test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashing to Desktop After a Server Timeout.

Ever since the Anniversary update after a server timeout (which unfortunately is a perennial occurrence) instead of going to the log-in screen the game client crashes to desk-top. This happens at least once during a game play period. No matter how long.
The server time-outs always happen on a map change, any map change (as it always does).
I login into the client through Steam

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Have you tried just using the .exe instead of Steam?
  • Options
    dubiousmb1#8259 dubiousmb1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Have you tried just using the .exe instead of Steam?
    I haven't as of yet but I will and let everyone know how it goes.

• Options
    dubiousmb1#8259 dubiousmb1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just had it happen again, right now 2:42 pm EST, while playing Enlil beaming onto the Colony World.
  • Options
    boroslavboroslav Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ever since the Anniversary update after a server timeout (which unfortunately is a perennial occurrence) instead of going to the log-in screen the game client crashes to desk-top. This happens at least once during a game play period. No matter how long.
    The server time-outs always happen on a map change, any map change (as it always does).
    I login into the client through Steam

Same behavior. Using Steam to log in. I don't think it's a Steam issue though.

• Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    It's not a Steam issue, or not just a Steam issue. I log in with the exe and got the server freeze/timeout multiple times with a brand new KDF toon. Once during the tutorial and once in "live action". The total blackout during the ground tutorial was annoying too but a separate issue.