test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Research Lab - Menu is BLANK

duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
Level 85 Fully Developed SB. Been Level 85 for several years.
Toon is Jem Hadar Level 65

Problem: Fleet Research Lab console for R/D and Traits... menu is BLANK... nothing but a back button.
Is there a problem I don't understand.. or game bug... or what am I doing wrong?

The console on the Fleet Research Lab has been used by many toons in days on past... but now I can't get and menu of traits etc.. its blank.

Any pointers etc would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
@duketbar (Fleet Officer)
Tides of War Website
Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Checked on one of my Jem'hadar characters and the console appears to be working (PC).

Are their any minimum play time requirements for Jem'hadar toons in place that could be affecting this?

Could the character in question already have all the additional items from the console?

These are the only things that come to mind.
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Checked on one of my Jem'hadar characters and the console appears to be working (PC).
    I for got to include that I'm referring to PC... yes.

Are their any minimum play time requirements for Jem'hadar toons in place that could be affecting this?
    Toon Level is 65, 3 years old I think. Has advanced all but the extra slots.

Could the character in question already have all the additional items from the console?
    I really don't know, I'll have to check that. But, I should still see some type of menu.. yes?

The big question is: Should I not see some type of menu that would idicated that I do or do not have what is needed. I don't think it should be BLANK with only a back button showing.

Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
    duketbar wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »
    I for got to include that I'm referring to PC... yes.

Toon Level is 65, 3 years old I think. Has advanced all but the extra slots.

I really don't know, I'll have to check that. But, I should still see some type of menu.. yes?

The big question is: Should I not see some type of menu that would idicated that I do or do not have what is needed. I don't think it should be BLANK with only a back button showing.

The menu seems to show what you don't have so if it shows nothing you have everything :smile:
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Under Traits.
    Personal Ground Trait. Mouse over blank square says "Purchase at Fleet Research Lab
    Personal Space Trait. Mouse over blank square says " Purchase at Fleet Research Lab.

I visited the Lab with a fully developed tune that has all the traits etc.... the console responds with a blank.... but a much bigger blank area.

I recall from memory that the menu used to tell you what you had purchased, what could be purchased and for how much... just like most consoles at Fleet Facilities.

Is there a bug?
    Tides of War Website
    edited February 2022
    duketbar wrote: »
    Under Traits.
    Personal Ground Trait. Mouse over blank square says "Purchase at Fleet Research Lab
    Personal Space Trait. Mouse over blank square says " Purchase at Fleet Research Lab.

Yes. I get this also on a character that's purchased all options from the Lab. Believe it has something to do with Elite Captain Training that provides an extra ground and space trait, as well as room for an extra kit module and ground device slot.

This feature was introduced last year and from what I understand caused some confusion when it came out with the extra ground and space trait slots labelled as they are, even for fully 'Fleet Research Lab upgraded' characters.
    I visited the Lab with a fully developed tune that has all the traits etc.... the console responds with a blank.... but a much bigger blank area.

If you don't see it, it's already been purchased. I tested this.
    I recall from memory that the menu used to tell you what you had purchased, what could be purchased and for how much... just like most consoles at Fleet Facilities.

From what I can recall, there are other Fleet menus with the same behavior. For example when purchasing 'Atmospheric Training' from the Fleet Spire, it will only show these options if they haven't been purchased.
    Is there a bug?

Here's a photo of all available options at the Fleet Spire. If you don't have any of these and they don't show up on the Fleet Research Lab menu, then there is a bug.

If you just see the extra personal ground and space traits boxes but have gotten everything from the Fleet Research Lab it's not really a bug but a mis-labelled feature you can purchase from the Z-store (Elite Captain training).

Keep in mind that a Experimental Ship Upgrade Token (also a relatively new feature) will provide an extra Starship trait slot on an upgraded ship but it's shown just below the others.

Aside from the 1 each mis-labelled ground and space personal traits you should see 4+1 = 5 starship trait slots, 5 space reputation slots, 5 ground reputation slots, 5 active ground reputation slots, and 5 active space reputation slots on a fully 'Fleet Research Lab upgraded' character.

n9WLX48.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yes I'd agree with the above, I also noticed one time it said you need to purchase at Fleet Research. That is NOT true, it's given by the Elite Captain Training Token you buy from the CSTORE for sure!

Not sure why they haven't corrected this tooltip.
    0zxlclk.png
  • vaniergentry#1273 vaniergentry Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm playing on Xbox, but I think I might be running into the same problem. When I try to access the console to purchase trait slots, I'm supposed to get a menu, but I get this instead:
    3q1wgalbur7y.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited June 2022
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.