have it resolved in the near future." from **two years ago**. 'Near future' has a very different meaning to me.
    I mean it's got to be deliberate at this point, like some internal joke. There's just no way to butcher stats and dates so consistently on every blog either. No wonder there's such low credibility when it comes to ...anything.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't all those things used to be single character purchases until they made everything in the Personel tab account purchases recently (no more than 2 yrs ago).

I also recall Cryptic at the time saying that those who bought anything from the Personel tab while they were single character purchases would have to buy them again to unlock for the account. There were also many bugs around this not working.
This discussion has been closed.