test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody else crashing when opening Reputation Boxes or Lock Boxes?

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
I already have a thread running in support but would like to know if this is local issue with my account or if anybody has the same issue? I crashed about 6 times now.
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    It looks to be pretty much any box. Prisoner/DOff/Colonist boxes, Rep boxes, Endeavor boxes, etc. The pane displaying what you get out of them isn't working properly and, yes, frequent crashes when opening them.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    The sad thing is I was about to get the Infinity T6 Lockbox Ship and I crashed. I came back it was just a Kit Box and 4 Lobis...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I just crashed 3 times in a row, after opening my daily endeavor reward boxes. nice patch.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Looks like they're about to do a quick patch.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    I love how this one thing got a full blog entry of barely two lines.

It'd be so nice if other game-breaking bugs like that (and technically, this one isn't actually game-breaking) being acknowledged in a visible blog.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > I love how this one thing got a full blog entry of barely two lines.
    >
    > It'd be so nice if other game-breaking bugs like that (and technically, this one isn't actually game-breaking) being acknowledged in a visible blog.

Yeah but they never updated it to say they fixed it—so now it just boldly says “Don’t open lockboxes.” I assume most players don’t read anyway—so it probably doesn’t matter.
    qultuq wrote: »
    Yeah but they never updated it to say they fixed it—so now it just boldly says “Don’t open lockboxes.” I assume most players don’t read anyway—so it probably doesn’t matter.
    They didn't even say "don't open lockboxes", they still went with "it is RECOMMENDED that you not open packs or boxes".
    #TASforSTO
    I guess that, even if the lockboxes are bugged, as long as the keys can be purchased (since technically, it's not the lockboxes bringing money since they're free, but the keys themselves), it's still not an emergency.

Unless they have a "how many lockboxes were opened" metrics data, in which case, I almost hope this bug goes on for a while, as some sort of wake-up call.
    #TASforSTO
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    *slowly claps* Nice one, Cryptic...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I can open Endeavor boxes without crashing. I do get the black box with nothing in it, but I do get the stuff anyway, as I can see what it was with the loot info that pops up on top of chat.

I don't open gambleboxes very often cause I don't purchase keys that often.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Question: Are the Endeavor boxes actually empty or is just the description window bugged?

I don't crash, but the description window is wonky and I can't tell whether I get anything from the reward list.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I got my items. The loot roll window that pops up over the chat window shows what I got.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Even my Endeavor boxes open with this issue, but I agree...the stuff arrives in inventory, shows in chat bar, but the actually pop up notification box is blank
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I got my items. The loot roll window that pops up over the chat window shows what I got.

Interesting. I stopped opening them a couple days ago, but the ones I was opening seemed to get only R&D materials in the loot window. I used to get stuff like mark boxes, dil, and EC.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Interesting. I stopped opening them a couple days ago, but the ones I was opening seemed to get only R&D materials in the loot window. I used to get stuff like mark boxes, dil, and EC.

Everything still drops and the text shows up in the chat window. I've gotten 1000 and 2500 Dill drops, as well as 3 50 Mark and 3 100 Mark boxes since the issue started.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.