test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cyclical Modulation Weapon errors

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
edited January 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
For me the pistol isn't set in the hand correctly and all 5 fingers clip through the grip and the rifle flat out just doesn't display on my back or in my hands, I can take screen shots if need be.

The assault cannon seems to be alright though

Comments

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Same here, blast assault is ok, pistol is ok other than slightly forward in grip, rifle will not show on back or in hands outside of combat and sniper targeting beam comes out your feet along the floor not out of weapon itself.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    I can confirm seeing the same issue. I submitted an in-game bug report on the topic just now. The game did not give me a ticket number.

My chararacter's hands are of average size and can hold most of the game's pistols without experiencing anykind of significant clipping. It's like the Cyclical Modulation Compression Pistol has an incorrect center anchor point that moves it a bit to much forward, leaving the palm empty while the handle clips with four fingers.

This remains the case in any held position, including aiming and firing.

Steps to reproduce:
    1- Grab a default human male character
    2- Obtain the Cyclical Modulation Compression Pistol
    3- Equip it and unholster it
    4- The problem should become immediately obvious

Considering this is the reward of an event that is currently ongoing, I would appreciate this being looked at.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • n0znihs#2244 n0znihs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Sniper aims from the feet, Lecks Knives also.
  • neutralis424neutralis424 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I play as a Romulan. When using any of the weapons Cyclical Modulation feature my character will get stuck in the tapping his wrist com motion. Can't do anything after that unless I beam onto my ship and beam back. The sniper rifle doesn't even show on my character. Haven't tried firing them yet cause I know I'll get stuck in the tapping motion and not fire.
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    For me the pistol isn't set in the hand correctly and all 5 fingers clip through the grip and the rifle flat out just doesn't display on my back or in my hands...

This is happening with my characters also. How did something this glaring make it past Q.A. and why is this the only place I'm seeing this brought up?
    Bump, yes its necro, but the rifle still does not appear on your back and cannot be un-holstered outside of combat, its just a visual bug as once you start combat it appears. Been 2 years now lol
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > necro is fine for bugs...
    >
    > and this is why i advocate for a bug list. 2 yrs eh? well, i doubt it going to get fixed at all.

I agree. Probably not many players are even using those weapons to warrant dev attention. They'd be great as alliance weapons, but we are doing nothing with tge alliance theme in game any way. No fluff, no bridges, no missions. Uniform isn't even available any more.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    cool, only 3 year 8 months now since reported, yes probably not worth their time to look at but considering these are now being sold for real money via mudd it should be looked at really.