test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF Recruitment Event: Feb 9th - March 9th

Comments

• edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Just as a bit of trivia, Gamma recruit was run in 2018, 2019, and as mentioned in 2021. Before 2021, Delta was last done in 2015, while Temporal was originally done in 2016. Delta and Temporal both needed work before they could be rerun due to arc changes and removed missions. Gamma got some reward changes in 2021, but as far as I know didn't need as much work as the other two. (Which likely explains the order in which they were run in 2021.)
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Well this is good news for me though I'm purely console these days, fresh account with no recruits at all. So I guess it'll be three or four weeks after PC before it starts for us.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Well this is good news for me though I'm purely console these days, fresh account with no recruits at all. So I guess it'll be three or four weeks after PC before it starts for us.

They said it'll be happening at the same time.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I have a completed KDF recruit from the first run. I'm not gonna roll another. I am wondering if the rerun will coincide with another expansion to the Endeavour system as one of the requirements is reliant on increasing your level (was it 50 points? I forget).

More people are hitting the 600 limit, that being the case, they are SOL in completing that section unless the system is raised to I guess 750.

They said it'll be happening at the same time.

They did? Even better. Toon number 5 it is. My single fed will be even more neglected.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    So this is nothing more than make another toon and play the exact same content over and over again ? In a vain effort to get us to spend more money getting god traits and other ships for other toons ?

Yeah.... I'll pass thanks. Unless I'm missing something ? I already have a KDF that I don't play, A delta that I don't play a Jem Hadar that I don't play.....
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    So this is nothing more than make another toon and play the exact same content over and over again ? In a vain effort to get us to spend more money getting god traits and other ships for other toons ?

Yeah.... I'll pass thanks. Unless I'm missing something ? I already have a KDF that I don't play, A delta that I don't play a Jem Hadar that I don't play.....

recruitment events are usually designed for newer players in order to help give them a leg up in playing the game, since they usually come with account wide rewards. Since this is a rerun, it's not going to be anything new.

The question is, why is it that you don't play them? Did you do all the rewards from them or are you simply not interested?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @westmetals said:
    > Just to note, for newer players who maybe don't have them already, you can get an account unlock ship with the (popular) "Withering Barrage" starship trait from this event, and I believe also the cross-faction flying unlock.

The Klingon recruits also benefit from the DPS boff too. But I think the best reason is that they unlock 2 or 3 bonus endeavor points. So if you are behind in the endeavor system rolling some extra KDF toons could help. I was talking to someone in Reddit chat who said they deleted most of their alts to fill their roster with KDF recruits. That is too much work for me, but I appreciate their enthusiasm.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Did you guys know that you can Ambush Kill each ship in the tutorial, just recloak and fly out range after killing, then decloak you target another one, then continue rinse and repeating the progress, It works since I've tested it myself, my level 7 klingon recruit already has 10 ambush kills under his belt.
    Did you guys know that you can Ambush Kill each ship in the tutorial, just recloak and fly out range after killing, then decloak you target another one, then continue rinse and repeating the progress, It works since I've tested it myself, my level 7 klingon recruit already has 10 ambush kills under his belt.

I'll just be repeating Home again and again for both melee and ambush kills. Target rich environments with lots of weaker enemies.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Thinking back to last year's KDF recruitment event it seemed like both the melee and ambush kill goals added up pretty quick just doing a combination of missions and TFO's.

Practicing with a variety of blades and getting the recruit ship set up for decloaking burst damage fun with all cannons front and turrets rear seemed to help.
    westmetals wrote: »

I'll just be repeating Home again and again for both melee and ambush kills. Target rich environments with lots of weaker enemies.

I seem to recall that someone had posted a way to "cheese" the ground melee kills using the episode "Partisans".

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l88pjp/2500_melee_kills_or_afk_for_fun_and_profit/

I seem to recall that someone had posted a way to "cheese" the ground melee kills using the episode "Partisans".

If that's the one with Madran, then that'll work. However, if I'm going to power grind it I may as well do two at once.

I'll have to dust the Kor off. Not looking forward to gearing yet another toon I'll tell you that much.
    Am practicing all cannon ambush kills in a Qugh tonight just to get in the mood :smile:

If that's the one with Madran, then that'll work. However, if I'm going to power grind it I may as well do two at once.

I'll have to dust the Kor off. Not looking forward to gearing yet another toon I'll tell you that much.

It's the one with the updated version of the Nimbus arena battle. There are three devices you have to interact with... if you walk near them but don't do the interacts, you get infinite spawns until you DO do the interacts. Can complete the melee goal in a single run of the episode.

Yeah, the one with Madran in the cage. I'll go insane doing that, with Home I get a bit of variety at least.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited February 2022
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Well, this is embarrassing.

First, lockboxes crashes and now recruitment crashes.

That said, I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy some schadenfreude from watching as both their main, predatory money maker and what is supposed to keep the metrics good-looking are being plagued by game-breaking bugs.

Hope it'll serve as a wake-up call regarding not fixing bugs and letting them pile up until it starts affecting something serious.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Quick hamster swap and fired up the spare ZX Spectrum 256k. The intern has been sent to the dilithium mines.......on Remus.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Well, this is embarrassing.

First, lockboxes crashes and now recruitment crashes.

That said, I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy some schadenfreude from watching as both their main, predatory money maker and what is supposed to keep the metrics good-looking are being plagued by game-breaking bugs.

Hope it'll serve as a wake-up call regarding not fixing bugs and letting them pile up until it starts affecting something serious.

You are NOT alone in that boat. More so, when they refuse to stop making lotto boxes and take time to do some serious bug stomping, which this game is in dire need of. Frankly, there wasn't a single aspect of the KDF recruitment that DIDN'T bug for me on the first run. Now that they're doing a second run, it's nice to see that it didn't even work, at all.

Speaking of which, I've started a new recruit but they've got absolutely zero progression on the recruitment device. All other recruits i've redone had the same progression as the others, so is this normal for the KDF recruit? i made her on the 11th, but will delete her if she has to do the ENTIRE unlock progression again. Is that a bug?
This discussion has been closed.