test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No 2022 campaign progress

13»

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    I lost 50 points too but as other people stated its 1 day. Seriously nothing is that important in the game that couldn't wait a single day.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I lost 50 points too but as other people stated its 1 day. Seriously nothing is that important in the game that couldn't wait a single day.

Agreed. Same here. I lost a day. But bugs happen and it is really no big deal. Doesnt even measure a 0.1 on the Earthquake scale :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    It seems this event is starting on consoles next week.......I do hope it's not at the same time as the Anniversary.

In any case I also hope this bug is corrected or we'll have extra salt on the forum.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I am as critical as the next person.. maybe even more so.. but even if they didn't extend it.. we lost one day..

Seriously.. one day.

You know I love to kick Cryptic when they're down.. but c'mon. Even I think this is a petty thing to be upset about. It didn't work, they fixed it the next day..

It's time to move on. :lol:

For the record, this didn't effect me at all.

That said, 1 day doesn't matter on the front end, but it matters a lot on the back end. If anyone who was effected by this bug misses the event by 1 day, Cryptic needs to credit them for the bug.
    But they won't.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Many people have put in support tickets for the one day. They have posted their replies on reddit and are all receiving the same reply:
    While the event is now properly counting progress since the fix the development is looking into options in regards to the first days progress, including simply extending the end date 0of the event as a hole to make sure nobody misses out by a single day.

As soon as they have come up with the appropriate option, they will be sure to include their decision on our social media outlets as well as our new page.

So that's where it currently is.
    Only after the problem is fully fixed, this problem has a 2 stage solution.
    Step 1 FIX THE DAMN ERROR IN THE CODE!
    Step 2 ISSUE 50 CAMPAIGN POINTS PER PERSON FOR THE DAY LOST!

Only then is it considered fixed. Right now the problem is ongoing till it is fully fixed!
    For some of us that 1 day means alot for you guys that it doesnt thats your descision it wont effect or change MINE!

Man, you are one angry dude. I picture the caps parts being you screaming this into your monitor.. please tell me I am misreading that, because it really seems like you need a vacation. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    Many people have put in support tickets for the one day. They have posted their replies on reddit and are all receiving the same reply:
    While the event is now properly counting progress since the fix the development is looking into options in regards to the first days progress, including simply extending the end date 0of the event as a hole to make sure nobody misses out by a single day.

As soon as they have come up with the appropriate option, they will be sure to include their decision on our social media outlets as well as our new page.

So that's where it currently is.
    Only after the problem is fully fixed, this problem has a 2 stage solution.
    Step 1 FIX THE DAMN ERROR IN THE CODE!
    Step 2 ISSUE 50 CAMPAIGN POINTS PER PERSON FOR THE DAY LOST!

Only then is it considered fixed. Right now the problem is ongoing till it is fully fixed!
    For some of us that 1 day means alot for you guys that it doesnt thats your descision it wont effect or change MINE!

Man, you are one angry dude. I picture the caps parts being you screaming this into your monitor.. please tell me I am misreading that, because it really seems like you need a vacation. :lol:

Years of issues, problems, and unconsidered suggestions that would improve the game causes that :) so YES on a scale of 1 to 10 i am around 100000000000000000000. and growing.

As a long time player myself.. I get it.

Don't let them ruin your day though man, the things they do (or more appropriately, don't do) are outside your realm of control. It can be frustrating, sure.. but it's just not worth the anger.

When they intentionally make obviously ridiculous changes like the stupid re-roll token fee, I get aggravated with them.. stuff like this is a technical issue and those you just have to roll with. That's how I look at it anyway. :smile:
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    glad it's WAI for me
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Man, you are one angry dude. I picture the caps parts being you screaming this into your monitor.. please tell me I am misreading that, because it really seems like you need a vacation. :lol:

LOL, I don’t want to imagine that dude ever facing any sort of real life problems. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Man, you are one angry dude. I picture the caps parts being you screaming this into your monitor.. please tell me I am misreading that, because it really seems like you need a vacation. :lol:

LOL, I don’t want to imagine that dude ever facing any sort of real life problems. :D

No kidding. Of all the things in life to get worked up over, *THIS* isn't one of them. Mildly annoyed? Sure. But anything beyond that is way out of proportion.

Moderately vexed is where my line is.

I mean I'm an angry dude too but I don't think a days progress warrants wheeling my trebuchet out in front of the Cryptic offices.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I, too, missed a day of campaign credit. I do not think we will get it back from Cryptic and, in addition, I do not think we will even hear another word from them about it. This may not be a big deal for most people, but I do want to give a little bit of perspective for those who are so adamant that this should not matter to anyone.

First, there is the general customer service aspect of it. You put in the work as a player, you expect to get the reward. If this were a problem with getting the reward for a repeatable mission, sure, rerun the mission when things are fixed and you get the reward. No harm. With events, though, things are not as easily made up. If there were a daily progress bug with the borg event rather than the campaign, some of the same players who say the 50 point loss is not a big deal might be complaining that a 1 day loss at the start could mean a sizeable chunk of bonus dilithium at the end.

Or what if the missed day of progress wasn't the first event, but the last one? Would it matter then? What if it was a day of the final week of the final event? Would you expect an extension or for Cryptic to maybe just give you the 50 points of progress?

Then there is using your experience with the game as a guide rather than thinking of how other situations may be different. The event campaign is (or has been with the previous campaigns) basically designed so that if you run each event to its reward (usually 14 days of progress), you will have just enough campaign progress to complete the reward there as well (14x5x50=3500). So for a player who does not have much time to play each week, just making that 14 days might be a challenge. In which case the loss of a day means more.

And there is always the possibility of circumstances beyond your control. Last year a friend of mine had a natural disaster make their house uninhabitable for a few months. This friend missed out on almost two full campaign events and it was only sheer luck that allowed us to plan out a schedule for the final event to finish their campaign progress. (Thank goodness for the 20 hour timer that provides some wiggle room in "daily".) Imagine yourself in that situation and you get to the end of a year long campaign, you push to make all the progress, and you see you might come up a day short. Would you not think back to that day in February where you did the work and did not get the credit?

Again, none of this is the end of the world. The 50 campaign progress or even missing the reward at the end if that were to happen. But it is frustrating. And it is important in the context of a game that people can use to get away from stress or pressure for a short while. Especially these past few years. So if the loss of 50 points is not a big thing to you, great. Just don't use that as a reason to berate or belittle others who might see the matter differently for whatever reason.

thanks.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    50 points is nothing. It is a bit sloppy, though. Since everyone got the daily tokens, you'd need to spend ca. 5 mins on writing a small script that sets everyone's event progess to 'dailies x 50 points.' There's no money in fixing bugs, though. So, it's irritating, more so than me really missing the measly 50 points (in fact, 50 is so llittle, the truly depressing thing was to see I'm only at 50 out of 3,500, LOL). Still need that Janeway class ship, so it's going to be a long wait.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    50 points is nothing. It is a bit sloppy, though. Since everyone got the daily tokens, you'd need to spend ca. 5 mins on writing a small script that sets everyone's event progess to 'dailies x 50 points.' There's no money in fixing bugs, though. So, it's irritating, more so than me really missing the measly 50 points (in fact, 50 is so llittle, the truly depressing thing was to see I'm only at 50 out of 3,500, LOL). Still need that Janeway class ship, so it's going to be a long wait.

I'd kinda prefer they NOT try to write a database query updating all table rows. There's too much chance of them getting it horribly wrong and I'm not convinced they'd do a proper backup first.

It is bad that since people got the event progress, doing an event buyout for this event would give them 50 less campaign progress than normal.

Over the campaign people still have 34 spare days. That's almost forty cakes.
    Can't believe patch notes say we're actually getting progess back. :) Didn't expect that. Kudos.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That is nice to hear. I've only lost one day on my two accts, so not ;a real big deal and easy to make up.

But I'm glad they're giving that day back.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Can't believe patch notes say we're actually getting progess back. :) Didn't expect that. Kudos.

I am actually disappointed by the fix, but oh well.

I skipped it that day because I knew it didn't work. I would have preferred the adding an extra day... but in the end it's only a single day and I am happy for those that get it. I'm not thrilled about the fact that I miss out because I opted to avoid known bugged content, but it's hardly the end of the world.
    Maybe it will take some time to distribute the 50 points, but I was just able to log in and there is no change on my campaign total yet. (Which, I mean, could be worse. Could have gone down by 50. ;) )
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
    Mine either, still sitting on 350 should be 400?????????

Same here. What a joke. Even their bug-fix is bugged. Still on 350.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Just checked mine again and I have the missing 50 points. So maybe it was just a process that took a while to run after the update?
    tagen wrote: »

Just checked mine again and I have the missing 50 points. So maybe it was just a process that took a while to run after the update?

Peculiar. I logged in today, and lo and behold, indeed I got mine back too. :) Who'd have thunk it.

3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I lost a day 2 days ago when the server was wonky. it is what it is.. I'm not stamping my feet demanding the 50 points. If a game is getting to you that bad it's time to step away
    Spock.jpg

I also found mine in my campaign where it beloned. Thanks to the Devs for the day missed.

Good, now you can calm the $%^& down.
This discussion has been closed.