test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO ... too much stuff !

jinno1993#9127 jinno1993 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
edited November 2021 in Reputation System
Ok, this isn' exactly about the Reputation System, even tho that's where the problem is most visible.
And yeah, forgive my bad english (not my first language :( )

The point is: STO has grown too much !
Don't get me wrong: I see Cryptic's point. This is Free to Play and Cryptic do have to gain, or they couldn't keep the game alive, but I feel like they've released the WRONG kind of content.

Too much reputation systems, too much events all together ... it's too much stuff to be enjoyable.

I remember time ago when the only stuff were the Borgs missions. I LOVED that Assimilated Carrier boss.
THAT was cool ... THAT was STAR TREK ONLINE !

Now we have TONS of content that, if you ask me, is so much that we don't even enjoy it.
War with Sphere Builders ... War with Tholians ... Iconians ... Tzenkethi !!!

Who the **** are the Tzenkethi ? We don't even see them in canon series ... they're just mentioned in 1 episode of DS9 !!!
Even the Pakled are more a thing, even without considering Lower Decks story !

What I'm trying to say is that maybe it would been better if the devs separated those contents between various careers/characters.
Don't know: put the temporal/sphere builders stuff in the Temporal Operative story ... why putting all this stuff together ?

I know, nobody cares.
I just wanted to let you know that I miss those times !

Comments

• benjyis2benjyis2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeh I havnt played since 2012 and I gotta admit, I am blown away with all the stuff thats happened and all.. I`m not sure if what i`m saying is what your refering too but a little simpler or something to help you along the way would be awesum tbh. However on the side note and all.. The game is realy realy awesum! When I came back couple of weeks ago, just learning of how to move my ship again and the controls and putting my collegues on away mission took me couple of hours and believe me that 6 hours I spent I had a blast!. But at the moment I am blown away with all the stuff, parts, equipment, rep, ship upgrades etc and trying to work my way around the map//areas is alot to take in. However a helping hand is appreciated and still learning. When I quit I was generaly an idiot when I came to "stuff" when played other games and when I looked back I wish I had a time machine and give me sen a laugh and a giggle and the stuff and all.. Gotten older and a truck tone smarter compared. Anyways yeh its blown me away with all the stuff since then and now.. :smile:
  • jinno1993#9127 jinno1993 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    No, that was just a "for the good old times sake" post.

I miss the days where there were no reputations, just 3 TFO operations where you teamed up with other players and faced STRONG (cause they were strong at that time) Assimilated/Borg Ships.

It used hard to kill the Assimilated Carrier: it took 3-4 minutes of concentrated fire, with cannons and torpedoes blasting from everywhere.

And then, in the end, you had a 1 chance out of 5 to get a Salvaged Borg Technology. When you had 5 of them, you could turn them in to get MACO / Adapted MACO / Omega gear, which was only slightly better then the actual Impulse/Deflector/Shield combination.

If I remember correctly, it didn't even require dil.
    Those were good times: the game was simplier, but it was cool.

It has evolved now, and perhaps that's good: I think it would have died if it didn't, but still I miss those times.