test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can not complete KDF Tutorial

nexus1972nexus1972 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I am stuck in the first Space-Map of the KDF Tutorial. After i engage the 3 FED Ships the game freezes and i am kicked out. Happend 6 times. No chance to complete the tutorial right now. All other toons in the game can be played without any errors...

Comments

• Options
    f4ll3n80f4ll3n80 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It is disconnection errors. Is happening for me even past the tutorial. Seems to happen more frequently if I try and rearrange my HUD for some reason. So far it only hasnt DC when I was on Qo'nos.
  • Options
    boroslavboroslav Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    nexus1972 wrote: »
    I am stuck in the first Space-Map of the KDF Tutorial. After i engage the 3 FED Ships the game freezes and i am kicked out. Happend 6 times. No chance to complete the tutorial right now. All other toons in the game can be played without any errors...

Same. I get d'ced when I'm supposed to hail the Klingon prison on Qo'noS, and when logging back in I'm back at the beginning of the previous map with no impulse or option to warp to Qo'NoS, out or transwarp to Qo'noS. Q obviously is tampering with Klignon recruitment for some reason.
  • Options
    After 12 years we should expect some foresight when it comes to events with free ships....
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Exact same thing here. I may try to contact Daniels to fast forward through this time frame.
  • Options
    capnspankycapnspanky Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Getting the same problem, can't finish the controllable space portion of the tutorial. Network overload, what's that?

At least this isn't as bad as EA Battlefront II, where players would post their server ping reports and network maps to prove that it was the game servers and not their own connections/ISP that was the problem and the devs would respond with "we don't see any problems on our end, contact your ISP".
  • Options
    capnspanky wrote: »
    Getting the same problem, can't finish the controllable space portion of the tutorial. Network overload, what's that?

At least this isn't as bad as EA Battlefront II, where players would post their server ping reports and network maps to prove that it was the game servers and not their own connections/ISP that was the problem and the devs would respond with "we don't see any problems on our end, contact your ISP".

Really ? OMG... That explains some things wrong with todays games...

• Options
    kalenathkalenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Crashes every time I engage the three Fed jamming ships. freeze, then 'Timed out connecting to Gameserver'

Maybe we should re-title the game THAT, since we see it so often now? For me, every other loading screen crashes me to login now.
  • Options
    jeffersonianjeffersonian Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    boroslav wrote: »

Same. I get d'ced when I'm supposed to hail the Klingon prison on Qo'noS, and when logging back in I'm back at the beginning of the previous map with no impulse or option to warp to Qo'NoS, out or transwarp to Qo'noS. Q obviously is tampering with Klignon recruitment for some reason.

Exact same thing happened to me... logging off entirely for half an hour, and will come back and see then.
  • Options
    doonassassin#7986 doonassassin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same after killing one the three Starfleet ships game locks up and crashes, repeated and verified about 12 times so far
  • Options
    scutofo#1689 scutofo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same after killing one the three Starfleet ships game locks up and crashes, repeated and verified about 12 times so far

Same here, I can't complete the mission, because the game locks up as soon as I start moving my ship.
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I am stuck at the 2nd ship encounter "Destroy Rescue Team (0/2)". As long as I don't fire I can fly around in space all I want and chat - as soon as I engage I start getting the Server not Responding until I timeout and return to log in screen.

4th time trying I did nothing at all but still got disconnected after a short time in game.
  • Options
    angelfrost1angelfrost1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    boroslav wrote: »

Me too. Cannot contact the prison, can't leave the map or move at all. Been over an hour and still the same.
  • Options
    mhacimmhacim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ugggh, this is painful. If you are going to have an event, make sure you can support it. If the goal was to get more people to play Klingon, this disaster is going to have the opposite affect.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @mhacim said:
    > Ugggh, this is painful. If you are going to have an event, make sure you can support it. If the goal was to get more people to play Klingon, this disaster is going to have the opposite affect.

As annoying as it is, this is nonsense. It's neither the first anniversary event, nor the first Klingon recruit event. This has nothing to do with 'them unable to support it'. Probably some freak incident with the latest patch, maybe they have to roll back.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mhacimmhacim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I don't think I would call it nonsense. This isn't my first rodeo or my first event that had increased server disconnects. This is by far the worst.
  • Options
    stuck on tutorial, crashed and now can't leave map, or drop mission, or anything. Edge of Klingon Space.
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    I see that the disconnection issue is fixed. So how do I reset my mission progress? I'm at the edge of Klingon space with the next mission step to beam to Qo'nos and that planet is not on my map.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I'm not seeing any new info anywhere, but I only use Discord outside of game. They may have nothing to report yet. Nonetheless no communication is rarely a good thing. I'll delete my new recruit if there is no news today. He was just an extra to round out my fleet with a Ferasan Engineering captain. No chance for KDF purchase of BOFF & ship now either.
  • Options
    angelfrost1angelfrost1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I deleted my KDF Recruit and created a new one today. Now I am able to complete the tutorial and continue. It would have been nice for the developers to announce this.
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    I got a response to my support ticket and an Engineer moved my ship to the correct map so I could pick up the tutorial where I left off.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada