test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic is becoming a Gearbox Studio!

1235»

Comments

• x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    At the top of the corporate ladder, they take the biggest chunk of the profits.
    - This sounds like the corporate ladder just got a few new rungs. Which means the empty coffers may just "downsize" to maximize the take at the top.
    - Embracer Group > Gearbox Entertainment > (PWE > Cryptic)
    - So the money trickles up to; Karlstad Sweden, from; Frisco Texas, Beijing China, Los Gatos California.
    - More investors to pay, More elite corpo suits to pay. Budgets get cut, companies get downsized. the cost on the consumer/player base gets gouged to fill the elite pockets of the corpo suits. Mansions, yachts, Shiny towers, & Executive perks.
    - The Suits/investors want to make their investment back, & then some.
    - --
    - They might faten the golden goose to get bigger eggs. Long game. Best case scenario
    - Or they might starve the goose to maximize profit in the short gain, sinking the ship to make a quick buck.
    - Allot of production corpos are burning old IPs to make a quick buck these days.
    - Shilling controversy to drum up interest, Fill the seats, But losing long term trust, & loyalty in the process.
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bridgern wrote: »
    “The optimist says, ‘It can’t get any worse!’ And the pessimist replies, ‘Oh yes it can!”

Why did I feel a physic whisper of someone saying "Hold my beer" just now...
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Reading the thread about the disabling KDF recruit event reminded me of this one... what do you guys think; will Cryptic get an QA department for STO when the gearbox deal is done? I mean that would be awesome though, would it? :)
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Reading the thread about the disabling KDF recruit event reminded me of this one... what do you guys think; will Cryptic get an QA department for STO when the gearbox deal is done? I mean that would be awesome though, would it? :)

So far, it just goes to show that nothing has changed. A lack of quality control and testing before pushing things is still an issue and has been an issue for quite a long time.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    Here's my story of cautionary causation.

I once worked for a company that was based out of Germany. Ok our parent company, the starting company, is now defunct so I will give you its real name: Getrag. I worked at one of its spin-offs, called Getrag Precision Gear Company, LLC. We made transmission gears for Caterpillar and Cummins big rigs and tractors, etc. and also cars and trucks with engines by Cummins. We were very successful for 8 of the years I was there. When the automotive industry in America hit the bricks, we took a big hit just like the rest of the country. Thank God for Barack Obama. I think that was pretty much the end of the Republican Party too, but I digress.

Anyways, after the recovery, our sister company--Getrag Axel Plant--began a slow takeover of our plant. People in key positions who had been major players in our success were being let go, one person or so every few months. And then we got the news that the Axel plant was closing. Suddenly everyone woke up and began looking around. In the "emergency" it was decided, the higher ranked folks from the Axel plant would graft into us and lift all the boats up with this coming tide. Of course this was the plan all along. It had just come so slowly, no one saw it happening at the time.

The high-water mark that we had enjoyed before the car plants in Michigan almost folded was never again reached. The next thing we knew, it was our plant that was for sale. Three years later, the doors were closed. These guys in the front offices thought they were so smart until Germany sent in their hatchet man who started cutting THEM down. Germany then retreated unto themselves in an effort to stop the bleeding but it was too late. Getrag is a name that hardly anyone remembers.

Star Trek is the most iconic franchise in history. After 60 years, content is still being created. It's not going anywhere - as for the game itself, I highly doubt anything would happen to it. After all, the parent company knows how much money they receive every year because of this game. They'll let any 3rd party fall down, after yanking the game away if need be.

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @jcsww said:
    > So far, it just goes to show that nothing has changed. A lack of quality control and testing before pushing things is still an issue and has been an issue for quite a long time.

You’re not wrong, but the merger just finalized the last two weeks. There is plenty of time for change. I hope they find some money for a proofreader…
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    When will we be able to launch game w/o ARC?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @otisnoble said:
    > When will we be able to launch game w/o ARC?

You may have necro’ed the thread. But the short answer is that you could always launch the game without Arc. The Arc launcher is just a wrapper for the Star Trek Online exe file. If you find your game client file, you can already run it without using Arc.

Good luck!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.